HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What's so good about Emelin ?

Old
04-11-2007, 10:09 PM
jcpenny

vCash: 500
From what i saw during the WJC he was Russia's best D-man the last year Canada won gold at home and he was also the best point getter of all defensmen. He hits hard, plays with emotion and has an offensive flair. Basically hes everything we're looking for right now. People in MTL will fall in love with this guy. He will be better in NA.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2007, 10:24 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Anyone else watching the Nashville vs. San Jose game? I am so impressed with Nashville's young and skilled defense. I'm tired of the Dandouillon experiment. We need Emelin over, 'cause he can play like these young D men for Nashville.

They always make the right play, seperate the puck and move it forward well and its a crisp break-out. That's the kind of things we don't see in Montreal very often unless Streit or Markov is on the ice. Continue to draft hard-hitting, puck-moving and smart defencemen Montreal, 'cause they are the key to success in the new NHL.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2007, 10:28 PM
jcpenny

By the way, after Emelin we have another gem in Valentenko. What a steal...

Old
04-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Habitant#1

Is he ready to play in the NHL? I would imagine it takes some time to get used to the size of the ice, especially since he's a physical player.

Habitant#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2007, 10:39 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant#1 View Post
Is he ready to play in the NHL? I would imagine it takes some time to get used to the size of the ice, especially since he's a physical player.
Well the transition should be easier coming from the big ice.Emelin wont get a sniff at the AHL. Like Streit and Markov he will be eased in the NHL nicely.

Old
04-11-2007, 10:42 PM
HCH

He is more of a Russian Dion Phaneuf than a Kasparitis clone. While he may never reach Phaneuf's level, he definitely plays that style. I would consider him more of a mean player than a pest. He also has way more offensive potential than Kasparitis and looks a lot bigger as well. Some sites now have him listed at well over 6' and closer to 210 lbs than 200.

I know he shoots left but he has played the right side a lot. He unloads the one timer much like Souray or Phaneuf.... maybe not as hard but he realy has the knack for pulling the trigger on those shots.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2007, 10:46 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob W View Post
He is more of a Russian Dion Phaneuf than a Kasparitis clone. While he may never reach Phaneuf's level, he definitely plays that style. I would consider him more of a mean player than a pest. He also has way more offensive potential than Kasparitis and looks a lot bigger as well. Some sites now have him listed at well over 6' and closer to 210 lbs than 200.

I know he shoots left but he has played the right side a lot. He unloads the one timer much like Souray or Phaneuf.... maybe not as hard but he realy has the knack for pulling the trigger on those shots.
At 6'1 210lbs and the way he hits, id compare him more to Volchenkov.

Old
04-11-2007, 10:53 PM
Stradale

So, is it possible to see him next season? He really doesnt want to come here or its the team that think we got better D?

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2007, 11:00 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
So, is it possible to see him next season? He really doesnt want to come here or its the team that think we got better D?
Gainey said in his PC that hell try everything to bring him over with Valentenko but the problem is that there is till no agreement between the NHL and russian players transfers.

Old
04-11-2007, 11:08 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Anyone else watching the Nashville vs. San Jose game? I am so impressed with Nashville's young and skilled defense. I'm tired of the Dandouillon experiment. We need Emelin over, 'cause he can play like these young D men for Nashville.

They always make the right play, seperate the puck and move it forward well and its a crisp break-out. That's the kind of things we don't see in Montreal very often unless Streit or Markov is on the ice. Continue to draft hard-hitting, puck-moving and smart defencemen Montreal, 'cause they are the key to success in the new NHL.
Exactly, there is no way Emelin can be worse than those two, he is probably already better and he's still developing, so I don't see why they shouldn't give him a chance if he has a good training camp. Put him with Markov, two Russians and Markov is usually in the right position if Alexei decides to get out of place since he's young. Do this and you can put Souray (if re-signed) with Komisarek, limiting his mistakes, balance the weak defence a bit.

Sorry, he shoots left as well, so he would have to be put with a righty, like Dandenault or even O'Byrne if the team feels adventurous.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote