HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

PO GDT Sharks vs Predators Game #2

Old
04-13-2007, 11:27 PM
COMCASTMONEY
pay ya cable bills.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
Forsberg with two goals in the same game. When was the last time that happend.
Besides 1 game against Chicago this year, he scored twice in both the Flyers 2 wins last playoffs. The man is a playoff God.

COMCASTMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 12:14 AM
off_the_shneid

Quote:
Originally Posted by gds_wizard View Post
Please don't let them suspend Rads. Not like he has a thuggish history or something. Why is it if the Sharks are so 'big and tough' they seem to go down like they've been shot so easily?

And how did Tootoo stay up on his feet so much with a mismatch like that?

Don't get how two men jumping Hartnell results in 3 misconducts on Nashville and only two on SJ...
And yet Tootoo doesn't get a penalty after he is the "third man in" and fights Clowe. Keep in mind, Nashville did end up with a power play. On a side note, I have no idea why Tootoo went in against a much bigger Clowe (although everyone else on the ice is a couple feet taller than him anyways).

The Sharks played horribly today. Give credit to Preds as they took advantage of the horrendous Sharks PP. San Jose did win the fights at the end, however. I don't know why the Sharks haven't played physically on the road. I do know one thing though, and I will put it in terms you understand: San Jose will open up a can of Whoop*** on Monday at the Tank, and you can count on that.

off_the_shneid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 12:21 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by off_the_shneid View Post
And yet Tootoo doesn't get a penalty after he is the "third man in" and fights Clowe. Keep in mind, Nashville did end up with a power play. On a side note, I have no idea why Tootoo went in against a much bigger Clowe (although everyone else on the ice is a couple feet taller than him anyways).

The Sharks played horribly today. Give credit to Preds as they took advantage of the horrendous Sharks PP. San Jose did win the fights at the end, however. I don't know why the Sharks haven't played physically on the road. I do know one thing though, and I will put it in terms you understand: San Jose will open up a can of Whoop*** on Monday at the Tank, and you can count on that.
Tootoo wasn't the third man in...he was the fourth. Grier and Clowe were double-teaming Hartnell...which Tootoo(who is so often accused of being a 'coward' did the only thing he could and jumped in. He tooks his lumps for it, but it kept Clowe off Hartnell..and who knows, perhaps prevented an injury.

And I do expect the Sharks to bring a better game on their home ice...but don't expect the Preds to roll over, either.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 12:41 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

The officials are handing out Game misconducts like its freaking candy on Halloween..........and we are taking the brunt of it. I'm guessing its goodbye to Hartnell for the next two games.........and I have no idea why the officials let SJose off for the instigating at the end of the period. Instead of the Sharks players facing suspension, Hartnell is going to get the boot (unless Colin Campbell sits down and actually reviews a tape objectively for once without listening to his big market media shills.)

Great game. Tough hit for Bernier, but this is hockey for crying out loud. I don't think the Preds have had two major penalties in the last three years combined. Now we get two in two games? Give me a break and lay off the whistle....

04-14-2007, 01:37 AM
Nashville108*

Quote:
Originally Posted by off_the_shneid View Post

They tried to do that here. Winning fights doesnt get you goals.

Nashville108* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 01:37 AM
WineShark
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
The officials are handing out Game misconducts like its freaking candy on Halloween..........and we are taking the brunt of it. I'm guessing its goodbye to Hartnell for the next two games.........and I have no idea why the officials let SJose off for the instigating at the end of the period. Instead of the Sharks players facing suspension, Hartnell is going to get the boot (unless Colin Campbell sits down and actually reviews a tape objectively for once without listening to his big market media shills.)

Great game. Tough hit for Bernier, but this is hockey for crying out loud. I don't think the Preds have had two major penalties in the last three years combined. Now we get two in two games? Give me a break and lay off the whistle....
First off - again, great game tonight for the fans. It was intense and the Preds rightly deserved the win. NAS was more physical and the PK was unbelievable. To your comments, its not an automatic for Hartnell to get a suspension, and I doubt he will since the second ejection was not having his sweater tied down.

The instigator is seldom called at the end of the game - especially in a game as physical as this one. The players came together and fought. That's part of hockey.

What isn't part of hockey is the dirty hit Radulov made on Bernier. When I first saw the replay on FOX, it looked like an average boarding call with a bad outcome. I've seen worse where the players walk away and its just a boarding call. But if you review the TSN highlights, you'll see that Radulov left his feet. It wasn't the bang-bang play like Hartnell where everyone wondered about intent. That was a dirty hit made more obvious because he left his feet. That is going to cost him - and rightfully so - a couple games.

If the League doesn't act, and the refs do pocket the whistles as you mention, this will be a blood bath. I expect the refs are going to want to get this series back in control and expect to see even more penalties called in San Jose.

WineShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 03:03 AM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Didn't catch the entire game but the parts I did see were intense. What a great series so far.

Forsberg is emerging...

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 05:35 AM
PeterAngelo

Phew what a relief not to be heading to SJ down 2, thats why i hate home teams losing game 1, puts the pressure on straight away. Hopefully the guys stay on their toes in game 3 and keep this momentum flowing, the last 7 periods have been great, minus one sharks shot. unfortunately i fear lots of powerplays for the sharks in game 3, lets hope if they are blowing the whistles that the calls go both ways as they generally have so far in Nashville.

PeterAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 05:49 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineShark View Post
What isn't part of hockey is the dirty hit Radulov made on Bernier.
Has any Preds fan on here said otherwise?

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 08:16 AM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Rookie Mistake

I won't disagree about how bad the Radu hit was. I will say though that I don't think this was an intended thugish play.

When the play started Radulov had a straight line to make the hit from the side and knock the guy off of the puck but another SJ player skated over to support the puck and stepped right into Radu's path. That is when Radulov should have let up and not made the hit since the only angle he now had was straight into the back of the shoulder rather than the side.

To me this was just a bad play by an over zealous rookie that had a worse than normal outcome.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 09:01 AM
RollingPredFan

I'm trying to contain myself LOL

Lets just say I think the officiating is horrible (for both teams)

Somehow Bernier will make a miraculous recovery like Cheechoo. I think they should be nominated for Oscars.

I hate Ron Wilson

That is all LOL

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 09:28 AM
Olaf

So if Hartnell and/or Rads are out Monday.....do we just fit in Hordy? Well that should calm everything down...

Olaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 09:29 AM
Rmac22

This has already been one of the best series' I've ever seen. There are tons of Canadians following this series, simply because both teams are so fun to watch.

Radulov has played out of his mind. Like someone mentioned, 55pts in 20 some games last year in Quebec's Memorial cup run, he was born for playoff hockey. Hopefully he is not facing a suspension..

Rmac22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 09:57 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineShark View Post
First off - again, great game tonight for the fans. It was intense and the Preds rightly deserved the win. NAS was more physical and the PK was unbelievable. To your comments, its not an automatic for Hartnell to get a suspension, and I doubt he will since the second ejection was not having his sweater tied down.

The instigator is seldom called at the end of the game - especially in a game as physical as this one. The players came together and fought. That's part of hockey.

What isn't part of hockey is the dirty hit Radulov made on Bernier. When I first saw the replay on FOX, it looked like an average boarding call with a bad outcome. I've seen worse where the players walk away and its just a boarding call. But if you review the TSN highlights, you'll see that Radulov left his feet. It wasn't the bang-bang play like Hartnell where everyone wondered about intent. That was a dirty hit made more obvious because he left his feet. That is going to cost him - and rightfully so - a couple games.

If the League doesn't act, and the refs do pocket the whistles as you mention, this will be a blood bath. I expect the refs are going to want to get this series back in control and expect to see even more penalties called in San Jose.
Your call on the hit is pretty fair. Unlike what many would have you believe, the boarding on Bernier was not a hit thrown by a 700 pound man at full speed. It was a dirty, cheap hit, but it was also a pretty average boarding play to say the least. What made this one stand out was Bernier being completely off balance and having his shoulder and head immediately hit the boards.

As for pocketing the whistles, this was not what I meant by my post at all. I absolutely do not want the whistles swallowed. I do want them to stop handing out game-misconducts on every play. The Predators, despite popular opinion after these two games, play some of the cleanest hockey in the league.........you wouldn't know it with all the controversy and misconducts being handed out through two games. Like I said earlier, I do not think the Predators have had two major penalties called on them in three years combined, but we have already had two called on us in the series. The first was a definite reach, the second is a matter of perspective. If its an elbow, there has to be intent....If its boarding, it automatic. I have no problem with the Radulov major due to the circumstances, but the Hartnell call was poor. This poor call combined with the idiocy of the officiating at the end of the game could cost the Preds one of their better forwards for several games. We will see what happens, but if Hartnell gets a 2 game suspension, it is all on the officials for incorrectly calling the brawl at the end of the game and handing out an intent to injure penalty on an incidental collision.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 10:16 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
Yah but 35 people are dissapointed
Those aren't Preds fans voting in that poll, I don't think we have 35 regular posters and alot of ours voted otherwise, I think a bunch of outsiders threw in those votes.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 10:24 AM
runkle

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=204118&hubname=nhl

No suspension for Hartnell

Hartnell will be eligible to play in Game 3 of the series; however it is likely that rookie Alexander Radulov will not. Radulov has a disciplinary hearing with the league Saturday for a blindside hit that knocked Sharks forward Steve Bernier out of the Friday's 5-2 victory by the Preds.

runkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 05:37 PM
Default101

Radulov suspended, no surpise there, strange thing is there's been 4 clear cheap shots this year and only Radulov was suspended.. if so why not Schubert? why not Boogard? Boogard was worse than anything so far.. also preds fans anyone know why Clowe didn't get the automatic 1 game suspention for 3rd man in in the Hartnell/Grier fight, if the ref hadn't have grabbed his jersey and sent the both of them sprawling he would have suckerpunched hartnell while he was helpless, as he was locked right up with grier?, and before that he was going after hartnell and it took 2 shots to the face by tootoo to pretty much save hartnell from a 2 on 1 fight, i've always liked Clowe but that wasn't right.

Default101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 05:49 PM
Felix09

I watched the game yesterday and it was great! The D was great! I thought they played differently! They were much more rough ! Ryan Suter really impressed me! I never thought he was that good defensively! Zanon was great on PK!

The EKL line must produce next game if Nashville want a win

Go Preds Go

Felix09 is offline   Reply With Quote