HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

PO GDT Sharks vs Predators Game #2

Old
04-13-2007, 09:09 PM
SmokeyClause

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5major View Post
Anyone else get a sick feeling that the NHL will make it up to the Sharks on Radulov's hit after they did nothing after the Hartnell hit...You know the Sharks are going to be steaming after the game about that hit...I just think Radu might get unlucky on this one..He did hit Bernier when he was in a compromising position....Anyway you look at it, both Hartnells and Radulovs hits were borderline...
I'm worried too. Not a smart hit but from the one angle I saw, he didn't put his whole body into it and certainly didn't intend for the outcome to occur. A shame Bernier was injured. Hopefully he's ok. Just don't quite understand how Radulov was able to chuck such a big kid around like that. Must of caught him while he was off kilter a bit.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 09:11 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
Quote:
Anyone else get a sick feeling that the NHL will make it up to the Sharks on Radulov's hit after they did nothing after the Hartnell hit...You know the Sharks are going to be steaming after the game about that hit...I just think Radu might get unlucky on this one..He did hit Bernier when he was in a compromising position....Anyway you look at it, both Hartnells and Radulovs hits were borderline...
Hartnell's was boarderline legal. It didn't even come close to deserving a major.

hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 09:21 PM
5major

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
Hartnell's was boarderline legal. It didn't even come close to deserving a major.
Close to legal? Come on. Be realistic, he stuck his knee out....But thats not what I am arguing. Two players have been hit and the penalties were majors with attached game misconducts. At some point the league will step in...

5major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 09:24 PM
predhead1

Quote:
Close to legal? Come on. Be realistic, he stuck his knee out....But thats not what I am arguing. Two players have been hit and the penalties were majors with attached game misconducts. At some point the league will step in...
Obviously you haven't seen the video and you're not being realistic, but never mind. You're talking about two hits where if the players don't go down, there might not have been penalties called at all.

predhead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 09:25 PM
runkle

4-2 now

please Predators do not let up, there is too much time left and they are too good!!!

runkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 09:41 PM
predhead1

Looks like we might be seeing Hordy in game 3

predhead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 09:43 PM
Ti-girl

Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
That made my night.

Though so did this quote "Wow, Clowe is a big Humanoid"

04-13-2007, 09:43 PM
TheKingPin

you guys happy you got Forsberg now? Im hoping that its you and ottawa in the finals.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 09:44 PM
Paincakes

Shark, its whats for dinner.

Paincakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 09:44 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

I have to say that's been a great series so far. A lot of good plays and gritty hard-nose action. I didn't know the Preds were that rough.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 09:47 PM
SP

What an awesome game that was. I would skip watching my Sens play to see another game in this series.

And did you hear that crowd? Freaking electric ever since the bad blood started. Great to see the fans freaking out in Nashville. Looks good on you.

SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 09:48 PM
Crazyhorse

Forsberg with two goals in the same game. When was the last time that happend. Gratz to the win, nice to see Forsberg getting some points.

Crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 09:50 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
Forsberg with two goals in the same game. When was the last time that happend. Gratz to the win, nice to see Forsberg getting some points.
Yah but 35 people are dissapointed

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 09:53 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Wow, we got murdered in faceoffs, it's amazing we fared so well.

My two wishes:

1. No suspension for Rads
2. Sullivan comes back for game 3.

I'll take either...or both

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 09:54 PM
JussiM

Yay, that was a good one! Third game can't come soon enough...

JussiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 09:55 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Where were all you retards in the global GDT on the playoff board?

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 09:55 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
Wow, we got murdered in faceoffs, it's amazing we fared so well.
Arnott was ****ing brutal.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 10:02 PM
runkle

Nice win tonight!

The Predators need to learn not to let up though. Too much time in the 3rd was spent in the SJ zone IMO. They need to raise the intensity level or at least try and maintain it better over the full 60 minutes because it is going to hurt them - tonight it didn't - but if they expect to get through this round (and hopefully a 3 more after this) they are going to have to do better than that with the lead - 3 goals, 2 goals or whatever it might be.

Forsberg will be invaluable in that regard - he doesn't let up and can help stabilize things or change momentum to go the other way with one shift so it's gotta be nice having him if you are Nashville - hopefully the guys will learn quick.

runkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 10:04 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

One negative note...

Vern freaking Fiddler was better than Paul Kariya tonight. That's just not right.

Legwand was great on the PK, but the ELK line is ICE COLD right now.

Old
04-13-2007, 10:16 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
One negative note...

Vern freaking Fiddler was better than Paul Kariya tonight. That's just not right.

Legwand was great on the PK, but the ELK line is ICE COLD right now.
I agree that line needs to get going or this series is gonna be over faster then you can say cat in the hat. I wonder what that foppa poll would look like now...i'd be surprised if 35 people are still dissapointed.

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 10:18 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Please don't let them suspend Rads. Not like he has a thuggish history or something. Why is it if the Sharks are so 'big and tough' they seem to go down like they've been shot so easily?

And how did Tootoo stay up on his feet so much with a mismatch like that?

Don't get how two men jumping Hartnell results in 3 misconducts on Nashville and only two on SJ...

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 10:39 PM
WineShark
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Its going to be hard for the League to let it go. Back-to-back games where a game misconduct is called and a skill player for the opposing team is taken off. The League almost has to even it up or let the series get out of hand. I predict 1 game suspension.

That said, I've seen tons of hits worse than that one where the player walked away and there would probably be no suspension. But the check was in the numbers and it wasn't like Bernier turned late. He was pinned against the glass for several seconds before Radulov hit him. It was a bone headed play on his part that could have cost his team a game and it may still cost his team a player too. We'll see what the League does but they do consider the severity of the opposing players injury so we'll have to see about Bernier.

WineShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 10:50 PM
WineShark
HFBoards Sponsor

Let me tip my hat to the victors tonight. The Preds took it to the Sharks. NAS was more physical, they were driving to the net, and probably most noteworthy, the PK was unbelievable against a very good PP. NAS buried their opportunities and the Sharks looked lost. The win was deserved and the team worked hard for it. Since the early part of the second period in game one, the Predators have played more of the game in the Sharks zone.

See you all in SJ.

WineShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 10:55 PM
DocMcKay

Quote:
Originally Posted by gds_wizard View Post
Please don't let them suspend Rads. Not like he has a thuggish history or something. Why is it if the Sharks are so 'big and tough' they seem to go down like they've been shot so easily?
Guys I was sitting right in front of the glass where Rads made the hit. I hate to say it, but it looked dirty as hell. Rads never made an attempt to play the puck. It looked like a retaliatory hit from the moment he skated over.

Not only that but the hit from my angle (directly in front of the play) was shoulder to face. Then Bernier's face went right into the glass. His face immediately contorted into pain. It was pretty bad.

The 5 minute penalty was well deserved. I hope Rads doesn't get suspended. He's played incredible so far. But that hit was bad.... guys it was dirty.

Honestly I blame the officials. They have had no control over the games so far. They've made horrible calls and horrible no calls.

DocMcKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 11:02 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

PS: RollingPredFan is the hot hand...and is in charge of GDT until further notice