HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

PO GDT Sharks vs Predators Game #2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-13-2007, 08:53 AM
  #1
RollingPredFan
Registered User
 
RollingPredFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 632
vCash: 500
PO GDT Sharks vs Predators Game #2

GAME 2 - WESTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS


San Jose Sharks VS Nashville Predators


Where: Nashville Arena


When: 7 pm CST

TV: Fox Sports Net, TSN
Radio: 104.5 FM

In Net
SJ - Evgeni Nabakov
Nas - Tomas Vokoun

Sharks Injuries: RW Jonathan Cheechoo (knee) - Doubtful

Predator Injuries - LW Steve Sullivan (back) - Out


Sharks lead the series 1-0

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 08:57 AM
  #2
RollingPredFan
Registered User
 
RollingPredFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 632
vCash: 500
Well someone had to make one LOL, I know it looks like crap compared to Thresher's and Irisheyes

Anyways I refuse to say this is a big game. But we all know we can't go down 2-0 heading into San Jose...

GO PREDS!!

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 09:10 AM
  #3
Jarnberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,483
vCash: 500
Must win for the Preds. We cannot go into the Shark tank down 2.

The Preds must:

1 - Stay out of the box
2 - Get momentum early
3 - Have big game players step up

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 09:30 AM
  #4
Jarnberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,483
vCash: 500
We also need to stop the Sharks' cycle early on. We are allowing the Sharks to keep the puck in our zone for way too long. We need to do a better job without being penalized. Obviously this is where the size difference comes into play, but we can do a better job then we did last game.

We know Radulov and Forsberg will be watched closely, we need another line to step up tonight.

We also need to stay clear of the fireworks. Harnell will probably have a target on his back (or Kariya, Forsberg..), so we need to not take any stupid penalties and take advantage of any PP opportunities we get if the Sharks respond poorly.

Again, we need to get momentum early and take it too them. Use home ice to our advantage. And when we finally do get momentum, don't take stupid penalties to kill it.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 09:40 AM
  #5
likewall32
**putt meem hear**
 
likewall32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,765
vCash: 500
Good luck to you guys tonight, however, I must say that I think we need it more than you do. While OT losses can be demoralizing, there has to be a reason why you guys got 110 points in the regular season, it'd be a shame if the Sharks come out expecting the Predators to roll over, because I'm expecting something far from it.

As exciting and physical as Game 1 was, Game 2 should be much more of a doozy. Coming into Game 1, the Predators had a reason to be angry with the Sharks, for taking them out last year. Coming into tonight, now the Sharks have a reason to hate back, as they feel Hartnell took Cheechoo out with a dirty hit. Should be a slobberknocker.

While I would love to see a 2-0 lead coming home, I must say, I'm 100% not expecting it. If anything, a win in Game 1 will allow me to be able to walk out of the arena tonight with my head held a bit high, cause my team did all they needed to do, swing the home ice towards them.

Once again, if you run into me in the building, if you would like to not kick my *ss either during or after the game, it would greatly be appreciated.

likewall32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 09:58 AM
  #6
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by likewall32 View Post
Once again, if you run into me in the building, if you would like to not kick my *ss either during or after the game, it would greatly be appreciated.
I can't speak for everyone at the arena obviously but granted you're not acting like an ass (or wearing a Wings jersey) you'll be treated well, southern hospitality and all.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 10:01 AM
  #7
Rmac22
Registered User
 
Rmac22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Etobicoke, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 494
vCash: 500
Vokoun

Leafs fan here.

Just wondering if the Preds happen to lose tonight, who gets the start in Game 3? I know Mason has been good this year as well...but will they stick with Vokoun regardless?

Rmac22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 10:07 AM
  #8
DocMcKay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Nashville
Posts: 217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmac22 View Post
Just wondering if the Preds happen to lose tonight, who gets the start in Game 3? I know Mason has been good this year as well...but will they stick with Vokoun regardless?
The only way Vokoun gets pulled for game 3 is if he gets blown out and shaken up tonight. As long as he plays well, he'll stay in there.

DocMcKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 10:22 AM
  #9
azsharkfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
I can't speak for everyone at the arena obviously but granted you're not acting like an ass (or wearing a Wings jersey) you'll be treated well, southern hospitality and all.
What is southern hospitality?

I am serious...I have always heard the expression, but I have no idea what it really means.

azsharkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 10:43 AM
  #10
AxeMan816
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Newnan, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azsharkfan View Post
What is southern hospitality?

I am serious...I have always heard the expression, but I have no idea what it really means.
It means southerns are very polite laid back types of folks. They never treat anyone badly because of where your from or what team you support. Ive lived in Atlanta for around 5 years, but Im a die-hard, bleed blue and gold Sabres fan. I drink beer with lots of Thrashers fans. Even converted a few of them to Canadian beer.

OK - Im trying to get my bets down for tonight. Im thinking the Preds arent going to let the Sharks take two in their barn. Bad hit or not, Cheech is out. Realistically, I think the Preds win tonight. Im rooting for y'all. Go JP Dumont

AxeMan816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 10:44 AM
  #11
likewall32
**putt meem hear**
 
likewall32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
I can't speak for everyone at the arena obviously but granted you're not acting like an ass (or wearing a Wings jersey) you'll be treated well, southern hospitality and all.
No, I was actually treated very nicely on Wednesday. The full extent of my celebrating was standing up and clapping after a goal, with a brief scream of excitement as I stood. I only had a couple mistreatments. One guy, who for all I know, was going to say something positive towards me, but said "Sir, Sir, SIR, SIR, HEY IRBE!". Like I said, he might have been about to say something nice, but I just kept on walking cause I didn't really wish to find out what he was gonna say, since he was screamin at me from 10 feet away. The second incident was after the game, when I was standing outside, talking to other Sharks fans, and a dude in a Preds jersey with "Loco" (go figure) on it, decides to nail me in the back with his shoulder as he walked past, not bothering to say anything.

I know that stuff isn't bad, but I really don't care to experience anything worse. I had several fans come up to me and shake my hand, complementing me on a great team and a great game, and that's how I like to think of you fine fans here in this fine city.

likewall32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 01:20 PM
  #12
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Basher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Phx
Country: United States
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
There'll always be some bad apples in the group...usually evidenced by the fact they have something like "Loco" on their jersey. Northern implants...

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 02:00 PM
  #13
predperson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azsharkfan View Post
What is southern hospitality?

I am serious...I have always heard the expression, but I have no idea what it really means.
It's almost not definable....you have to experience it.
Here are some real-life examples:
I pass you on the street in your Sharks jersey and you are standing there on Broadway looking around lost....I overhear you say to your fellow sharks fan "I'm not sure where we should have dinner"....I stop and say "are you guys looking for somewhere to eat? If so, I have a few suggestions" and start naming my favorite restaurants in the area.
Also people here will smile and speak to you when they don't know you.

That's just a little example of southern hospitality.

Now once we actually meet you, you are likely to get an invitation to our homes. Southern ladies like to cook for their guests.

predperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 02:12 PM
  #14
Jarnberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,483
vCash: 500
I hate the term southern hospitality. In fact, I think its a myth, seriously. I've found people in the north to be much more friendlier than people in the south. Much more friendlier actually.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 02:13 PM
  #15
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Basher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Phx
Country: United States
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
It's basically just a lot less impersonal than a lot of places "up north."

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 02:56 PM
  #16
druncan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: the city
Country: Scotland
Posts: 1,191
vCash: 500
good luck to the preds tonight. here's hoping for a good clean game, with bruised egos and pride as the only injuries.

druncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 03:17 PM
  #17
Thresher
Registered User
 
Thresher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: HECK
Country: United States
Posts: 9,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
I hate the term southern hospitality. In fact, I think its a myth, seriously. I've found people in the north to be much more friendlier than people in the south. Much more friendlier actually.
I don't believe it's a myth. My mom's side of the family is from Georgia and I've been back that way a few times for reunions and such. I was taken aback by folks that would wave or say hi just in passing. And on a side note, I looove southern cooking. Crawdads and okra.


Here's to an exciting game II. Hope those of you heading to the Arena have a good time.

Thresher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 03:32 PM
  #18
predperson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
I hate the term southern hospitality. In fact, I think its a myth, seriously. I've found people in the north to be much more friendlier than people in the south. Much more friendlier actually.
that's weird....you sure don't hear that often (you are the second person in my entire life that I've heard say that and the other person was nutty as a fruit-cake )....bless her heart.

predperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 04:18 PM
  #19
WineShark
HFBoards Sponsor
 
WineShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Napa Valley, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,989
vCash: 500
Comon' PREDS! ..... I love the South as well as the next guy ..... and the women too are pretty nice in some parts. As a matter of fact once when I was in Severville Tenn there were these unbelievable girls wearing tank-tops and shorts and I went to talk to them and I couldn't believe it but ........ wait ........ I digress .... its catchin'..........

COMON' PREDS ............ HOW CAN YOU DIGRESS! GAME IS ALMOST ON! ITS A GDT FOR GOODNESS SAKE!

WineShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 04:21 PM
  #20
Gnashville
Never trade Weber
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 4,471
vCash: 500
Most people are on their way to the game or at work.

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 04:25 PM
  #21
Hazeltherabbit
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineShark View Post
Comon' PREDS! ..... I love the South as well as the next guy ..... and the women too are pretty nice in some parts. As a matter of fact once when I was in Severville Tenn there were these unbelievable girls wearing tank-tops and shorts and I went to talk to them and I couldn't believe it but ........ wait ........ I digress .... its catchin'..........

COMON' PREDS ............ HOW CAN YOU DIGRESS! GAME IS ALMOST ON! ITS A GDT FOR GOODNESS SAKE!
Ha! He is right! More hockey less demographics.

Hazeltherabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 04:54 PM
  #22
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineShark View Post
Comon' PREDS! ..... I love the South as well as the next guy ..... and the women too are pretty nice in some parts. As a matter of fact once when I was in Severville Tenn there were these unbelievable girls wearing tank-tops and shorts and I went to talk to them and I couldn't believe it but ........ wait ........ I digress .... its catchin'..........

COMON' PREDS ............ HOW CAN YOU DIGRESS! GAME IS ALMOST ON! ITS A GDT FOR GOODNESS SAKE!
Sevierville is kind of...I don't know. It promotes the negative stereotypes associated with the south.

Nashville is a world of difference

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 05:10 PM
  #23
Nordic*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tellus
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 12,611
vCash: 500
Ok, Iīll toss the result in here..

I think itīs yet another OT-loss despite dominating even more tonight. Donīt ask me why, just a feeling.

3-3, SJ getting the fourth early in OT.

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 05:11 PM
  #24
Gnashville
Never trade Weber
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 4,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
Sevierville is kind of...I don't know. It promotes the negative stereotypes associated with the south.
You forgot "and makes a ton of money by doing it"

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 05:22 PM
  #25
Jarnberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,483
vCash: 500
I'd much rather talk about how rude southerners really are then analyze the Hartnell-Cheechoo freeze frame.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. Đ2014 All Rights Reserved.