HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who Will You Root For?

Old
04-13-2007, 09:36 PM
Checker*

vCash: 500
Another game, another 5 minute penalty and game misconduct to Nashville for being a bunch of assclowns.

Also, "Floppa" Forsberg gets whistled on a dive. I know what you're thinking and it's not a typo. Forsberg actually dove. I'm as shocked as you are if you can't tell

Checker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 10:37 AM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

It's been a good series. Radulov of all people got the misconduct. It was a dumb move on his part, he left his feet to hit Bernier. The angles weren't good that I saw, but TSN reports it was an elbow.

Either way I don't know if there was an intent to injure or just some kid who doesn't know how to hit, Radulov is not the first or the 91st name that would come to mind when it comes to naming cheap players in the NHL.

The intensity with how Nashville has played these last 2 games has gotten them in trouble but its made for some good watching, the most interesting series in this first round in my opinion.

The team game that Nashville's got going on right now has made me a begrudging fan I guess. Cheechoo showed a ton of heart to get out there and make some good plays though.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 12:28 PM
Checker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaphodBeeblebrox View Post
It's been a good series. Radulov of all people got the misconduct. It was a dumb move on his part, he left his feet to hit Bernier. The angles weren't good that I saw, but TSN reports it was an elbow.

Either way I don't know if there was an intent to injure or just some kid who doesn't know how to hit, Radulov is not the first or the 91st name that would come to mind when it comes to naming cheap players in the NHL.

The stupidity Nashville has played with these last 2 games has gotten them in trouble but its made for some good watching, the most interesting series in this first round in my opinion.

The team game that Nashville's got going on right now has made me a begrudging fan I guess. Cheechoo showed a ton of heart to get out there and make some good plays though.

Fixed it for you. If we're talking about Nashville getting the Sharks worked up because they're hitting everyone hard along the boards and drilling people with hard clean, checks especially their top stars, that's one thing. When San Jose has a player leave the game in each of the first two games of the series as a direct result of a knee and a jumping hit from behind, that's not intense. It's dumb and it's dirty. I mean really, a Marchment hit and a jumping hit from behind are two of the dirtier things one can do in hockey regardless of if there is a conscious attempt to injure or not (if you don't count the rejects who decide to use their sticks to try and be-head people). One player averaging a game misconduct a game over his last 4 games...intense? More like a freaking joke. The sad part is that the offenders for Nashville this far aren't the usual suspects. I fully expect that Tootoo will get in the act now that he's embarrassed because he got his ass kicked. I also fully expect that no matter what Tootoo does, Nashville's homer announcers, their ignorant fans, and now apparently people on the Blues board will be making excuses for them.

Checker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 12:58 PM
coolhandluke2410
"BleedBlue44"

Send a message via AIM to coolhandluke2410 Send a message via Yahoo to coolhandluke2410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checker View Post
Fixed it for you. If we're talking about Nashville getting the Sharks worked up because they're hitting everyone hard along the boards and drilling people with hard clean, checks especially their top stars, that's one thing. When San Jose has a player leave the game in each of the first two games of the series as a direct result of a knee and a jumping hit from behind, that's not intense. It's dumb and it's dirty. I mean really, a Marchment hit and a jumping hit from behind are two of the dirtier things one can do in hockey regardless of if there is a conscious attempt to injure or not (if you don't count the rejects who decide to use their sticks to try and be-head people). One player averaging a game misconduct a game over his last 4 games...intense? More like a freaking joke. The sad part is that the offenders for Nashville this far aren't the usual suspects. I fully expect that Tootoo will get in the act now that he's embarrassed because he got his ass kicked. I also fully expect that no matter what Tootoo does, Nashville's homer announcers, their ignorant fans, and now apparently people on the Blues board will be making excuses for them.
yea this sums it's up pretty well.. even though I got Nashville winning this series.

coolhandluke2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 01:11 PM
FissionFire

Geez, I never realized how much Wings hate there was here.....

And Nashville's style of play is the definition of intent-to-injure. They go after knees. They go after heads. They go after goalies (which is probably what you'll see in Game 3). As aWings fan, I've seen plenty of gritty, physical, CLEAN hockey in the playoffs the last three season (stupid ****ing Anaheim/Calgary/Edmonton). Nashville is not gritty. Nashville is not clean. I could throw down a litany of **** they pulled on the Wings this season alone (Tootoo knee-to-knee with Kronwall, Hordichuk bowling over Hasek at full speed without a Wing within 2 feet of him, etc.) and it's been going on for several seasons (Hartnell running Legace, Hartnell blowing out Fischer's knee, etc.). IF Barry Trotz stopped allowing (and IMO encouraging) the thuggery and cheap-shots, they'd be a team worthy of respect. Like Colorado once was, or the old Blues-Wings rivalries. Frankly, Maltby might be a gutless puke, but at least he's not running around trying to destroy careers.....

FissionFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 01:26 PM
coolhandluke2410
"BleedBlue44"

Send a message via AIM to coolhandluke2410 Send a message via Yahoo to coolhandluke2410
Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post
Frankly, Maltby might be a gutless puke, but at least he's not running around trying to destroy careers.....
ahh yes, something we can agree on..

coolhandluke2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 12:50 PM
c-carp

I think the Nashville-San Jose series has been the best of the first round so far. A little anger is a good thing in the playoffs. This isnt the Ice Capades no matter how many rules they put in to try and make it that way.

c-carp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 07:24 PM
fcpremix88

I really like Tootoo. His story is definately an interesting one. Tootoo was raised in the (either its in or really close to) arctic circle. He and his brother played hockey and icefished (they would catch the fish, throw them onto the ice, punch them, and eat them raw). His brother was the superior hockey player and both were on their way to becoming NHLers. But his brother became severely depressed and committed suicide. Tootoo has since then taken the oath to make it to the NHL and play for his brother.

You forget he's an underdog every time he throws the gloves.

From what i've heard (im not nearly old enough to know for sure so don't be retarded and flame me please) that he maybe could be thought of in the same kind of dirty playing as Claude Lemieux?

But about the Sharks/Predators games? That no-neck coach needs to lose some weight and stop his team from trying to kill careers with knee injuries... I really want the Sharks to kill Nashville with gritty class!

Last edited by fcpremix88: 04-17-2007 at 07:32 PM.
fcpremix88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 12:53 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiodos View Post
I really like Tootoo. His story is definately an interesting one. Tootoo was raised in the (either its in or really close to) arctic circle. He and his brother played hockey and icefished (they would catch the fish, throw them onto the ice, punch them, and eat them raw). His brother was the superior hockey player and both were on their way to becoming NHLers. But his brother became severely depressed and committed suicide. Tootoo has since then taken the oath to make it to the NHL and play for his brother.

You forget he's an underdog every time he throws the gloves.

From what i've heard (im not nearly old enough to know for sure so don't be retarded and flame me please) that he maybe could be thought of in the same kind of dirty playing as Claude Lemieux?

But about the Sharks/Predators games? That no-neck coach needs to lose some weight and stop his team from trying to kill careers with knee injuries... I really want the Sharks to kill Nashville with gritty class!
VS had a great documentary on the Tootoo Bros during the last playoffs. They are from way up north in Canada. The Northwest Territories is what they call it they dont name it like the other provinces. I have been Trout fishing up there. Beautiful country.

The Capitol of the Northwest Territories is called Yellowknife. An old Blues player Steve Durbano who was one of the crazier SOB's in the NHL when he played lived out his days up there. I saw that in an article in the Hockey News a few years back.

Tootoo definatly has the Claude Lemieux type attitiude and that is good for the game at times. He will need to pick up his scoring a bunch to be another Claude though.

Although guys like Tootoo are dirty at times that is their job and if they are on your team you like them a lot.

The anger between the two teams in this series is what has made it the best first round series so far in my opinion.

I have also been pleasantly suprised by the number of scraps in the first round series' this year.

Last edited by c-carp: 04-18-2007 at 12:56 PM. Reason: More to say
c-carp is offline   Reply With Quote