Notices

joel lundqvist

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2004, 11:32 AM
NYR469

vCash: 500
joel lundqvist

is joel lundqvist consider an untouchable by the stars??

with talk of the rangers possible finally using all their $$ to buy a clue and looking to unload guys, one of the teams mentioned in having interest in leetch & kovalev is the stars...

would lundqvist be available as part of a package if the stars made a deal for leetch or kovalev??

in addition to being a pretty decent prospect, joel happens to be the twin brother of henrik lundqvist (the rangers plan to try to convince him to come to north america over the summer)...so i'm thinking if we can get a good prospect who also helps our chances of bring henrik over it creates a win/win situation...

thoughts?

Old
02-19-2004, 12:01 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

While we lack center prospects, I do think Lundqvist is available for a deal like this. hence, Mike Ryan was arguably our only decent right wing prospect we had last season and we traded him for Barnes.

What's the source or link where you've read this info about the Stars being one of the teams interested? Just curius, thanks.

Old
02-19-2004, 12:07 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Hell, for both, I think that management might even add top goalie prospect Jason Bacashihua into the mix and maybe than some. Leetch and Kovalev are two of the missing pieces..

Old
02-19-2004, 12:16 PM
NYR469

i don't remember exactly where i read the kovalev rumor but that was more of a 'the stars might be interested' type thing...if i find it i'll post it...

the leetch rumor was mentioned on nhl2nite about the possibility of re-uniting leetch & zubov...this ej hradek article mentions it:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column..._ej&id=1737940

Old
02-19-2004, 08:43 PM
Dr GLU

I'd say he probably is available since Hagos has really started to show a lot of positives this year, and Lundqvist has been really struggling.

Closed Thread