HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What´s your opinion about Forsberg?

View Poll Results: What do think of Forsberg during his time in Nashville
I´m dissapointed.... 41 28.08%
I´m pleased.. 63 43.15%
I´m thrilled! 42 28.77%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-01-2007, 04:02 AM
DrCrane

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilros View Post
Quote me where I´ve said the above.
Well what other conclusion can one come to when you so conveniently chose to disregard the Nashville record before the All-Star break.

DrCrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Wachovia Center

Send a message via ICQ to Wachovia Center Send a message via Yahoo to Wachovia Center
Quote:
I guess you didn´t watch him alot ín Colorado?

Ofcourse he´s not the player he once was, it´s pretty obvious, he´s not even close.

What does Bertuzzi have to do with anything?

In Avalanche he went out on odd shifts where he didn´t even want the puck, he only ran around like a madman leveling people and stirring **** up. More often than not it ended up in a PP for Colorado due to players taking out vengence, or his teammates scoring caused by the opponents focusing on Forsberg instead of the game.

That was Forsberg during his glory days.

I´d love to see him step it up in the playoffs once again, but I´m sceptical to say the least.
He couldn't do that in Philly, the team relied on him to try and score almost every shift, and if he was mad, he WOULD do that. I think it's pretty obvious you didn't watch him play.

I can't watch Nashville games where I live (), but I doubt doing that would go over too well in their system from the highlights I've seen.

Wachovia Center is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 12:44 PM
Nordic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wachovia Center View Post
He couldn't do that in Philly, the team relied on him to try and score almost every shift, and if he was mad, he WOULD do that. I think it's pretty obvious you didn't watch him play.

I can't watch Nashville games where I live (), but I doubt doing that would go over too well in their system from the highlights I've seen.
A Pissed Foppa, is a good Foppa.

He needs to play with emotion, if he doesn´t he´s no different from any of the other top-20 playmakers in the league.

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 02:11 AM
larsmark

Quote:
A Pissed Foppa, is a good Foppa.

He needs to play with emotion, if he doesn´t he´s no different from any of the other top-20 playmakers in the league.
He will when the playoffs start.

Just check last year. The only player in Philadelphia who was good during the playoffs was Forsberg, he single handed won two games for them and he was angry.

larsmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 03:21 AM
Nordic*

I want some of this action..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPnturHNIvw

Old
04-12-2007, 04:28 AM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Quote:
I want some of this action..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPnturHNIvw
I'll do you one better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w1BD4sqhRU

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 05:50 AM
Nordic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post

This proves my point, he´s nowhere near what he was in Denver.

Back then he was the most dominant & complete player I´ve ever seen, despite being the most abused hockeyplayer in modern time.

Gretz & Mario had a better offense, way better. But when it comes to a complete game and total domination in all aspects of the game, they can´t compete with him. Fedorov & Lindros was sorta kinda close during their peaks, but still not close enough to start a debate about it.

What made him lose the step and acceleration so incredibly much? It can´t all be age or injuries, it must be a combo..

Anyway, a true hockeywarrior. Hope they send the Sharks golfing, they should´ve won the game last night..

Old
04-12-2007, 06:02 AM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
This proves my point, he´s nowhere near what he was in Denver.

Back then he was the most dominant & complete player I´ve ever seen, despite being the most abused hockeyplayer in modern time.

Gretz & Mario had a better offense, way better. But when it comes to a complete game and total domination in all aspects of the game, they can´t compete with him. Fedorov & Lindros was sorta kinda close during their peaks, but still not close enough to start a debate about it.

What made him lose the step and acceleration so incredibly much? It can´t all be age or injuries, it must be a combo..

Anyway, a true hockeywarrior. Hope they send the Sharks golfing, they should´ve won the game last night..

You got to take into account the type of injuries...lets face it if your feet are screwed up its gonna hinder ur overall game. I thought he had a stellar game to open up the playoffs.

Old
04-12-2007, 08:54 AM
DayWalk3r
YouTube Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
You got to take into account the type of injuries...lets face it if your feet are screwed up its gonna hinder ur overall game. I thought he had a stellar game to open up the playoffs.
Actually I think he played great yesterday. Especially the 2nd half of the game. He had 8 registered hits, most of all (2nd best hitter had 4 hits, counting both teams) He was 5/0 in takeaways/giveaways, best of all.
also, I havent seen him skate that good all year. He was a beast today.
Radulov was best on the ice together with Nabakov, and I think Forsberg was just a nose length below them.

Overall, an very exciting game and a great atmosphere.. and the best game Ive seen all season. Cant wait to game 2 in the series.

DayWalk3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Jarnberg

Forsberg was incredible last night. He turned it up another notch and it was amazing to watch. He was hitting everyone, was excellent along the boards and made a ton of outstanding passes (Fiddler, keep your stick on the ice).

It really is a treat to see this guy play.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 09:24 AM
larsmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Forsberg was incredible last night. He turned it up another notch and it was amazing to watch. He was hitting everyone, was excellent along the boards and made a ton of outstanding passes (Fiddler, keep your stick on the ice).

It really is a treat to see this guy play.
I agree, compared to before he was really on fire. But I stated that before, wait until the playoffs and we'll see him play very tough again. He didn't take any risks in the regular season, now it's all about the win and man did he hit.

larsmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 09:28 AM
RollingPredFan

I want to change my disapointment to thrilled LOL

Now if only Kariya will show up

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 09:54 AM
DrCrane

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingPredFan View Post
I want to change my disapointment to thrilled LOL

Now if only Kariya will show up
Me too felt he had a very good game yesterday. I don't know why Bilros continues to stick this "he's not as good as he was in Denver" up peoples noses everytime he posts. Are we not allowed to still enjoy Peters game? I think the Nashville fans can make up their own judgement on the guy. He's here in Nashville playing some good hockey so why not sit back and enjoy it!? As Stranger says, he's still a treat to watch.

And don't worry RollingPredFan, Kariya will win you game 2. I had an apiffany.

Last edited by DrCrane: 04-12-2007 at 10:00 AM.
DrCrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 10:26 AM
Wachovia Center

Send a message via ICQ to Wachovia Center Send a message via Yahoo to Wachovia Center
Bilros, I think Foppa can still do the coast to coast stuff, he's just been in a situation where he can't. With the Flyers he pretty much played on one foot all year, and the last couple of game here, he looked like the old Forsberg. Every time he had the puck, everything slowed down, whether it's the offensive, or defensive zone. With Nashville, I guess it's the system, I've only seen one game, but he's passing the puck in the defensive zone and the neutral zone rather than carrying it up himself, and I know for a fact he can carry it up himself. I really just think it's the system. Either that or they had two guys on him all night (because it looked like it).

Old
04-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Morandi11

not my board,
but forsberg was very good yesterday, very physical and aggressiv (i mean he got 8!!! hits), he looked fast, a bunch of takeaways ....
a great playoff warrior, no doubt.
i was a little bit disappointed by kariya and legwand.
hope they can make it.

Morandi11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 01:03 PM
Boston_Bruins

i'am not a nashville fan, as you can tell, but i think forsberg should retire, he is hurt more then he plays, hang the skates up,and be a scout, or a coach or something like that.

Boston_Bruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 01:41 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston_Bruins View Post
i'am not a nashville fan, as you can tell, but i think forsberg should retire, he is hurt more then he plays, hang the skates up,and be a scout, or a coach or something like that.
You didn't happen to catch last night's game did you? Just curious...

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Crazyhorse

Quote:
Yeah, lets retire, just quit those stupid playoffs.

Anyway, great video(the recent) many highlights i had not seen before.

Crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 03:25 PM
DayWalk3r
YouTube Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
You didn't happen to catch last night's game did you? Just curious...
Apparently he didn't.

DayWalk3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 03:31 PM
predperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsmark View Post
I agree, compared to before he was really on fire. But I stated that before, wait until the playoffs and we'll see him play very tough again. He didn't take any risks in the regular season, now it's all about the win and man did he hit.
He was a force out there on the ice. I clearly saw wheat every one had been saying about him being a different player in the playoffs (of course, I had watched him on TV but it's not the same as watching him from the second row, live and in person!)

predperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 05:07 PM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
your an uninformed hockey fan.

Old
04-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Nordic*

Seems like noone understands Foppas passes yet, he made some sweet ones right into the slot last game, but they just looked surprised when they actually got in there.

Old
04-12-2007, 06:30 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Forsberg, Weber and Radulov all looked like stars last night, we just need some others to follow their lead.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 10:58 PM
Wachovia Center

Quote:
Seems like noone understands Foppas passes yet, he made some sweet ones right into the slot last game, but they just looked surprised when they actually got in there.
They'll get used to it. They probably were surprised, not many people pass that good.

Old
04-13-2007, 01:45 AM
WineShark
HFBoards Sponsor

The scale of this vote is skewed based on whatever hope you had when he came in. If you expected Foppa - the best skater and toughest playoff player in the NHL from 4-5 year ago, sure you're disappointed. If you thought he would never get his skates laced tight again, you are thrilled. So the vote is rather meaningless in terms of the final result.

That being said I've watched him a lot in the Pacific Division over the years. He isn't the same player as he was. He can't skate like he did before. But he still has great hands, still is nasty in the playoffs from what I've seen in one game, makes people around him better, and hasn't stopped agitating and hitting. You can debate whether the trade was for fair value, but forgetting that, if you look at what you have, Forsberg still is one of the top 6-7 players on the ice right now between the two teams. Radulov in the first game was pretty impressive, but he is making it happen by himself. I'll take a Forsberg any day, and all that he brings to the ice and how he makes the team better.

Now - all that said, I hope he gets the flu and cant play Friday.

WineShark is offline   Reply With Quote