HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Illinois Governor Blagojevich slams Hawks

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-18-2004, 10:31 PM
  #1
Teemu
Moderator
 
Teemu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Palatine
Country: United States
Posts: 20,393
vCash: 500
Illinois Governor Blagojevich slams Hawks

In his Budget address today the Governor of Illinois took a jab at the Blackhawks organization.

"Think about what you do in your own family.

The session is over. You're home for the summer.

This is the year you decide to buy a new car.

You know you don't have any extra money - I vetoed our pay raises.

So in order to pay for that new car, you probably have to make some adjustments in how you spend money.

Maybe you go out for dinner less. Maybe you don't take a vacation. Maybe you don't buy a new suit. Maybe you go to a few less Blackhawks games.

Maybe - God willing the Blackhawks will show up for a few less games themselves."

nice, eh? Even our governor is making fun of us.

Teemu is offline  
Old
02-18-2004, 10:54 PM
  #2
PhillyNucksFan
Registered User
 
PhillyNucksFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 2,652
vCash: 500
lol

PhillyNucksFan is offline  
Old
02-19-2004, 12:46 AM
  #3
PecaFan
Registered User
 
PecaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
Posts: 8,904
vCash: 500
Heh. He's got my vote.

PecaFan is offline  
Old
02-19-2004, 01:18 AM
  #4
topshelf331
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Stl
Country: United States
Posts: 2,198
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Quote:
Originally Posted by PecaFan
Heh. He's got my vote.
Not mine.

topshelf331 is offline  
Old
02-19-2004, 02:10 AM
  #5
c-carp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 9,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu08
In his Budget address today the Governor of Illinois took a jab at the Blackhawks organization.

"Think about what you do in your own family.

The session is over. You're home for the summer.

This is the year you decide to buy a new car.

You know you don't have any extra money - I vetoed our pay raises.

So in order to pay for that new car, you probably have to make some adjustments in how you spend money.

Maybe you go out for dinner less. Maybe you don't take a vacation. Maybe you don't buy a new suit. Maybe you go to a few less Blackhawks games.

Maybe - God willing the Blackhawks will show up for a few less games themselves."

nice, eh? Even our governor is making fun of us.
I am not even a Blackhawks fan and the Gov comes across as a jackoff here.

c-carp is offline  
Old
02-19-2004, 08:12 AM
  #6
Douggy
Registered User
 
Douggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,834
vCash: 500
Is this the same guy that pardoned everyone on death row?

Douggy is offline  
Old
02-19-2004, 08:55 AM
  #7
Dr Love
Registered User
 
Dr Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Location, Location!
Posts: 20,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douggy
Is this the same guy that pardoned everyone on death row?
No that was a different guy, he pardoned them on his way out of office.

Dr Love is offline  
Old
02-19-2004, 01:48 PM
  #8
MotownMadman
Registered User
 
MotownMadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 5,803
vCash: 500
Obviously a hockey fan since the Hawks seem to be showing up more lately.

MotownMadman is offline  
Old
02-19-2004, 06:37 PM
  #9
Darth Vitale
Moderator
Transitional Period
 
Darth Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Fangorn
Country: United States
Posts: 25,397
vCash: 500
Good for Rob. I only wish he had called Wirtz out by name and ripped him a new one.

Darth Vitale is offline  
Old
02-19-2004, 06:39 PM
  #10
Teemu
Moderator
 
Teemu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Palatine
Country: United States
Posts: 20,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
No that was a different guy, he pardoned them on his way out of office.
heh, yea, george ryan is long gone. Blago's political rival out of pure chance also had the last name ryan (no relation), and thats what is credited to him losing

Teemu is offline  
Old
02-19-2004, 06:48 PM
  #11
Shane
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 12,973
vCash: 500
Now that's a hockey name if I've ever heard one.

Blagojevich shoots... SCORES!!

Shane is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.