HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > All other USA Amateur, USHL, NAHL, USNTDP etc.
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Clark Cup Playoffs

Old
04-05-2007, 09:18 AM
ThrashersBoi

vCash: 500
Clark Cup Playoffs

Who do you guys think will win this years Clark Cup Playoffs? By the looks of things so far, I'm going to guess Omaha or Cedar Rapids. However, Omaha has been on a bit of a slump recently, and hasn't exactly played well on their home ice. Personally, I think it could go to anyone really, since the leagues leaders have struggled, it could drop to a middle ranked team such as Des Moines, or Indiana.

Thoughts?

ThrashersBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2007, 11:05 AM
Yeti
HFBoards Partner

Homer pick...but if Lincoln can play like they did for the month of March, they can easily win. There were on an incredible winning streak before losing both games last weekend.

Omaha has to be the favorite though. Actually, any team in the western division has a chance. There isn't one bad team in the west. In the east, you have Cedar Rapids and Waterloo....that's it. I was more impressed with Cedar Rapids than I was Waterloo.

Last edited by Yeti: 04-05-2007 at 05:12 PM.
Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2007, 01:56 PM
youngblood

I would put my money on the bucs..

they have good leadership, and are starting to come together.

youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2007, 02:03 PM
ThrashersBoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblood View Post
I would put my money on the bucs..

they have good leadership, and are starting to come together.
Yea, not bad as of late. They've won 3 of they're last 5, but they're alot like Indiana in alot of ways. Talented team, who struggles on the road and seems to have troubles stringing together wins.

Old
04-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Yeti
HFBoards Partner

Des Moines? I have my doubts. Unless they really catch fire in the playoffs, they don't have the goaltenders to survive in the playoffs. The times I've seen them come to Lincoln recently, I wasn't impressed. At the beginning of the season they were red hot...and Omaha couldn't win a game. Now the roles are reversed.

But again, ANY team from the west could win the whole thing. The west is much stronger than the east. They've been beating each other up all season, and I'd be willing to bet that the Clark Cup champ comes out of the west.

Old
04-06-2007, 10:03 AM
dell

Sioux Falls has been playing as good as anyone. Since Xmas, they went 16-3-2, then they brought in 3 Minnesota High School kids, and chemistry went to hell. Now, they are still winning although, chemistry is starting to come together. Look out for The Herd.

dell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2007, 10:10 PM
amjay13
HFBoards Sponsor

Waterloo will win the Clark Cup. The new playoff format is horrible though.

amjay13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 11:31 PM
montyminny

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjay13 View Post
Waterloo will win the Clark Cup. The new playoff format is horrible though.
True, the new format is brutal but all 12 teams at least get a chance to show if they can take it to another level. For the West, it would be a shame to see any of those 6 teams not be able to prove what they can do in a pressure packed playoff environment.

However, most likely the winner of the Clark Cup will come out of the East, either Waterloo or Cedar Rapids. The 6 teams in the west will beat up on each other for 7 games, Waterloo and Cedar Rapids should be done in a minimum of 5 games and then get the chance to rest/heal up (they will play lightweights Chicago and Ohio).

Then in round 2, Waterloo and Cedar Rapids would only have to win one game to go to the final 4. For the West teams, a lower seed would have to win 2 games to make it to the final 4 which might be tough after a 7 game series.

montyminny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 01:22 AM
amjay13
HFBoards Sponsor

Hopefully this format only lasts one year. It should be the top 8 in the league make the playoffs which this year would be Waterloo, CR and the 6 West teams.

Old
04-10-2007, 03:42 PM
Yeti
HFBoards Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjay13 View Post
Hopefully this format only lasts one year. It should be the top 8 in the league make the playoffs which this year would be Waterloo, CR and the 6 West teams.
I agree 100%. I don't understand how teams like Chicago and Ohio should be given a shot. Waterloo and Ceder Rapids are the only teams in the east that have proven they deserve a shot.

I still believe a team from the West will win it all....despite having a tougher road to go thru. I've only seen Waterloo twice (at Lincoln), and I wasn't impressed at all. CR impressed me much more than Waterloo.

Old
04-10-2007, 04:26 PM
amjay13
HFBoards Sponsor

Waterloo is a different team away from home. If they get home ice advantage, they'll likely win it. Otherwise I'd pick Omaha.

Old
04-13-2007, 11:10 PM
ThrashersBoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedYeti View Post
I agree 100%. I don't understand how teams like Chicago and Ohio should be given a shot. Waterloo and Ceder Rapids are the only teams in the east that have proven they deserve a shot.

I still believe a team from the West will win it all....despite having a tougher road to go thru. I've only seen Waterloo twice (at Lincoln), and I wasn't impressed at all. CR impressed me much more than Waterloo.
Agreed. The only thing is that this is a developmental league. That's why teams like Ohio and Chicago get chances, just so that they can have a chance to play and develop their skils to go to the next level.

Though I do agree with you 100%