HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

random question here about season tickets...

Old
04-11-2007, 10:29 PM
teki

vCash: 500
random question here about season tickets...

i was just wondering how exactly do season tickets work?

do you make a deposit then you guaranteed a certain amount of seats to every game? then you have to purchase the tickets to the games you want (with a discounted ticket price)?

pretty random, but i've just always wondered.

teki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2007, 10:39 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by teki View Post
i was just wondering how exactly do season tickets work?
They work like this: you don't buy them until this damn franchise proves it's not just continuing a long held tradition of mediocrity.

Last edited by kingsfan25: 04-11-2007 at 11:21 PM.
kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2007, 11:17 PM
riseandfall9

You put down the deposit to get an appointment to Choose a seat. They sell Half seasons and Full seasons.

If you get a Half season somewhere in the 200 Sections you get 10 dollars off of each ticket. So your $55.00 face value ticket will cost you $45.00

If you get a Full season then you get 20 dollars off your face value. So your 55 face value ticket is around 35 dollars. Atleast thats the deal with us. So basically your paying about 1,800 dollars per person per ticket and thats not including parking and the expensive food they got there.

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 12:21 AM
J in toronto

don't even complain cause here in toronto it costs about $50,000 for the license and then about another $15,000 for the tickets. (not like you can actually bye them since there are thousands and thousand of people on the waiting list)

J in toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 12:27 AM
Otto-Maddox

for the kings you put down a 100 bucks per seat. after that they have a few diffrent plans to pay off what you owe. I'm poor so I sit in the die hard sec. only 12 bucks per game. ( face value of 26.50) and you still get all the perks of a regular season seat holder. The big perk in 05-06 was a auto luc jersey. this year it was a blanket so it's hit and miss but always pretty cool.

Otto-Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 01:33 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
You put down the deposit to get an appointment to Choose a seat. They sell Half seasons and Full seasons.

If you get a Half season somewhere in the 200 Sections you get 10 dollars off of each ticket. So your $55.00 face value ticket will cost you $45.00

If you get a Full season then you get 20 dollars off your face value. So your 55 face value ticket is around 35 dollars. Atleast thats the deal with us. So basically your paying about 1,800 dollars per person per ticket and thats not including parking and the expensive food they got there.
That's NOT how it works... there is NO way they give you a 55 dollar ticket for 35 dollars unless you've been a season seat holder since 1970something.

For NEW season seat holders there is very little discount financially. The benefit is that you have the same seat(s) for the entire season.

promise.

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Quattro

FWIW - I've had season seats for 6 seasons and I pay $53 a game for $73 tickets.

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 11:12 AM
multiball

Send a message via AIM to multiball
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion View Post
That's NOT how it works... there is NO way they give you a 55 dollar ticket for 35 dollars unless you've been a season seat holder since 1970something.

For NEW season seat holders there is very little discount financially. The benefit is that you have the same seat(s) for the entire season.

promise.
I can confirm this as a first time season package holder this season. Price break per ticket was minimal. Low single digit range.

edit: I should qualify this statement by saying that I purchased one of the Purple Packs, which is not even a half season package, so, your mileage may vary and the price breaks could go up the more games you buy.

I can also confirm that I am NOT making the same mistake next season. I live a mile away, so when I wanna see a game, I'll be there 5 minutes after face off getting lower bowl tix for $20.

Last edited by multiball: 04-12-2007 at 11:17 AM.
multiball is offline   Reply With Quote