HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

What´s your opinion about Forsberg?

View Poll Results: What do think of Forsberg during his time in Nashville
I´m dissapointed.... 41 28.08%
I´m pleased.. 63 43.15%
I´m thrilled! 42 28.77%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-13-2007, 03:32 AM
Nordic*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineShark View Post
The scale of this vote is skewed based on whatever hope you had when he came in. If you expected Foppa - the best skater and toughest playoff player in the NHL from 4-5 year ago, sure you're disappointed. If you thought he would never get his skates laced tight again, you are thrilled. So the vote is rather meaningless in terms of the final result.

That being said I've watched him a lot in the Pacific Division over the years. He isn't the same player as he was. He can't skate like he did before. But he still has great hands, still is nasty in the playoffs from what I've seen in one game, makes people around him better, and hasn't stopped agitating and hitting. You can debate whether the trade was for fair value, but forgetting that, if you look at what you have, Forsberg still is one of the top 6-7 players on the ice right now between the two teams. Radulov in the first game was pretty impressive, but he is making it happen by himself. I'll take a Forsberg any day, and all that he brings to the ice and how he makes the team better.

Now - all that said, I hope he gets the flu and cant play Friday.
He played half a period with a ruptured spleen, so flue wont stop him

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 01:48 PM
Sturminator
I voted for Kodos

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilros View Post
This proves my point, he´s nowhere near what he was in Denver.

Back then he was the most dominant & complete player I´ve ever seen, despite being the most abused hockeyplayer in modern time.

Gretz & Mario had a better offense, way better. But when it comes to a complete game and total domination in all aspects of the game, they can´t compete with him. Fedorov & Lindros was sorta kinda close during their peaks, but still not close enough to start a debate about it.

What made him lose the step and acceleration so incredibly much? It can´t all be age or injuries, it must be a combo..

Anyway, a true hockeywarrior. Hope they send the Sharks golfing, they should´ve won the game last night..
I thought you were annoying before, but seriously...you just made my ignore list.

Foppa more dominant than Gretz and Mario or Lindros at his peak?! I seriously doubt you're old enough to have an informed opinion, so I'll just assume you're full of it rather than stupid.

Yah, Foppa was more physical than Gretz, but Mario was a beast. Did you ever actually see Mario play in his prime? Including Gretz, I have never seen a forward who could singlehandedly win a game the way Mario could in his prime. You simply could not take the puck from him. He was too big and way too skilled. Foppa, as great as he was, is a crappy version of Mario.

And Lindros at his peak...granted, that peak lasted maybe two seasons, but he was by far the most feared player in the league at that time. He could knock you senseless, deke you out of your shoes, drop a perfect pass, slap one in from 20 feet out or kick the living ***** out of you. Did Foppa dominate in all areas the way Lindros did? Ehhh...no. Foppa was a great 2-way player and a great playmaker, but his goal-scoring has always been overrated and no way was he nearly as intimidating as Mario or Big E.

You should watch more hockey and offer your worthless opinions less.

Sturminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 02:53 PM
Crazyhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturminator View Post
Did Foppa dominate in all areas the way Lindros did? Ehhh...no. Foppa was a great 2-way player and a great playmaker, but his goal-scoring has always been overrated and no way was he nearly as intimidating as Mario or Big E.

I agree about Lemieux, but there is not a chance Lindros was a more complete player then Forsberg. Lindros relied to much on his physical play. Look at Lindros since 2000. When he lost his physical aspect, he became an average player in this league. Forsberg have passed the time when he was playing really physical, but remains one of the best players in the league.

Crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Nordic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturminator View Post
I thought you were annoying before, but seriously...you just made my ignore list.

Foppa more dominant than Gretz and Mario or Lindros at his peak?! I seriously doubt you're old enough to have an informed opinion, so I'll just assume you're full of it rather than stupid.

Yah, Foppa was more physical than Gretz, but Mario was a beast. Did you ever actually see Mario play in his prime? Including Gretz, I have never seen a forward who could singlehandedly win a game the way Mario could in his prime. You simply could not take the puck from him. He was too big and way too skilled. Foppa, as great as he was, is a crappy version of Mario.

And Lindros at his peak...granted, that peak lasted maybe two seasons, but he was by far the most feared player in the league at that time. He could knock you senseless, deke you out of your shoes, drop a perfect pass, slap one in from 20 feet out or kick the living ***** out of you. Did Foppa dominate in all areas the way Lindros did? Ehhh...no. Foppa was a great 2-way player and a great playmaker, but his goal-scoring has always been overrated and no way was he nearly as intimidating as Mario or Big E.

Wow, how about you top that off with some arrogance

I just feel warm & fuzzy now that you´ve dedicated a whole post calling someone (me) an idiot simply cause the person firmly believed that a player was probably the most complete player in recent years, during his peak.

Forsberg is a playmaker at heart, and builds his game around this style. What set him apart from every other player in the league, was his close to complete game. You wont find a single superstar who played with as much heart as Forsberg, while being a Selke-nominee, a powerforward with argueable the best puckcontrol and balance in the league. Despite his relative "smallness" he took the best shutdown-defenders and forwards on his back every single game, and when he felt like it it was virtually impossible to knock him off the puck.

Lemieux was an even bigger offensive force, and was also impossible to knock off the puck, but he didn´t play with as much heart, backchecking, hitting and battling along the boards.

Ofcourse Mario was a better player, no doubt, but that´s mainly due to the fact that he got way more points, the offence was his thing, not really the all around game.

Lindros was a one man wrecking crew, and while playing even more physical than Forsberg, he didn´t have his playmakingskills, nor did he have the same ability to slow the pace down and dictating the game without being physical.

Anyone who followed Forsberg in Colorodo knows what I´m talking about. When Foppa got the puck, the game slowed down, he created so much space and momentum, he himself dictated how the game was going to get played.

In conclusion.

Lindros = More physical.
Mario = More technically talented

Forsberg = Not the best at either of the above, but better than the weaker side of each player, combined with his heart and passionate hatred of losing.

Most complete.

Fedorov was more complete than either of Lindros and Mario, but obviously not as dominant.

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 10:18 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston_Bruins View Post
i'am not a nashville fan, as you can tell, but i think forsberg should retire, he is hurt more then he plays, hang the skates up,and be a scout, or a coach or something like that.
Forsberg needs to retire after tonights game

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 10:27 PM
runkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
Forsberg needs to retire after tonights game
yup. he stinks.

runkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 10:30 PM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by runkletm View Post
yup. he stinks.
37 people seem to think so.

Old
04-13-2007, 10:55 PM
Crazyhorse

Maybe he have been stepping it up since Modo have fared so well in the SEL-finals? He is a happier player perhaps.

Old
04-13-2007, 11:01 PM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
Maybe he have been stepping it up since Modo have fared so well in the SEL-finals? He is a happier player perhaps.
Or and this might sound crazy but Forsberg was brought in to help the Preds in the playoffs the fact that so many people are dissapointed is flabergasting to me and MODO is owning it up right now.

Old
04-13-2007, 11:06 PM
Mack

Send a message via MSN to Mack
you guys will love forsberg. he is an absolute force! he lives for the playoffs. players dont get paid for playing the playoffs but forsberg is one who does, he erns his check from april to june.

Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 11:07 PM
runkle

Quote:
I watched that game online the other day. I am sure he was thrilled. Does he own part of the team there? or just the arena? Or both?

Old
04-13-2007, 11:11 PM
Crazyhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by runkletm View Post
I watched that game online the other day. I am sure he was thrilled. Does he own part of the team there? or just the arena? Or both?
He and his fathers company Forsbro(?) owns a big part of the new Arena.

Old
04-13-2007, 11:21 PM
runkle

Quote:
He and his fathers company Forsbro(?) owns a big part of the new Arena.
Thanks. I can't read Swedish so I can only catch bits and pieces of things and I knew he owned part of something to do with the team, wasn't sure how much.

Old
04-13-2007, 11:42 PM
Olaf

alright, after this poll was first posted I voted for pleased.... After 2 playoff games I would now like to change mine to thrilled, he has been awesome!

Olaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 03:42 AM
larsmark

Quote:
I hope he can get even happier tonite

MODO could not build the arena because they were missing quite a sum of cash which nobody seemed to be willing to put in it. They had used most sponsors willing etc so far so Forsberg said he'd pay it. So he owns 40% of the stock in the arena, which is worth about 15 million USD.

larsmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 09:51 AM
jfc64

My opinion is he has about three more years left in him. It was just about one and a half year since he was the best player in the game, which he was for two, three seasons. Question is if he feels 100% with his new skates. And if he can reach a peak in the PO.

jfc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 09:56 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Fun fact: both of his linemates are tied for the lead in playoff goal scoring.

Coincidence?

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote