HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
08-13-2014, 11:21 AM
TheGreek

vCash: 500
Can anyone help with the following questions

(1) I know full season ticket holder prices per ticket are discounted. Does this hold true for half season or mini plan subscribers too?

(2) What is the price charged season ticket holders, half season ticket holders, and mini plan holders for tickets in the last few rows (6,7) of the 400's? Does this differ at all from the pricing if you were to buy these seat on a single game basis

(3) Are mini plan holders afforded playoff rights in comporable seats to the ones in there plan? Are these tickets discounted as full season tix are?

Any insight any one could offer would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Old
08-13-2014, 12:00 PM
superyan

See answers below....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreek View Post
Can anyone help with the following questions

(1) I know full season ticket holder prices per ticket are discounted. Does this hold true for half season or mini plan subscribers too?
Yes... Half seasons are discounted less, and mini plans are discounted even less.

(2) What is the price charged season ticket holders, half season ticket holders, and mini plan holders for tickets in the last few rows (6,7) of the 400's? Does this differ at all from the pricing if you were to buy these seat on a single game basis
There is a sheet that the reps can email you. Call and ask for it. They have it blown up at games by section 118.

(3) Are mini plan holders afforded playoff rights in comporable seats to the ones in there plan? Are these tickets discounted as full season tix are?
No.. Mini plans get nothing. No... They are not discounted as much as full seasons.

Any insight any one could offer would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Old
08-13-2014, 12:45 PM
TheGreek

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I was led to believe mini plan holders were afforded the right to purchase playoff tickets. Are you certain that is not the case?

Old
08-13-2014, 01:02 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:

I was led to believe mini plan holders were afforded the right to purchase playoff tickets. Are you certain that is not the case?
All you get is a presale at the regular individual ticket prices and I think you only get that if you renew with a Chase card. Half season plans get half playoff rights.

08-13-2014, 01:06 PM
Nash Money

Quote:

You don't have any guaranteed rights. You may be able to get some tix though. I have a friend who I believe was offered one game per round with a mini plan 2 years ago. That year I had a mini plan and got a full strip (had to take 3 seats instead of two and in a different location) bc I kept calling and was persistent, but there definitely is no "right" to playoff tickets.

Last edited by Nash Money: 08-13-2014 at 06:10 PM.
Old
08-13-2014, 01:50 PM
Cygnus 2112

A mini-plan subscriber is not guaranteed playoff tickets....you may be lucky to get some games but there's a chance you won't. I'm wondering how last year's success will affect this scenario. And if you do get tix, they will probably not be in the same location as your mini-plan seats.

Old
08-13-2014, 05:47 PM
negipai98

Just picked up 2 full season tix. Sec 120 Row 13. Will be selling a lot of them I suspect, but still fun to say I'm a Ranger season ticket holder.

Old
08-13-2014, 06:01 PM
Giacomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by negipai98 View Post
Just picked up 2 full season tix. Sec 120 Row 13. Will be selling a lot of them I suspect, but still fun to say I'm a Ranger season ticket holder.
Welcome aboard you wont regret it!

Old
08-13-2014, 06:46 PM
negipai98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
Welcome aboard you wont regret it!
Thanks!!

Old
08-13-2014, 07:44 PM
OKnumber25

Quote:

This past season, a friend had a mini plan on the bridge, barstool seats. He was allowed to buy playoff tickets for all the games. He got bridge barstools but not the exact seats.

Old
08-13-2014, 08:31 PM
AHB*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus 2112 View Post
A mini-plan subscriber is not guaranteed playoff tickets....you may be lucky to get some games but there's a chance you won't. I'm wondering how last year's success will affect this scenario. And if you do get tix, they will probably not be in the same location as your mini-plan seats.
There is no guarantee, but if you follow up and are in constant contact with your rep, I think it is very likely you will get tickets. I did this two years ago and got every game. It was different seats from the ones I had during the regular season but still went to all the games (and actually liked those better).

Edit: I had them sold to me in full, not one off's. I purchased the same seat for all rounds (if they were to go far).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
All you get is a presale at the regular individual ticket prices and I think you only get that if you renew with a Chase card. Half season plans get half playoff rights.
This is false. It's not "all you get." You have priority if other STH drop out of buying all playoff rounds and THIS DOES HAPPEN. Again, I received full seats two years ago with a mini and switched my seats from the lower bowl to the upper bowl this season for the playoffs. Your rep won't contact you about the tickets, so you will have to call them in Feb/March to get an idea as to when they'll go on sale and say you're interested in going to all the games. Then constantly follow up when the time gets close. I would say there's a good chance you'll get to buy a lot of the games in the same seat (not relative to your regular season seat), if you stay on the ball. Don't be shy to call just to get an update.

Last edited by AHB*: 08-13-2014 at 08:37 PM.
Old
08-13-2014, 11:28 PM
Cygnus 2112

For those of you with season tickets, what kind of relationship do you have with your rep? I mean, once you get your seats for the season, you're set, no? Is there a need to call them during the season? And if so, what do you talk about? Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question.

Old
08-13-2014, 11:49 PM
Giacomin

Quote:
For those of you with season tickets, what kind of relationship do you have with your rep? I mean, once you get your seats for the season, you're set, no? Is there a need to call them during the season? And if so, what do you talk about? Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question.
I contact my rep. if I need extra tickets to certain games or to the STH events. There are always tickets allocated to the visiting team for team sponsored roadtrips etc. and many are not sold so if you have a good relationship with your rep. the odds are good that you will have access to any extras if you request them. There are other things a good rep. will do for you if you have a relationship with him.
In 2012 literally a day before the playoffs were starting against Ottawa I was on the phone with my rep. just talking about the Rangers chances in the playoffs when he got another call. It was a STH who had 4 seats on his account and had a medical emergency and asked the rep. if possible he could get a refund for the first 2 rounds and only take the last 2 rounds. I was on hold and my rep. switched over to me and asked me if I would be willing to buy the tickets since he had to tell the other STH right away and I jumped on them. It turned out that the other STH didn't want to be bothered trying to sell the tickets so if was a win-win situation for both of us. It is little things like this that pay off if you have a good relationship with your rep. I have found all the reps to be great guys who work their ass off and don't make a lot of money but are just trying to break into the business and probably put up with more B.S. than they should

Old
08-14-2014, 08:49 AM
superyan

Quote:

Quite certain. If you show your face around the arena and develop a relationship with your rep, they may offer you one (I got one last year), but your mini plan isn't even renweable.

Old
08-16-2014, 10:44 AM
Fansince1992

Here is some info I wanted to pass on as a mini plan holder for those on here that are interested in that option.

As a mini plan holder you will get a presale password for each of the first 3 rounds of the playoffs, but not the Finals, as long as you used your chase card when you purchased your mini plan. This will give you the opportunity to buy individual playoff game tickets prior to going on sale to the general public. However, there is a very, very, strong chance you can get a full strip for the playoffs. True story...I contacted MSG to get info about becoming a mini plan holder last year for the 13-14 season this was prior to the 2013 playoffs my rep called me and wanted to know if i wanted to buy a full strip for the 2013 playoffs when I wasn't even a STH yet. When I became a mini plan holder last year, which was my first year being a STH. My rep gave me the option to purchase a full strip for the playoffs again. I'm just reiterating that there is no guarantee, but I was able to get a full strip twice with just a mini plan. Hope this info is helpful.

Old
08-16-2014, 02:45 PM
AHB*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fansince1992 View Post
Here is some info I wanted to pass on as a mini plan holder for those on here that are interested in that option.

As a mini plan holder you will get a presale password for each of the first 3 rounds of the playoffs, but not the Finals, as long as you used your chase card when you purchased your mini plan. This will give you the opportunity to buy individual playoff game tickets prior to going on sale to the general public. However, there is a very, very, strong chance you can get a full strip for the playoffs. True story...I contacted MSG to get info about becoming a mini plan holder last year for the 13-14 season this was prior to the 2013 playoffs my rep called me and wanted to know if i wanted to buy a full strip for the 2013 playoffs when I wasn't even a STH yet. When I became a mini plan holder last year, which was my first year being a STH. My rep gave me the option to purchase a full strip for the playoffs again. I'm just reiterating that there is no guarantee, but I was able to get a full strip twice with just a mini plan. Hope this info is helpful.
This is exactly true.

Although keep in mind how good a run the Rangers had this season. So while I firmly believe you'll have a chance to buy a strip for the playoffs, there's a chance the dynamics could change due to the Rangers making the SCF this past year.

On another note, anyone have any idea when we can expect to see our tickets loaded into our accounts?

Old
08-16-2014, 03:38 PM
Fansince1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
This is exactly true.

Although keep in mind how good a run the Rangers had this season. So while I firmly believe you'll have a chance to buy a strip for the playoffs, there's a chance the dynamics could change due to the Rangers making the SCF this past year.

On another note, anyone have any idea when we can expect to see our tickets loaded into our accounts?
With the deep playoff run this year yes there could be a chance that mini plan holders are locked out of the strip. Hopefully this won't be the case though.

Btw not sure about when tickets will be loaded however did anyone notice if you payed online the $250 per seat deposit wasn't credited to the account?

Old
08-18-2014, 09:02 AM
AHB*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fansince1992 View Post
With the deep playoff run this year yes there could be a chance that mini plan holders are locked out of the strip. Hopefully this won't be the case though.

Btw not sure about when tickets will be loaded however did anyone notice if you payed online the $250 per seat deposit wasn't credited to the account?
Check your credit card charge(s). I didn't see the deposit show up either on the online invoice, that's why I did it the old fashioned way. I did the 3 installment plan and was charged my first installment last week.

Also, question, this is my first time doing payments in installments. Do they usually charge different amounts? My first amount multiplied by 3 does not properly equal the amount for the full season. So I'm under the assumption that it will be an increased amount each charge. Is that correct?

Old
08-18-2014, 09:37 AM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Check your credit card charge(s). I didn't see the deposit show up either on the online invoice, that's why I did it the old fashioned way. I did the 3 installment plan and was charged my first installment last week.

Also, question, this is my first time doing payments in installments. Do they usually charge different amounts? My first amount multiplied by 3 does not properly equal the amount for the full season. So I'm under the assumption that it will be an increased amount each charge. Is that correct?
are the amounts very close to each other? i know that with my 9 month payment plan for my seasons, they charge i believe 550.28 every month until the last one which is 550.75 or something like that.

Old
08-18-2014, 10:06 AM
AHB*

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
are the amounts very close to each other? i know that with my 9 month payment plan for my seasons, they charge i believe 550.28 every month until the last one which is 550.75 or something like that.
They're certainly not that close. I only have a half season this year so it's in three installments.

Old
08-18-2014, 10:09 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
They're certainly not that close. I only have a half season this year so it's in three installments.
Often times the first couple invoices are off...but after that the remaining 6 or 8 or whatever are usually within a penny or so. But that's been my experience with a full season on the 8 or 10 payment plan.

Old
08-18-2014, 11:45 AM
Cygnus 2112

There's a 8 or 9 month payment plan? I (as a half-season guy) have only ever been offered the 3 payment option....

Old
08-18-2014, 12:06 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
There's a 8 or 9 month payment plan? I (as a half-season guy) have only ever been offered the 3 payment option....
Perhaps they don't offer that for the half season subs.

Old
08-19-2014, 01:59 PM
sbjnyc

Quote:
I'm not sure if this applies for the Rangers but usually installment plans are only for the tickets. Any shipping or other charges are put on the first installment. If this isn't what you're seeing then I don't know it is.

Old
08-19-2014, 03:30 PM
AHB*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbjnyc View Post
I'm not sure if this applies for the Rangers but usually installment plans are only for the tickets. Any shipping or other charges are put on the first installment. If this isn't what you're seeing then I don't know it is.
I don't have any other charges and I always do E-Tickets so no shipping charges. The only thing I have is the tickets charge. I"ve never done installments and averaged out over three installments, the payment was somewhat less then it should have been.

Closed Thread