HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Buying a used mask...

Old
04-13-2007, 02:57 PM
Fenton

vCash: 500
Buying a used mask...

Hey guys, I finally have one last piece to complete my goalie gear left to purchase, the mask. I am looking at used masks because I figure I can spend as much as a new mask, but get a much better, safer model (i.e. I can buy an Olie MA9900 new from store, or a used CCM GF6 for the same price...).

How do you go about cleaning masks? I guess the interior foam and sweatband would be the only 'dirty' part, so would it just be best to replace them after purchase? What should I look out for when purchasing a used mask?

Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 05:51 PM
MikeD

Better make sure the used mask fits well...

If the foam is still soft, its good to go. Replacing it is a chore and a half. Just spray the inside down with 1 part isopropyl alcohol/ 3 parts water.

MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 06:21 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Man, masks and helmets are the ONLY thing I would never, ever buy used. If that had an invisible defect or crack in it... boy, you could get hurt bad.

Personally, I'd really say that you should buy new masks or helmets, but really it's up to you.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 11:08 AM
MikeD

Used masks arent a major issue for a goalie. Player helmets are another story. The ONLY thing I wouldnt buy used would be a JOCK.

MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote