HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dear Panthers: Please change our goal song

Old
08-22-2014, 09:22 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flomarilius View Post
Uhm.... Didn't we use the BMS song as an intro video like 2 years ago? We've used rock before, we have to deal with that really ******** cat scratch fever.
Takes a "********" opinion to insult Pantera! What was censored, i have no idea, but they're rubber and you're glue!

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2014, 12:17 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post
Bro hymn? Just heard on radio.
I know a couple of other teams use it, but I would be completely fine with it

I saw Pennywise last week opening for The Offspring. Hearing the crowd chant that song was incredible.

Btw, what station did you hear them on? We don't have rock stations down here that aren't classic. Or do I not know this???

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2014, 12:32 PM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

vCash: 50
Since most of the team is composed of kids:

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2014, 12:33 PM
spacemanatee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
These discussions never go anywhere. It always seems to be basically, (1) "let me name the type of music/band that I like". No one from what I have seen actually would come close to (2) what an actual NHL team would choose as it's goal song. Once everyone realizes it's NOT "the type of music/band that I like" that matters then the discussion can be productive. (3) There's a reason why Pitbull was chosen and it's got nothing to do with what people in the org liked.
1. or, "let me name the typ of music/band that i like and think would work"

2. ok, so there's aprox 25-30 song to choose from that "an actual NHL team would choose as it's goal song"
meaning; a team must have used it before otherwise there's no chance you can tell what "an actual NHL team would choose as it's goal song" and that would be your only preference.

3. whats that reason? there's a reason that this thread exist also, and that's cuz most are not pleased with that song and apperantly it doesn't work so..

just come clean, its ok. you love pitbull right?

spacemanatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2014, 02:21 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemanatee View Post
1. or, "let me name the typ of music/band that i like and think would work"

2. ok, so there's aprox 25-30 song to choose from that "an actual NHL team would choose as it's goal song"
meaning; a team must have used it before otherwise there's no chance you can tell what "an actual NHL team would choose as it's goal song" and that would be your only preference.

3. whats that reason? there's a reason that this thread exist also, and that's cuz most are not pleased with that song and apperantly it doesn't work so..

just come clean, its ok. you love pitbull right?
1. Just because someone here "thinks" it would work, doesnt make it anything more than "let me name the type of music/band that I like". If people were naming songs they didn't like that they thought could work, then we're getting somewhere.

2. I'm not saying anything that you just tried to infer from my comment. Just saying that the ones that people had been naming wouldn't be considered by any of the NHL teams (well as of that original posting).

3. You can't figure out the obvious reasons why they picked Pitbull? I really need to spell that out? Ok, how about he's a local musician from Miami (not to mention Cuban) who's a multi-time award winning artist with several songs that have been on the Billboard charts. They picked an artist that would appeal to the large majority of casual sports fans in the south FL area, not really hockey fans. I'm not saying that they were right for doing so but I'm just saying that it was obviously a very strategic choice.

I think ursavolta could have something with The Black Keys song. Its probably as close to what Chelsea's Dagger is and could be tweaked to make it work as a goal song.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2014, 02:54 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
I know a couple of other teams use it, but I would be completely fine with it

I saw Pennywise last week opening for The Offspring. Hearing the crowd chant that song was incredible.

Btw, what station did you hear them on? We don't have rock stations down here that aren't classic. Or do I not know this???
XM channel 41 is great when Ellis isn't on...

One Offspring song, forgot the name, could be cool as the warm up:"You'll never break us, never bring u down..."

Oh man XM just did a bunch a GWAR from the memorialBQ and i missed it ((

Old
08-22-2014, 03:02 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
that thing about finnish music taste was not anything serious and i hope i didn't offend anyone by writing that. it was a huuuuge "" there.
i acually like their music. l'as & mikael are great deep dubstep producers and deep space helsinki is one of my favourite radio shows. bassoradio overall is top notch.
it was just those two songs that i didn't find very good.

haha you can't say that it wouldn't be sweet to have jet pack kush as our goal song, c'mon, that'd be awesome and you know it. ---> <---
also, when i wrote metro zu or raider klan i wasn't all serious either.

black sabbth - black sabbath; even tho it's a slow song you can't argue the epicness. it was just something that came to mind at that moment.
furthermore i should have just written desert rock. of course sleep, electric wizard, bongzilla or whatever wouldn't work but since the black keys is borderline-borderline desert and they have that one song that gets the crowd going then there should be plenty of other band like that that could work. just a sweet riff that everyone can sing/hum/whatever along to but also have that "manly" overtone that is associated with hockey/sports. perhaps the obvious kyuss or fu manchu have such a tune in store?
example (even tho it's not desert/stoner); seven nation army was probably not intended to become a sports tune, right?
it becomes what you make it.
for another (not very serious) example; if florida played jet pack kush enough times it would eventually become a "hockey song".

yeah you're right i'm sorry its just that i prefer hawkwind-lemmy over mötorhead-lemmy.
All great stuff listed, and as much as I enjoy Mr. Pike's works, dont think dragonaut would go over too well at the BBT

Old
08-22-2014, 03:44 PM
spacemanatee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
1. Just because someone here "thinks" it would work, doesnt make it anything more than "let me name the type of music/band that I like". If people were naming songs they didn't like that they thought could work, then we're getting somewhere.

2. I'm not saying anything that you just tried to infer from my comment. Just saying that the ones that people had been naming wouldn't be considered by any of the NHL teams (well as of that original posting).

3. You can't figure out the obvious reasons why they picked Pitbull? I really need to spell that out? Ok, how about he's a local musician from Miami (not to mention Cuban) who's a multi-time award winning artist with several songs that have been on the Billboard charts. They picked an artist that would appeal to the large majority of casual sports fans in the south FL area, not really hockey fans. I'm not saying that they were right for doing so but I'm just saying that it was obviously a very strategic choice.

I think ursavolta could have something with The Black Keys song. Its probably as close to what Chelsea's Dagger is and could be tweaked to make it work as a goal song.
1. what why? why can't a song be good and work?
2 unlimited - no limit was one of my favourites when i was a child and i tend to listen to some 90s euro dance here and there (mostly while drinking) and buying some 12" just for fun and i love them. so, if i'd proposed that track, it wouldn't work? jeesh..

2. how do you know this? someone, somewhere was once the first to say "hey let's try this new song" and it worked. what's wrong with a little innovation?

3. haha yes you had to spell it out for me. man, idk nothing bout pitbull i'm sorry. didn't know he was cuban and i didn't know he was from florida. now i know, thanks!

Old
08-22-2014, 05:09 PM
FlaPanthers11

Quote:
Originally Posted by flomarilius View Post
Uhm.... Didn't we use the BMS song as an intro video like 2 years ago? We've used rock before, we have to deal with that really ******** cat scratch fever.
2 years ago we used "Intro" by The XX.

FlaPanthers11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2014, 05:16 PM
ucanthanzalthetruth
Kiddin' Around

vCash: 61
Our goal song in 2011-2012 for a good part of the year was Na Na Na by My Chemical Romance, which I didn't like, but the fact that we had to change it because we weren't paying them the minimal rights fee is so Panthers .

ucanthanzalthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2014, 05:19 PM
spacemanatee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucanthanzalthetruth View Post
Our goal song in 2011-2012 for a good part of the year was Na Na Na by My Chemical Romance, which I didn't like, but the fact that we had to change it because we weren't paying them the minimal rights fee is so Panthers .
haha brilliant

Old
08-22-2014, 08:25 PM
EnforceTheLaus
Dave Tallon

My vote.

EnforceTheLaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2014, 10:34 PM
ucanthanzalthetruth
Kiddin' Around

vCash: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnforceTheLaus View Post

My vote.

ucanthanzalthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2014, 11:08 PM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120

I'm with Ron.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2014, 11:55 PM
flapanthersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucanthanzalthetruth View Post
I like MCR, but that was a terrible goal song.

Some teams use this (Dallas, Toronto, maybe one or two more) but I'd be fine this one. ANYTHING BUT PITBULL!

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2014, 12:03 AM
LUUUUUIS
¿Qué bolá, Tallón?

Quote:

Unfortunately, the handful of serious hockey fans on this message board does not represent "most" in attendance at Panthers' games.

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2014, 10:15 AM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post
XM channel 41 is great when Ellis isn't on...

One Offspring song, forgot the name, could be cool as the warm up:"You'll never break us, never bring u down..."

Oh man XM just did a bunch a GWAR from the memorialBQ and i missed it ((
I got all excited thinking they put a new rock station back in South Florida, but it was satellite. Oh well. Yeah, my wife has Sirius/XM in her car, so when I drive it, channel 41 is usually on. They play a good mix of punk/ska.

That Offspring song you're referencing is "Defy You." I'd be completely good if that was our goal song as well.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2014, 02:26 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
I got all excited thinking they put a new rock station back in South Florida, but it was satellite. Oh well. Yeah, my wife has Sirius/XM in her car, so when I drive it, channel 41 is usually on. They play a good mix of punk/ska.

That Offspring song you're referencing is "Defy You." I'd be completely good if that was our goal song as well.
That's it! Love that band, such a fitting song for our team, dunno about goal song tho(the chorus obviously) . No Coolburn, not just cuz I like the band.

Old
09-09-2014, 09:04 AM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

They must've read this thread I just got this email.

http://panthers.nhl.com/club/m_page.htm?id=100056

PBPantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2014, 10:09 AM
EnforceTheLaus
Dave Tallon

#BringTheDALÉ.

We should all volte our favorite Pitbull song.

EnforceTheLaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2014, 10:30 AM
spacemanatee

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnforceTheLaus View Post
#BringTheDALÉ.

We should all volte our favorite Pitbull song.
"favorite" is a very strong word

Old
09-09-2014, 10:30 AM
spacemanatee

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
They must've read this thread I just got this email.

http://panthers.nhl.com/club/m_page.htm?id=100056
waaay!

Old
09-09-2014, 11:06 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Here were my 3 that I submitted:

Pompeii by Bastille

Primarily for the intro and chorus.

Best Day of My Life by American Authors

Has a feel to me like Chelsea's Dagger too, plus perfect lyric for when you score a goal.

Gold On the Ceiling by The Black Keys

This was ursavolta's earlier recommendation and think its probably the best choice I've seen.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2014, 11:19 AM
coopdaloop123

Kasabian's "Fire" from 1:14-1:47, done deal

http://youtu.be/agVpq_XXRmU?t=1m14s

coopdaloop123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2014, 11:24 AM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here