HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 4/13 - Sound Tigers @ Wolf Pack -- Pack win 3-0; Clinch #2 Seed

Old
04-13-2007, 09:09 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
GDT: 4/13 - Sound Tigers @ Wolf Pack -- Pack win 3-0; Clinch #2 Seed

Just got back from tonight's game, Hartford wins it 3-0. Shutout for Al Montoya on 20 shots. This was the most intense fightless game I've seen. Hell, Jarkko and Drew Fata almost went at it. The only near fight came when big Dale stepped in to protect Lauri. He preceded to get himself four minutes of minors, and a 10 and game misconduct. The rest of it was just teases, skirmishes, etc.

Alex Bourret landed one of the hardest checks I've seen all year here, it really had the crowd going, which was unusually loud. Bourret, as I've said, is going to be a great player, and he's already a fan favorite here. He plays with great energy.

The first goal came from a nice shot by Liffiton. The second was by Lampman, who just passed the puck but was lucky enough to have it tip off a Sound Tiger stick. Third was an empty netter from Nigel. Montoya wasn't challenge TOO much but he played well. Mole was solid in net for Bridgeport.

With this win, the Pack clinch 2nd place in the division and will play their first two home playoff games Wednesday the 18th and Friday the 20th. Just though I'd get that in for anyone planning on coming down.

Game stats: http://stats.theahl.com/stats/game-s...ame_id=1003271

Last edited by FLYLine24*: 04-13-2007 at 09:38 PM. Reason: fixed score
Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 09:12 PM
Ranger35
Proud of NYR

Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
Thanks for the update, let's go Pack

Ranger35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 09:18 PM
NYRMatt

vCash: 1275
Congrats to the Pack! I love seeing there games (judging from the one I seen) I have been looking into them and what they have been doing the past couple weeks as well. Thanks for the updates. If I was at the game and I updated what happened I would take about 18 hours. Judging from getting some sleep and the drive back to PA.

Gamestats say 3 - 0. Odd.

Last edited by NYRMatt: 04-13-2007 at 09:24 PM.
NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 09:19 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
GO PACK!

This is great news. I think someone else mentioned this in another thread, but in a few years, assuming all the right people graduate, the Rangers are going to be a serious pain in the rear to play against: Avery, Bourret, Hollweg, the Korpedo, Dubi, Callahan, Prucha, Dawes. Feisty, fast forwards, some of whom play with a very nasty edge.

Intriguingly (again assuming that all the right people graduate), they'll be backed up with some serious size along the blueline: Staal, Sauer, Baranka, even Roszival. These are not small defencemen.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 09:21 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Also, Owens made his debut tonight but had limited ice time. He looked good. Another note, Korpikoski needs to play a lot more. This guy is so skilled and I don't know why he needs to be playing alongside guys like Lessard and the newcomer, Owens. Lauri got hot when he was playing with Jarkko.

And yeah as a Ranger fan, I'm excited for the Rangers. They have a great, talented group here.

Old
04-13-2007, 09:42 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Typo/forgot about that empty netter

We'll call it a brain fart.

Old
04-13-2007, 09:44 PM
philbo

I just got back from the game as well, I agree w/ Jarkko about Bourret's Hit, it was nasty and clean. It's hard to believe that a guy w/ such a slender frame could deliver such solid checks on guys carrying more than 20-40 lbs on him.

I thought Bobby Sanguenitti looked real solid. He and Staal could make an awesome tandem. Sang's play was impressive in all 3 zones, he had a nice end to end rush, had very good vision, made very good passes in the offensive zone, and looked like he can handle the speed of the pro game quite well. I was also surprised on how big he is out there, not a bean pole.

I was a little disappointed w/ Dubi. I really didn't notice him out there, not good , not bad just average. Maybe it wasn't his night.

Dawes, Immo, Bourret really have chemistry. A strong night from that line, but I now see what Renney was saying about Immo's skating. he looks like he skating uphill, he reminds me of Mess, the way he keeps his back arched upright kind of like he's sitting in a chair. But Mess had speed especially flying up the wing.

Montoya looks like he's playing w/ the ahl guys. He's ready for the next level now. Very confident, covers his angles well, seems to always be square to the shooter. it almost seemed he got excited if the play turned and started to come back to his zone. Next season he's definately playing behind Henry on broadway. it's going to very interesting the next few years.

philbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 09:46 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
Also, Owens made his debut tonight but had limited ice time. He looked good. Another note, Korpikoski needs to play a lot more. This guy is so skilled and I don't know why he needs to be playing alongside guys like Lessard and the newcomer, Owens. Lauri got hot when he was playing with Jarkko.

And yeah as a Ranger fan, I'm excited for the Rangers. They have a great, talented group here.
I don't understand that. He was playing his best hockey of his pro career with top 2 line minutes with other players who know how to play...all of a sudden he was moved to the 3rd and 4th line with fighters....Can't figure that one out.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 09:49 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Me neither, it's a mystery. He still handles the puck EXTREMELY well but he can't do anything with it since he's all alone in terms of skilled players, for the most part.

And yeah, Bourret/Immo/Dawes just seem to know where each other is on the ice all the time.

Old
04-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Mistress Mandy

Quote:
The only near fight came when big Dale stepped in to protect Lauri. He preceded to get himself four minutes of minors, and a 10 and game misconduct.
The water bottle toss at the Bridgeport bench was what gave him the game misconduct. I didn't see the bottle come off the bench, but I think that's the unsportsmanlike conduct bench minor that the Tigers recieved. (And I was sitting in 109 tonight, so I should have seen that clearly. Guess not.)

Another well played game by the pack. I'll see you guys at the Civic Center on Friday.

Mistress Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 09:58 PM
philbo

I was in sect. 115 I saw something go flying, but didn't know what it was. How did he get his hands on a water bottle so far from the bench?

philbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 10:06 PM
boby

Bourrett hit same a truck

boby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 11:22 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Yeah I was in 105 so it happened right in front of me, but it was hard to see what exactly he threw. I did see something go flying.

Old
04-13-2007, 11:44 PM
Mistress Mandy

Regarding the bottle: During the scurmish in front of the Bridgeport bench, one of the players threw the bottle in an attempt to nail Dale square in the head. Knowing about this, he throws the bottle back towards the bench, missing it completely. (It might have been blocked. Again, I'm not exactly sure.)

Oh, and the best part of the entire game was seeing Drew Fata with the Minuteman Press sign attached to his butt for a good half minute in the first. *snickers*

Mistress Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 04:05 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbo View Post
I was a little disappointed w/ Dubi. I really didn't notice him out there, not good , not bad just average. Maybe it wasn't his night.
Not suprised, Dubi got some consistensy problems. He often steps up when HFD needs a goal, but its like when they are on top, he might get caugt playing too much of a team game, or maybe he got his hands full with the defensive assignments and abandon them a bit more when a goal is scored.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 11:22 AM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

I don't know, Dubi has been very consistent as of late.

Old
04-14-2007, 01:16 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
how did Owens do??? He is only going to be 21 in May. Maybe he can be added to the prospect list if the Rangers choose to sign him.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 01:29 PM
Ola

Quote:
I don't know, Dubi has been very consistent as of late.
Yeah, but he have also had it in him to create offense all year, but "only" got 43 pts in 70 games. He is a PPG player in the AHL when he plays well, and he does that allot. But in some games he only turns it on and starts challenge offensivly a few times per game.

I am not saying that he isn't consistant overall, he have IMO been very consistent both ways all year, he just isn't 100% consistent in the top end offensivly.

And its not that he is young either, for a young player who is destined to center a 2nd line in the NHL scoring a PPG in the AHL is nothing.

I really like Dubinsky, its not that, though I am not sold on that he doesn't got allot to work on in the AHL, neither am I sold on that he won't be ready next season. Time will tell.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 01:41 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Yeah, but he have also had it in him to create offense all year, but "only" got 43 pts in 70 games. He is a PPG player in the AHL when he plays well, and he does that allot. But in some games he only turns it on and starts challenge offensivly a few times per game.

I am not saying that he isn't consistant overall, he have IMO been very consistent both ways all year, he just isn't 100% consistent in the top end offensivly.

And its not that he is young either, for a young player who is destined to center a 2nd line in the NHL scoring a PPG in the AHL is nothing.

I really like Dubinsky, its not that, though I am not sold on that he doesn't got allot to work on in the AHL, neither am I sold on that he won't be ready next season. Time will tell.
Only 5 rookies in the AHL are scoring more then a PPG, and I can tell you there are are a hell of a lot more then just 5 rookies that are destined to the 1st or 2nd line.

Not every player breaks out his rookie season..so I wouldn't put so much on points on a 20 year old.

He's got a lot of potential that is waiting to come out, you can't expect him to be playing a great game every game..that's just expecting too much at his age..and most players his age don't perform like that either.

BTW, hes got 16 points in his last 14 games...so he is playing better then the start of the season.

Last edited by FLYLine24*: 04-14-2007 at 01:47 PM.
FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 04:05 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

There's no way Dubi should be a PPG scorer...