HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Everything but Super C poutine thread

Old
07-30-2014, 11:35 AM
Naoned
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
Lol,...my idiot friend thought i meant poutine AT super c...i meant poutine near super c...

and la banquise has the best poutine FYI!
I was quite reluctant to the idea, but my friend dragged me there when I visited him in MTL. It made me a poutine believer.

Naoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2014, 12:36 PM
LyricalLyricist

This is what happens when I have an impromptu day off. Had a giant sweet potato and decided to make a baked sweet potato poutine(for sake of discussion, a baked potato with a poutine flavour). Inside the potato there is bacon bits then the cheese on top. Pepper, chili flakes and chives for good measure.

Last edited by LyricalLyricist: 08-11-2014 at 12:52 PM.
LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2014, 12:46 PM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
This is what happens when I have an impromptu day off. Had a giant sweet potato and decided to make a baked sweet potato poutine. Inside the potato there is bacon bits then the cheese on top. Pepper, chili flakes and chives for good measure.

no, just no. I understand that much of this thread is predicated on what is or is not poutine, but a baked sweet potato does not count, the same way that hashbrowns covered in velveeta and topped with white sausage gravy might be delicious but is is decidely not, poutine.

sandysan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2014, 12:50 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysan View Post
no, just no. I understand that much of this thread is predicated on what is or is not poutine, but a baked sweet potato does not count, the same way that hashbrowns covered in velveeta and topped with white sausage gravy might be delicious but is is decidely not, poutine.
I assure you, just because it's not cut into slices, does not make it any less of a poutine.

If I bake fries, is it not poutine? Besides, this thing was quite large so I had to do more than just bake it.

Either way, I get where you're coming from. Let's call it a poutine inspired baked potato, better?

Old
08-11-2014, 12:58 PM
Guy Germaine

[/QUOTE]

That looks amazing. #inspired

Guy Germaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2014, 01:06 PM
sandysan

Quote:
I assure you, just because it's not cut into slices, does not make it any less of a poutine.

If I bake fries, is it not poutine? Besides, this thing was quite large so I had to do more than just bake it.

Either way, I get where you're coming from. Let's call it a poutine inspired baked potato, better?
if you bake fries, its not ideal but it can still count. but the holy trinity are fries , curds and gravy. I've seen some say fries, grated cheese and gravy count ( I dont think it does but if others want to, that's on them no need to open old wounds) but no fries = no poutine is something that I think most if not everyone can get behind.

that looks like a loaded baked potato covered in gravy. I think the " inspired" a far better descriptor.

sandysan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2014, 01:09 PM
JusticeBeaver
Twitter: @gar****al

Quote:

How long did you bake that sucker? I'd imagine when you cut that big boy down and swirl around some gravy, it was pretty damn good.

JusticeBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2014, 01:12 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysan View Post
if you bake fries, its not ideal but it can still count. but the holy trinity are fries , curds and gravy. I've seen some say fries, grated cheese and gravy count ( I dont think it does but if others want to, that's on them no need to open old wounds) but no fries = no poutine is something that I think most if not everyone can get behind.

that looks like a loaded baked potato covered in gravy. I think the " inspired" a far better descriptor.
I've made sweet potato fries poutine and now this. In all honesty, if you bake it, it's pretty much the same thing. Considering the potato is peeled, all I do is cut it into slices(fries) as I eat it.

I'll take inspired if I have to. Just enjoy the pic and I'll deal with the heart attack.

Old
08-11-2014, 01:17 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 50
Whatever it is, it looks and sounds really good.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2014, 01:20 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticeBeaver View Post
How long did you bake that sucker? I'd imagine when you cut that big boy down and swirl around some gravy, it was pretty damn good.
I had to boil it first. It was massive. I did boil, set and dry then lightly put oil around and baked it till crispy.

Went to market yesterday and saw them, was inspired right off the bat.

If you think that one is big, I also got this one:

It's legit about 1.5 times the size of the other one. I have no clue what I'm going do with it yet.

Old
08-11-2014, 01:39 PM
GoodKiwi

On my way to try this as we speak:

http://www.mtlblog.com/2014/08/this-...-duck-poutine/

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2014, 01:42 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
The hell is this? Poutine at Van Houtte?

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2014, 01:58 PM
FuzzyWuzzy
I'm still alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
#thingsyouseeonMTLblog

FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2014, 02:07 PM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

vCash: 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
I saw the cup in the picture and was like "why are they advertising Van Houtte coffee? But then reading the story it's like wtf?

Theosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2014, 06:38 PM
ymenard

It's more Van&Houtte (or any other business that's on MTLblog) is paying the blog to post an article on their new product. That's what MTLblog does.

Stop posting their stuff, they are just hidden ads or they steal content from elsewhere.

ymenard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2014, 06:42 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymenard View Post
It's more Van&Houtte (or any other business that's on MTLblog) is paying the blog to post an article on their new product. That's what MTLblog does.

Stop posting their stuff, they are just hidden ads or they steal content from elsewhere.
You're correct on the first point, but I don't care how content I'm interested in is produced and whether it's an advertisement or not. I also pull it in an RSS form and it doesn't cost me anything (past few seconds of my time to read the title) to scroll past articles I don't care about.

As for the second point - saves me time to check one site/feed over a dozen others.

The poutine was pretty good I thought. Certainly not traditional, but tasty nonetheless.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2014, 07:50 PM
overlords
Hfboards

My girlfriend is a duck maniac. Gonna have to check that out. Thanks.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2014, 10:49 PM
Runner77
#gangstA Ghetto 58

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Budwick View Post
Déli-Plus in the Villeray neighbourhood, on the intersections of Papineau and Villeray, their poutine is very good.
Got to try it and would recommend. Fries were great, they give you a lot of curds, sauce quite tasty. Trio, including 2 hotdogs and a soft drink, just below $10. I was told they're open til midnight everyday.

On to the next experience.

Runner77 is offline   Reply With Quote