HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In The System Part IV (Preds Prospect, Minor League Talk)

Old
08-25-2014, 04:13 PM
AintLifeGrand

vCash: 500
Fiala PPG in Champions league so far

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2014, 10:14 AM
van22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
Rookie Camp Roster Announced. Only 5 Defensemen.

http://www.thepredatorial.com/wp-con...amp-Roster.pdf
Updated list with 24 players.
http://predators.nhl.com/v2/ext/2014...ter-update.pdf

On a side note: just noticed that Fiala's new head coach at HV71 Andreas Johansson played for the Predators back in 2002-2004.

van22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2014, 11:10 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by van22 View Post

On a side note: just noticed that Fiala's new head coach at HV71 Andreas Johansson played for the Predators back in 2002-2004.
That roster looks alot better than the other one.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2014, 08:14 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
AHL schedule released today. 18 of the Admirals' first 20 games are against Charlotte, Rockford, Iowa and Chicago. Just awful.

AdmiralsFan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2014, 12:32 AM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
AHL schedule released today. 18 of the Admirals' first 20 games are against Charlotte, Rockford, Iowa and Chicago. Just awful.
Do you think that will lead to some brawls?

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2014, 08:18 AM
MoserHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by van22 View Post

Possible line compinations? :
Ardvidson-Sissons-Forsberg
Fiala-Salomäki-Aberg
Kirkland-Leipsic-Budish
Pendenza-Girad-Veilleux
Gaudreau

Diaby-Alm
Noonan-Rissling
Irving-Vainonen
Oligny

MoserHockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2014, 09:19 AM
RCola88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
That roster looks alot better than the other one.
Glad to see Kirkland on there, he's got a lot of potential!

RCola88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2014, 12:17 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

vCash: 880
Jets fan here, what's the scoop on chase balisy? Did the press simply not sign him?

allan5oh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2014, 01:25 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
Jets fan here, what's the scoop on chase balisy? Did the press simply not sign him?
They did not. Never really developed the way they hoped. Longshot to make the NHL, and if he does it will be as a bottom 6 forward. Enough of that in their prospect pool.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2014, 03:49 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoserHockey View Post
Possible line compinations? :
Ardvidson-Sissons-Forsberg
Fiala-Salomäki-Aberg
Kirkland-Leipsic-Budish
Pendenza-Girad-Veilleux
Gaudreau

Diaby-Alm
Noonan-Rissling
Irving-Vainonen
Oligny
These will be the guys in Milwaukee, right? I want to see Diaby for a whole season!

Pendenza (C) plays smaller than 5'11", 190 lbs. If he can't break out of that, he won't be staying in the AHL for long. Tousi is listed at the same size and weight. He looks and plays bigger. I would be surprised if no D-men are returning to Milwaukee. I hope to see Joe Piskula.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2014, 09:13 AM
Keke

Juuse Saros Was chosen as the best Player in the Finnish Elite League by a Very popular ice hockey magazine "Jääkiekkolehti" ( it translates straight from Icehockeymagazine).

And they wrote this about him: "Smart, successful player with a good head on his shoulders. The super prospect from HPK is the most important player for his team in the whole league. He is making a very fast rise to become an elite goaltender. He was able to become a clear #1 goaltender in the 21st century in the Finnish Elite League since Kari Lehtonen. Averaged less than 2 goals per game and the save percentage over 92 are only numbers but these stats show why he was able to win WJC championship to team Finland and was a part of Finlands silver medal team in Minsk in the WHC.

Other notable Top 10 players: Lasse Kukkonen (#2) a long time Finnish NT player with NHL background, Olli Palola (#4) scored 4 goals in the WHC, has one of the best shots in the Europe and NHL clubs were interested in him during the summer.

Keke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2014, 10:08 AM
RCola88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keke View Post
Juuse Saros Was chosen as the best Player in the Finnish Elite League by a Very popular ice hockey magazine "Jääkiekkolehti" ( it translates straight from Icehockeymagazine).

And they wrote this about him: "Smart, successful player with a good head on his shoulders. The super prospect from HPK is the most important player for his team in the whole league. He is making a very fast rise to become an elite goaltender. He was able to become a clear #1 goaltender in the 21st century in the Finnish Elite League since Kari Lehtonen. Averaged less than 2 goals per game and the save percentage over 92 are only numbers but these stats show why he was able to win WJC championship to team Finland and was a part of Finlands silver medal team in Minsk in the WHC.

Other notable Top 10 players: Lasse Kukkonen (#2) a long time Finnish NT player with NHL background, Olli Palola (#4) scored 4 goals in the WHC, has one of the best shots in the Europe and NHL clubs were interested in him during the summer.

Wow that is awesome to hear, thank you for sharing! We definitely have high hopes for him. I think Nashville is the best situation for Saros, since we have another Fininsh goalie in Pekka, who happens to be in his prime and a superstar.

Cant wait for him to make his way over to North America

Old
09-06-2014, 04:12 AM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 233
FYI, if you're interested, you can use Laola1 to watch Kamenev's KHL games for free on a legit webcast. For example, here's Metallurg Magnitogorsk's game from Wednesday. It's available worldwide except BLR, CRO, FIN, KAZ, LAT, RUS, SVK.

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2014, 10:56 AM
JJTT

Looks like Kärpät is going to use Mäenalanen as grinder this year. He played in the 4th line in the past few games. Looked pretty effective in that role, he even got some PK time.

His skating looked better than it did few weeks ago, must've had little injury or something then.

Not sure if this is the best thing for his development but at least he gets to play.

JJTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2014, 08:51 PM
KRM

Görtz have been very impressive so far in the pre-season and during the Champions Hockey League where he has four goals and three assists in four games.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2014, 04:12 AM
glassbangers
#FireEakins

vCash: 78
Season started yesterday for KalPa and Joonas Lyytinen, he had a good game as he scored one, very beautiful goal and was +1 in a 5-2 win.

Don't know if the video is only viewable in Finland but in case you guys are able to see it, Lyytinen's goal is the second one.

http://liiga.fi/ottelut/2014-2015/ru...6135/seuranta/

glassbangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2014, 12:10 PM
RCola88

Any potential streams for the game today?

Old
09-13-2014, 08:27 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

NSH knocks off TB in their first game. Fiala scored shortly after a crazy end-to-end rush, then Forsberg scored the winner in OT. 2-1 is the final.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2014, 09:22 PM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

Ahhhhhhhh Hockey.

jwhouk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2014, 09:54 PM
glenngineer

Interesting game. Dominated the first period. We looked real sharp. Good passing, controlled the action. Then the wheels fell off in the second with way too many penalties. Killed off a 5 on 3 for a full 2 minutes. Gave up one shortly thereafter on a 5 on 4. Then struggled to put anything together consistently for the rest of the game.

Fiala has some jets and some amazing skill. He was flying around the ice. Made some eye opening moves but does need work on the defensive side, seems to float a little. His goal was a beautiful shot that looked like it went 5 hole.

Forsberg looked good and seemed stronger and willing to tangle a bit more physically. His game ending goal was a perfect top shelf shot.

Sissons is going to be a Mike Fisher type. Just a good solid hockey player. These 3 were paired together when we weren't short handed. Good combo.

Aberg wasn't as offensively dominant or as noticeable as I would've liked but he was extremely responsible defensively, even playing some PK minutes. Did some nice things defensively and his shootout goal was a thing of beauty. Went backhand on the goalie and floated one instead of trying to roof it. Amazing touch.

Salomaki looked good but didn't do anything to set himself from anyone else. Plays a grinder's sort of game.

Leipsic had some nice moments with his speed but didn't produce offensively either.

Arvidsson loves to shoot the puck.

Alm could make this team. He's very calm, plays sound positionally and for a Swede, plays more physical than I expected. He was paired with Noonan who looked good but didn't excel at anything to me.

Diaby is a big kid who can skate very well. Has an exceptional wingspan and loves to go for the big hit. Had a few of them. Didn't get beat wide, kept everything in front of him.

Kirkland is a big lanky kid who needs to work on his skating.

Hellberg looked solid and the kid who took over for him in the second, was small but stopped pretty much everything thrown at him.

Drouin is going to be a good player for them.

Saw Ekblad in the first game and was not terribly impressed. I don't think he would've displaced anyone from the top 4 from last year's draft. Should be good but don't know how good he'll be.

No one else stood out to me from the Preds. It was fun and the Ford center is very well done. Weber was there for a portion of the game chilling and laughing with some of the guys that didn't play. It was fun to go and see some of the kids in real competition. Really well done as usual.

Skate of the Union was interesting. Everyone seemed to be having fun up there. Normal questions. Normal answers. Nothing out of the ordinary. Ellis negotiations ongoing. Laviolette excited about starting a season as coach, said he hasn't done that since 2001. All the other times he was hired it was mid season so he gets to implement his system from the get go. I think the guys are excited to play in a more open system.

That's all I can remember for now.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2014, 10:42 AM
RCola88

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Interesting game. Dominated the first period. We looked real sharp. Good passing, controlled the action. Then the wheels fell off in the second with way too many penalties. Killed off a 5 on 3 for a full 2 minutes. Gave up one shortly thereafter on a 5 on 4. Then struggled to put anything together consistently for the rest of the game.

Fiala has some jets and some amazing skill. He was flying around the ice. Made some eye opening moves but does need work on the defensive side, seems to float a little. His goal was a beautiful shot that looked like it went 5 hole.

Forsberg looked good and seemed stronger and willing to tangle a bit more physically. His game ending goal was a perfect top shelf shot.

Sissons is going to be a Mike Fisher type. Just a good solid hockey player. These 3 were paired together when we weren't short handed. Good combo.

Aberg wasn't as offensively dominant or as noticeable as I would've liked but he was extremely responsible defensively, even playing some PK minutes. Did some nice things defensively and his shootout goal was a thing of beauty. Went backhand on the goalie and floated one instead of trying to roof it. Amazing touch.

Salomaki looked good but didn't do anything to set himself from anyone else. Plays a grinder's sort of game.

Leipsic had some nice moments with his speed but didn't produce offensively either.

Arvidsson loves to shoot the puck.

Alm could make this team. He's very calm, plays sound positionally and for a Swede, plays more physical than I expected. He was paired with Noonan who looked good but didn't excel at anything to me.

Diaby is a big kid who can skate very well. Has an exceptional wingspan and loves to go for the big hit. Had a few of them. Didn't get beat wide, kept everything in front of him.

Kirkland is a big lanky kid who needs to work on his skating.

Hellberg looked solid and the kid who took over for him in the second, was small but stopped pretty much everything thrown at him.

Drouin is going to be a good player for them.

Saw Ekblad in the first game and was not terribly impressed. I don't think he would've displaced anyone from the top 4 from last year's draft. Should be good but don't know how good he'll be.

No one else stood out to me from the Preds. It was fun and the Ford center is very well done. Weber was there for a portion of the game chilling and laughing with some of the guys that didn't play. It was fun to go and see some of the kids in real competition. Really well done as usual.

Skate of the Union was interesting. Everyone seemed to be having fun up there. Normal questions. Normal answers. Nothing out of the ordinary. Ellis negotiations ongoing. Laviolette excited about starting a season as coach, said he hasn't done that since 2001. All the other times he was hired it was mid season so he gets to implement his system from the get go. I think the guys are excited to play in a more open system.

That's all I can remember for now.
Great summary, hopefully the Preds put highlights on their website. Really wish I could have gone to the event!

Old
09-14-2014, 10:58 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

So anyone look like they will make a case for making the team?

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2014, 11:17 AM
hockey diva

Not really. Forsberg and Sissons look the most ready IMHO. But it is a numbers game and we don't have the forward spots open on the main roster.

I agree with Glenn's assessment. Diaby is gonna be a great asset to the D in a few years. Fiala was very skilled but a bit raw. Lepsic seemed to skate fast and not do much else. Looked unhappy at the post game signing. I don't want to label kids but I am getting a Blum like vibe from him. Forsberg was terrific except for the penalties. .

My take away from the team meeting was the Craig Smith is an airhead.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2014, 06:14 PM
Kshahdoo

Btw Kamenev is 2+2 after 6 games in KHL. Not bad for 18-year old playing in the 2nd best league in the world.

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2014, 06:55 PM
tuxfile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
Btw Kamenev is 2+2 after 6 games in KHL. Not bad for 18-year old playing in the 2nd best league in the world.
That's good. I haven't been able to watch the last game yet but I must have misread a previous game's stats and I was a little worried (for no reason, I know).

tuxfile is offline   Reply With Quote