HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Radulov's hit

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2007, 02:20 AM
RAF

vCash: 500
Radulov's hit

I'd like to hear about it. Bernier was facing the boards long enough for Radulov to see he had his back to him, gain as much momentum as he could and then hit him as hard as he can(All the while Bernier had his back to him). Watch the tape, then tell me it wasn't a dirty, cowardly play.

Old
04-14-2007, 02:25 AM
braindead

A well framed and neutral question. Mods??? Anyone??? Can we close this and let him hear about it in one of the other 6 other threads with this debate?

Old
04-14-2007, 02:27 AM
RAF

Where's the other threads?

Old
04-14-2007, 02:29 AM
RAF

Because I don't see any other threads on this topic on your board.

Old
04-14-2007, 02:37 AM
JussiM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAF View Post
I'd like to hear about it. Bernier was facing the boards long enough for Radulov to see he had his back to him, gain as much momentum as he could and then hit him as hard as he can(All the while Bernier had his back to him). Watch the tape, then tell me it wasn't a dirty, cowardly play.
What exactly would you like to hear about it, since you seem to have already decided your stance on it?

Old
04-14-2007, 02:47 AM
Fraserburn

Send a message via MSN to Fraserburn
Radulov, bad hit, little over agressive, injured bernier 5 minutes and a game mistconduct

Ryane Clowe nailed Radulov from behind, Radulov got up 2 minutes for boarding

You make the call

Old
04-14-2007, 02:58 AM
Goose

Old
04-14-2007, 03:12 AM
braindead

Ok, in that case, allow me to share my top 10 list (drum roll) of why it wasn't a cowardly play:

10. A panel of respected ministers recently declared Radulov 100% not a coward.
9. Radulov's English skill are limited-- a real coward would learn english.
8. Bernier faked it-- if you look at the still frame photos you will see his head never actually hits the glass. Now who is the coward?
7. Rads wears #47, a number not favored by cowards.
6. I own a Rads jersey and my "Russian coward jersey" quota was filled by the time Krivo left the team in 1999.
5. The Wizard gave him his heart back right before he left Russia several years ago.
4. Patrick Roy doesn't coach cowards- ever.
3. Two words: No wait, three.
2. Three words: No, two.

1. And the #1 reason this could not have been a cowardly hit: Rads is actually named after Alexander, the character in the Kenny Rogers song and movie "Coward of the County".... and we all know what happened there (you know, sing along, You could have heard a pen drop, when Alex stopped and locked the door... etc.... etc... sometimes you have to fight when you're a man).

Old
04-14-2007, 03:12 AM
RAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
Fine.

At the end of the first:
Radulov skated hard into Carle AFTER the whistle
Rivet roughed him up a bit
and into the second Rads looked to stand up for himself
so he spotted Bernier with his back to him
skated up behind him as fast as he could
and left his feet
hitting Bernier in the back
into the boards
falling to the ice with a NECK injury
he didn't go against a guy
facing him
he went against a guy with his back to him
Rads turned around
saw 26
went as hard as he could
and hit him
leaving his feet...

But I'm a troll, so ignore it, and ban me.

Old
04-14-2007, 03:15 AM
Goose

I'm not a preds fan, I was just interested in finding some reaction to the hit, but I think the majority of this post is trollish.

Old
04-14-2007, 03:18 AM
RAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
1. And the #1 reason this could not have been a cowardly hit: Rads is actually named after Alexander, the character in the Kenny Rogers song and movie "Coward of the County".... and we all know what happened there (you know, sing along, You could have heard a pen drop, when Alex stopped and locked the door... etc.... etc... sometimes you have to fight when you're a man).
I never really considered Kenny Rogers a man, and now that I know he made movies where he shot guys in the back I understand why.

Old
04-14-2007, 03:24 AM
braindead

Kenny Rogers is actually a woman.... you must be thinking of Roy Rogers.

Old
04-14-2007, 03:29 AM
RAF

Quote:
Kenny Rogers is actually a woman.... you must be thinking of Roy Rogers.
That explains everything then....my bad.

P.S....Roy Rogers, I don't like him either.

Old
04-14-2007, 05:46 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAF View Post
While you're at it tell me what a great job GWB has been doing...
What the **** does the Radulov hit have to do with this gem? ****tard.

Old
04-14-2007, 07:18 AM
5major

Radulov is gone at least two games, maybe more....read Bob McKenzie from TSN for a little unbiased view on the hit....makes my point from last night, he will be punished, and it was a bad hit...I dont want someone to tell me that the hit was clean, or he didnt mean it...its a minimum two games...its reality....

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn_talent/columnists/bob_mckenzie/

Old
04-14-2007, 07:41 AM
hockeyhomer99

Quote:
Ok, in that case, allow me to share my top 10 list (drum roll) of why it wasn't a cowardly play:

10. A panel of respected ministers recently declared Radulov 100% not a coward.
9. Radulov's English skill are limited-- a real coward would learn english.
8. Bernier faked it-- if you look at the still frame photos you will see his head never actually hits the glass. Now who is the coward?
7. Rads wears #47, a number not favored by cowards.
6. I own a Rads jersey and my "Russian coward jersey" quota was filled by the time Krivo left the team in 1999.
5. The Wizard gave him his heart back right before he left Russia several years ago.
4. Patrick Roy doesn't coach cowards- ever.
3. Two words: No wait, three.
2. Three words: No, two.

IS Alex really Russian for Tommy...... I dunno but I do know this I bet Tootoo now wishes that had been Stephan Robidas again and not Ryan Clowe he cheap shotted

Old
04-14-2007, 08:14 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyhomer99 View Post
IS Alex really Russian for Tommy...... I dunno but I do know this I bet Tootoo now wishes that had been Stephan Robidas again and not Ryan Clowe he cheap shotted
What about Tootoo makes this comment necessary? He doesn't care who he hits. He doesn't care if it's Ryan Clowe, Steve Ott, Dallas Drake, Mark Bell, or Darren Pang. Just because you would be shaking in your cowboy boots if you were facing Ryan Clowe's retribution doesn't mean Tootoo will.

Old
04-14-2007, 08:55 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5major View Post
Radulov is gone at least two games, maybe more....read Bob McKenzie from TSN for a little unbiased view on the hit....makes my point from last night, he will be punished, and it was a bad hit...I dont want someone to tell me that the hit was clean, or he didnt mean it...its a minimum two games...its reality....

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn_talent/columnists/bob_mckenzie/
Tough luck, pal. But someone's right here to tell you he didn't mean it. You can look at two obvious points for this conclusion. First, he's got no such history of play like this. And second, he never watches the result of his hit. He immediately turns towards the play and away from Bernier. If he set out to punish the big boy, it would have made sense for him to to follow through more and at least take witness to the aftermath.

The above leads me to believe he was not intending to hurt Bernier. It seemed really awkward, the whole thing. From the three or four replays, I can't see where Bernier's head hit the glass. Seemed to me like his shoulder took the brunt of it all. Much like Cheechoo's injury, it was more bad luck than any malicious aforethought.

That being said, much like my stance on the Hartnell hit, I think he deserves one game. He didn't hit Bernier directly from behind, nor did he intend to injure him but it was, like Hartnell's, reckless and dangerous. The NHL needs players to be more careful with how they act against the boards.

Closed Thread