HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread

Closed Thread

Old
08-17-2014, 01:58 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
How many DUI's has Malone had? I wouldn't want him in Edmonton for that alone if I lived there. Part of his contract should state that he needs to be Taxi'd or ride shotgun
Yeah the last thing we need is more people on the Oilers with an affinity for cocaine. *Edit Referencing the well documented 80's team and not any other percieved rumors*

Also Penner does fit the style. We're trying to get big possession players. Like Purcell, Pouliot.

Old
08-17-2014, 04:06 PM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
Yeah the last thing we need is more people on the Oilers with an affinity for cocaine. *Edit Referencing the well documented 80's team and not any other percieved rumors*

Also Penner does fit the style. We're trying to get big possession players. Like Purcell, Pouliot.
That was then, this is now. Driving under the influence was not very uncommon back then even. There were less vehicles on the roads back then and less enforcement. Just because people were doing stupid **** 30 years ago doesn't mean that it should be acceptable now. I wonder how you would feel if we signed him and then someone that you know got killed by him drunk at the wheel? Is it worth having someone in the community killed because he might help a hockey team? I sure as hell don't think so. I would take Penner and his perceived laziness over a repeat DUI offender all day every day. Unless Malone cleans up his act he should be nowhere near this team or the community of Edmonton IMO. He is a multi multi millionaire, he could hire a full time limo driver to stop him from DUI's, there is no excuse for what he has done over and over again and comparing it to what happened 30 years ago does nothing to change that.

08-17-2014, 04:19 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
That was then, this is now. Driving under the influence was not very uncommon back then even. There were less vehicles on the roads back then and less enforcement. Just because people were doing stupid **** 30 years ago doesn't mean that it should be acceptable now. I wonder how you would feel if we signed him and then someone that you know got killed by him drunk at the wheel? Is it worth having someone in the community killed because he might help a hockey team? I sure as hell don't think so. I would take Penner and his perceived laziness over a repeat DUI offender all day every day. Unless Malone cleans up his act he should be nowhere near this team or the community of Edmonton IMO. He is a multi multi millionaire, he could hire a full time limo driver to stop him from DUI's, there is no excuse for what he has done over and over again and comparing it to what happened 30 years ago does nothing to change that.
I was agreeing with you. The last thing we need is a coke addict around a bunch of our young rich kids.

Old
08-17-2014, 04:26 PM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
I was agreeing with you. The last thing we need is a coke addict around a bunch of our young rich kids.
Addict, drunk driver, person that continually makes bad decisions, all of the above are not needed here. The guy is in his 30's but his off ice activities are that of a wild teenager. Add Cartman "I'll do what I want" gif here!

Old
08-17-2014, 08:56 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Ok I got the refresh GIF ready for any signings or trades!

Old
08-17-2014, 11:45 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
Quote:
How many DUI's has Malone had? I wouldn't want him in Edmonton for that alone if I lived there. Part of his contract should state that he needs to be Taxi'd or ride shotgun
i would be more concerned with the other "stuff" he got charged with then the DUI

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
Old
08-17-2014, 11:50 PM
Joey Moss

Malone isn't even worth discussing.. not at all a fit.

Old
08-18-2014, 02:46 AM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
i would be more concerned with the other "stuff" he got charged with then the DUI
None of it is good, I want no part of him here unless he's cleaned up and serious about turning his life around.

Old
08-18-2014, 09:00 AM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

I don't think the Oilers have the time right now for any projects.

Old
08-18-2014, 09:24 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 394
Quote:
None of it is good, I want no part of him here unless he's cleaned up and serious about turning his life around.
I don't even know that he'd come here anyway. First off I think he was a guy that rejected a trade here a couple years ago. You can say things have changed and he has little options, but is this really the right situation for him? He'd be better off just retiring. Coming to a hockey crazy market with tonnes of pressure is not a good place for him. Now if it were a team like CHI or DET who have a good leadership group then I guess it might make sense.

Old
08-18-2014, 09:45 AM
Beerfish

Malone? Yeah that would be about as smart as letting Bob Probert look after Peter Klima or Shayne Corson look after Jason Arnott.

Old
08-18-2014, 10:56 AM
gqmixmaster

just think how much better a team fulla kids and cocaine would be - we could have had ribeiro and malone all in the same season...

Old
08-18-2014, 11:24 AM
Quinteoilers

Malone has no wheels any more, he would get run over playing in the western conference. Then his off ice activities, no thanks. I would rather give a guy like Biznasty a shot to make the team

Old
08-18-2014, 11:28 AM
Hall2Nuge2Ebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinteoilers View Post
Malone has no wheels any more, he would get run over playing in the western conference. Then his off ice activities, no thanks. I would rather give a guy like Biznasty a shot to make the team
I like how you dismissed Malone based on his off ice activities and then suggest Biznasty in the next sentence

Old
08-18-2014, 11:32 AM
BowDangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob Fail View Post
I don't watch him hit 18 28 46 points in Arizona this season, I think he has determined that he is what he is.
I bet Gagner's point totals take a little bit of a dip but his defensive play increases significantly playing under Tippet.

Old
08-18-2014, 11:36 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 394
Quote:
For what? All the guy can really do is be a team ambassador on twitter. He's a middleweight enforcer that doesn't even fight anymore.

Rather just leave that spot for what we have or invite a Dvorak or Carter is we are looking for at guys that are 14th forwards.

Old
08-18-2014, 04:13 PM
nexttothemoon
The Drive for Nine

I wouldn't mind Biznasty... seems like a great character guy and he keeps his head above water on the ice unlike some mid-weight enforcers.

Saying that I'd much rather add Penner or Setoguchi who are much more useful higher up the lineup.

I doubt we see any addition to the roster by MacT though before camp... he has his 23 man group pencilled in and the only "surprise" at training camp will likely be if Nurse plays so well that they simply can't send him down.

I think Klefbom likely starts in the AHL and will be the 1st injury call up on the backend.

The forward group of players are probably pretty set in stone at this point. I could see Yakimov possibly coming up later in the season after he gets his feet wet in the AHL... but I think a full season there is the prudent path for him.

With Gazdic likely on IR for the start of the year... I wonder if the Oilers will simply roll with 13 F 7 D and 2 G for a 22 man roster... or will they add an extra body to bring it up to 23?

My guess is they give Nurse his 9 game look and by that time they'll either keep him up because he looks solid... or send him back to junior and Gazdic probably comes off the IR around then.

Old
08-18-2014, 04:15 PM
rboomercat90

Quote:
I'd rather have Malone than Biznasty and I don't want anything to do with Malone. If the guy wasn't on Twitter nobody in the hockey world would have ever heard of him.

Old
08-18-2014, 04:17 PM
backhandsauce

If Gazdic is on the IR to start the year we should grab Tootoo and sign him to a 2 way deal if he would accept.

Old
08-18-2014, 04:20 PM
DeathbyCheerios

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsauce View Post
If Gazdic is on the IR to start the year we should grab Tootoo and sign him to a 2 way deal if he would accept.
Just play with Moroz or Chase both are probably as capable hockey wise as Gazdic and both are heart and soul, bleed for the team type guys.

Old
08-18-2014, 04:56 PM
nexttothemoon
The Drive for Nine

I can't see the Oilers pushing Moroz or Chase into the lineup that early.

They'll bring up other vet options from OKC if they need an injury fix for a few games... Pinizzotto/Acton/RHamilton types.

Old
08-18-2014, 05:10 PM
N5991989
Oilers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsauce View Post
Ugh no Gazdic being on IR is a good thing.

Old
08-18-2014, 05:26 PM
oilz89

Quote:
Originally Posted by N5991989 View Post
Ugh no Gazdic being on IR is a good thing.
Whatever faults he may have.. hes a damn good fighter. Kicked Mcgrattans ass and can fight lucic

Old
08-18-2014, 05:31 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilz89 View Post
Whatever faults he may have.. hes a damn good fighter. Kicked Mcgrattans ass and can fight lucic
annnnnnnd.... was the worst player on the ice.

Old
08-18-2014, 05:36 PM
oilz89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Lok View Post
annnnnnnd.... was the worst player on the ice.
So your saying you wouldn't be complaining if we didn't have a guy that can fight like him?

Closed Thread