HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rads Suspended for one game

Old
04-14-2007, 03:23 PM
preds418

vCash: 500
Rads Suspended for one game

Its official...

Pretty much what I expected:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=204118&hubname=

preds418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 03:31 PM
irisheyes555

well next game and half of the last. one of those plays that if the guy doesn't get hurt its a boarding/charging, but since there was an injury the NHL had to something.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 03:36 PM
5major

I knew it was at least a one game suspension...thought maybe two...but at least this news isnt that bad...

5major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

The only reason there is a suspension is because of the whining after the Hartnell hit, and the injury to Bernier. That hit happens 5 or more times a game, if Bernier doesn't catch it akwardly.......nothing happens.

I'm disappointed to say the least, but with Wilson on the other side and the crap the SJ media has been spewing..........I'm surprised Hartnell isn't suspended as well.

04-14-2007, 03:43 PM
preds418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I'm disappointed to say the least, but with Wilson on the other side and the crap the SJ media has been spewing..........I'm surprised Hartnell isn't suspended as well.
I totally agree. San Jose and their media are bitter because they feel this series is not going their way. The Shark players can't handle the physical play and cry foul at everything. Their whining actually makes me happy only because this tells me we are under their skin and they are nervous about losing this series.

preds418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 03:49 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
The only reason there is a suspension is because of the whining after the Hartnell hit, and the injury to Bernier. That hit happens 5 or more times a game, if Bernier doesn't catch it akwardly.......nothing happens.

Thought I read somewhere that it's an automatic 1 game suspension.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 03:52 PM
veronesepk

I think I truly hate SJ.

veronesepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 03:54 PM
RollingPredFan

Oh well I went to the Sharks board, I knew I shouldn't have haha

Radulov should have been suspended longer of course, Barry Trotz is making him into a goon, Preds fans boo injured players, Hartnell is the anti-christ, etc hahaha

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 04:18 PM
off_the_shneid

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyes555 View Post
well next game and half of the last. one of those plays that if the guy doesn't get hurt its a boarding/charging, but since there was an injury the NHL had to something.
It's kind of hard not to be injured when you are clearly up against the boards and someone leaves their feet to hit you in the upper back/neck. Radulov said that Bernier suddenly moved before he could see him. Watch the replay; Bernier was digging for the puck for about 6 seconds after he was hit in the first place. Radulov swiftly skates towards Bernier, while his numbers are facing him mind you, and leaves his feet to throw an illegal hit. Quite honestly, I am surprised he only got a one game suspension.

off_the_shneid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 04:33 PM
AdsSabresRule

Interesting quote from Mike Grier in the San Jose Mercury News...

Taken from Purdy's column:

["He's a guy who doesn't touch anyone during the regular season," Sharks forward Mike Grier said of Radulov. "And now, come playoff time, he wants to be a hero. He left his feet and took advantage of a guy in a vulnerable spot, with his back to him. ... They've taken some cheap shots at us and they've knocked a guy out in each game here. It's going to be a long series. So we just want to make sure we stick together."

In hockey lingo, that means having each others' backs physically, either inside or outside the rules. The game's nature was more evidence that the NHL office should have issued a suspension to Hartnell following the Cheechoo hit Wednesday. But NHL punishment czar Colin Campbell didn't, basically giving both teams clear sailing for making targets of each other in Game2.

So they did. The net result? Two of the most talented teams in hockey, instead of showcasing their swiftness and skill, took to the gutter. Nashville won the gutter fight. Congratulations to the Predators. Let's see what happens now when the series returns to San Jose on Monday night.]

The coulumnist Purdy actually BLAMED the Sharks for the loss by not 'sinking' to Nashville's gutter level - and playing that way...it will be interesting back in the 'tank' going west for us!

AdsSabresRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 04:57 PM
Saskatoon

I think they needed to give him a game, the Hartnel hit was fine with no suspension but you don't mess around with checking from behind. A guy can live with a blown knee, but I have witnessed someone die from a check from behind.

Saskatoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 05:18 PM
DManPreds75*

Rads

I think that the suspension was legit. I feel for Rads though because I believe that he was just caught up in a heated playoff game/series. And as far as him seeing Bernier had his back turned the whole time like the earlier poster posted is untrue. Bernier had just kicked the puck from one foot to the other and turned his body from right to left. Also Rads was coming around another Sharks player as this was happening. Rads was wrong for leaving his feet and I think if he doesn't there would be no suspension.

DManPreds75* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 05:20 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Exactly what I expected from the moment it happened. Not surprised at all. Honestly, if nothing else, Radulov deserved it just for the stupidity of the action.

My only hope is that especially after hearing how shaken he was in the locker room that Radulov does not change his game. Obviously I don't want to see a repeat of the Bernier hit, but I want him to go to the puck with the same energy and same intensity to make a play. I fear that we will see a change in him that sees him skate hard to the puck and let up.

Radulov is not a dirty player, he did something stupid. Let's see how he reacts to it in Game 4. Personally I think he feels horrible about the injury to Bernier, but even more so, he feels horrible about letting down his teammates by getting thrown out in the first period last night and being suspended a game. I predict he comes out and plays a hell of a game in his return.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 05:21 PM
D000

Does anyone have a link to his hit and/or the fights at the end?
Thanks

D000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 05:51 PM
braindead

Quote:
I think they needed to give him a game, the Hartnel hit was fine with no suspension but you don't mess around with checking from behind. A guy can live with a blown knee, but I have witnessed someone die from a check from behind.
Agree

Quote:
I think that the suspension was legit. I feel for Rads though because I believe that he was just caught up in a heated playoff game/series. And as far as him seeing Bernier had his back turned the whole time like the earlier poster posted is untrue.
Agree

Quote:
Exactly what I expected from the moment it happened. Not surprised at all. Honestly, if nothing else, Radulov deserved it just for the stupidity of the action.
Agree

Quote:
My only hope is that especially after hearing how shaken he was in the locker room that Radulov does not change his game. Obviously I don't want to see a repeat of the Bernier hit, but I want him to go to the puck with the same energy and same intensity to make a play.
Really, really agree.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 06:52 PM
FlameofTheWest

Quote:
Originally Posted by preds418 View Post
I totally agree. San Jose and their media are bitter because they feel this series is not going their way. The Shark players can't handle the physical play and cry foul at everything. Their whining actually makes me happy only because this tells me we are under their skin and they are nervous about losing this series.

How is the series not going their way when they have taken home ice advantage?

FlameofTheWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 07:00 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameofTheWest View Post
How is the series not going their way when they have taken home ice advantage?
Because I think there are a lot of people that feel that the Predators have controlled play since the mid-point of the second period in Game 1.

Nabakov stood on his head in overtime and stole Game 1. The Predators played great in Game 2. I would say although the Sharks have the home-ice advantage right now, we have the momentum until the Sharks take it away.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 07:20 PM
PlaywithGutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by off_the_shneid View Post
It's kind of hard not to be injured when you are clearly up against the boards and someone leaves their feet to hit you in the upper back/neck. Radulov said that Bernier suddenly moved before he could see him. Watch the replay; Bernier was digging for the puck for about 6 seconds after he was hit in the first place. Radulov swiftly skates towards Bernier, while his numbers are facing him mind you, and leaves his feet to throw an illegal hit. Quite honestly, I am surprised he only got a one game suspension.

no doubt..everyone including Rads is no doubt surprised he got only 1...should have a 3-5 game.....very dirty play.. and one that could end a players career or life....
if Campbell in all of his glory doesn't stop this dirty play in the league..someone will be leaving paralyzed or dead..and that is nothing to joke about....

PlaywithGutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 07:28 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdsSabresRule View Post

["He's a guy who doesn't touch anyone during the regular season," Sharks forward Mike Grier said of Radulov. "And now, come playoff time, he wants to be a hero. He left his feet and took advantage of a guy in a vulnerable spot, with his back to him. ... They've taken some cheap shots at us and they've knocked a guy out in each game here. It's going to be a long series. So we just want to make sure we stick together."

In hockey lingo, that means having each others' backs physically, either inside or outside the rules. The game's nature was more evidence that the NHL office should have issued a suspension to Hartnell following the Cheechoo hit Wednesday. But NHL punishment czar Colin Campbell didn't, basically giving both teams clear sailing for making targets of each other in Game2.

So they did. The net result? Two of the most talented teams in hockey, instead of showcasing their swiftness and skill, took to the gutter. Nashville won the gutter fight. Congratulations to the Predators. Let's see what happens now when the series returns to San Jose on Monday night.]

The coulumnist Purdy actually BLAMED the Sharks for the loss by not 'sinking' to Nashville's gutter level - and playing that way...it will be interesting back in the 'tank' going west for us!
and that coming from a guy who tried to tag team one of the Preds, you know i wasnt really a fan of either team but after watching both games and coming here. ive become a Preds fan. good luck the rest of the series.

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 07:35 PM
PlaywithGutz

gutter hockey...sounds about right to me...

PlaywithGutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 07:35 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdsSabresRule View Post

don't listen to purdy, most people in the area really believe he is an idiot

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 07:37 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaywithGutz View Post
no doubt..everyone including Rads is no doubt surprised he got only 1...should have a 3-5 game
Source?

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 07:46 PM
Roger Explosion

Sounds like a fair suspension to me.

Roger Explosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 08:54 PM
Olaf

Question is who takes his place? Bring back Abid? ....Or does Trotz go with Hordy?
Leahy does not really fit into Rads role.
Go with 11 forwards and dress VV?

Olaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 09:13 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaf View Post
Question is who takes his place? Bring back Abid? ....Or does Trotz go with Hordy?
Leahy does not really fit into Rads role.
Go with 11 forwards and dress VV?
I would dress 11 forwards and dress VV..........unless Sully can play .

Enoch is online now   Reply With Quote