HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Cheechoo Injury

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2007, 10:34 PM
veronesepk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Ron Wilson View Post
Bell (not counting this year)
Hmm...that's not within the last 3 seasons then, is it?

Old
04-13-2007, 10:42 PM
PlaywithGutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineShark View Post
Everyone will have a different view on this, but this was Cheechoo's perspective posted on the SJ Sharks Team Site:

From SJS.com

"Sharks fans already have the cheap shot by Hartnell ingrained in their heads, but for those who missed it, Hartnell put a knee-on-knee hit on the Sharks leading goal scorer and, on the same play, hit Cheechoo in the face with his elbow, causing him to lose a tooth.

"I thought it was a little cheap," said Cheechoo. "The guy stuck his knee out. If he wouldn't have moved his leg, he would have missed me by five to six inches."
And did the missing front tooth come from the elbow or when Cheechoo's head hit the ice? "He got me with the elbow," said Cheechoo. "If you're going to hit me late, at least hit me (clean).""

nice..aparently we might have to hear from Bernier concerning the latest boarding from the back and Rads game misconduct.......maybe on Monday Joe T will be sent to hospital because of a carved out eye......?????lololololo

Old
04-13-2007, 10:42 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineShark View Post
You missed the entire point of the post. "" means there is a little tongue-in-cheek humor.

That being said. I don't think Hartnell is a special player. He is an OK player with some upside still, who most teams would love to have on their team for the package he brings including physical play, and chipping in with second tier scoring. I didn't say he was your worst player. I said he was marginal. He is below your top players and probably in the same level of player as Grier, Clowe and Brown on the Sharks IMO. But I'm splitting hairs. The post was meant as humorous and you focused on 2 words in the post.

I will try and think before I post next time.
At the time he broke his foot, he was leading the team in goals.

Old
04-13-2007, 11:25 PM
veronesepk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaywithGutz View Post
maybe on Monday Joe T will be sent to hospital because of a carved out eye......?????lololololo
Really? A little Mikita action? I bet the ratings would soar...

Old
04-14-2007, 09:43 AM
DManPreds75*

Shark Fans Quit your Whinning!!!!

Hmmm, lets see dirty hit but cheechoo still plays. Must not have been dirty enough!! Sharks fans quit you whinning. As far as the hit on Bernier from Rads might want to look at your own crew. If I remember correctly (in which I do it's Tivo-ed)in the season finally against the Canucks. Thorton left his feet and blind sided Matt Cooke with such force that Thortons hands being so high busted his own nose from his stick/hands coming off the boards back into his face. Cooke had stopped to look for a rebound and your "clean hitting saint" Thorton delivered a cheap shot. Guess what? No Major or Misconduct. So quit your crying, your players deliver dirty shots aswell. The only difference is that other teams hit your "Big strong forwards" and you start crying dirty hit. I'd lay on the ice and look hurt if I knew it was going to give my team another 5 minute major.

Old
04-14-2007, 11:17 AM
Stranger

Hasn't this thread run its course?

Old
04-14-2007, 11:20 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Yes.

Closed Thread