HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Saks talks to the media

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2004, 02:29 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

vCash: 500
Saks talks to the media

Saks talks to the media

http://www.chfans.com/in_comments.php?t=2566

or

rds.ca

Old
02-19-2004, 02:32 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

Alright , now let's hope everybody will turn the page

Old
02-19-2004, 02:41 PM
Cariboux

Can't wait to see the game tonight. I think that the 2 players will play a very strong game

Old
02-19-2004, 02:51 PM
habs_pat

Koivu Comments

Well i can honestly that Saku Koivu did a great thing today. I had my doubts about him for some time, but what he did today was fantastic. Not everybody would have done what he did. He talked to the press and express his frustration. I can respect that. I was watching some comment on RDS.ca, and that got me thinking if i was the only one who thinks that Saku Koivu and Mike Ribeiro are the two best offensive players on our team and that we should keep both of them and make them happy. Ribeiro have his defaults, yes he is cocky, and for watching played in the juniors, I know what i'm talking about. But let's not forget that Koivu is cocky at some point too. But the matter is not to know whose fault is it but to get that behind us and start winning some game. It's not every team in the league that has two good offensive centers in their lineup.

Old
02-19-2004, 03:33 PM
BLONG7

Saku says he's frustrated with the recent turn of events since the Break... let's hope tonight he and Ribs can play with an edge and determination to break the current 4 game losing skid!

Old
02-19-2004, 03:36 PM
romain_jaime

Koivu always plays with an edge, let's just hope that this has made the team realize that THEIR captain is not going to take teammates playing half hearted.

Rebeiro down... 12 more to go Koivu !

Old
02-19-2004, 03:42 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs_pat
I was watching some comment on RDS.ca, and that got me thinking if i was the only one who thinks that Saku Koivu and Mike Ribeiro are the two best offensive players on our team and that we should keep both of them and make them happy. Ribeiro have his defaults, yes he is cocky, and for watching played in the juniors, I know what i'm talking about. But let's not forget that Koivu is cocky at some point too. But the matter is not to know whose fault is it but to get that behind us and start winning some game. It's not every team in the league that has two good offensive centers in their lineup.

You are not the only one.

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=53570&page=1

Old
02-19-2004, 03:54 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
I knew I'd see comments from Saks when I'd get home today (Y)

As much as I hope this will be the last we hear about it- judging by the RDS forums- it won't be.

Old
02-19-2004, 04:13 PM
Habsolument

Unfortunately if you go to the RDS talkback you'll see them say that Koivu is hypocrite and that what he said was a text given to him by BG.
YEEAAAHHH right

Old
02-19-2004, 04:54 PM
Guy!

Someone thinks that was scripted for Sax? He's been saying the same kind of things since he got to Montreal so I hardly think that's true. Perhaps Gainey told him it would be an idea to address the media and calm the masses, but I hardly think it was scripted.

It'll be interesting to see what happens tonight. If I were to make a prediction, the first time he either gets his name announced or he touches the puck, there will be an outcry of boos....which will be shortly thereafter drowned out by a louder outburst of cheering.

Anyone who knows anything about Sax and Montreal knows he loves the place and has given his being to playing here. Say all you want about the captaincy and his playing ability etc, but when it comes down to it, he's made it *very* clear, repeatedly, I might add, that he loves the city, and wants to win the Cup here.

The fact he wants to remain the number one guy is good in that he is a competitive player, and you always get your best from those guys. The fact he's willing to stay on even if he's just on the top two lines tells me he's the consommate team guy.

I find it harsh that anyone out there would call him a liar since he's said just about the same things forever. Harsh and uncalled for. In fact, those would be words from jealous people. No, yellow people. And we don't need that kind of fan.

ACF

Old
02-19-2004, 05:07 PM
Quagmier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy!

I find it harsh that anyone out there would call him a liar since he's said just about the same things forever. Harsh and uncalled for. In fact, those would be words from jealous people. No, yellow people. And we don't need that kind of fan.

ACF
Sadly Guy!, there is only one word to describe the massive lump of clay that is the montreal canadiens' fanbase:

Fickle

Old
02-19-2004, 05:12 PM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*

Old
02-19-2004, 05:16 PM
G Man 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy!

ACF
Yeah sure, he & Ribeiro don't hate each other's guts... gimme a break.

Both are giving us the politically correct party line, as is CJ... it's just how the media relations work.

It's not about them being liars as much as it just being the way things are done, saying how they really feel would hurt the team... and so they feed the same BS all the time.

It's not lying as much as it's just part of the job unless your name in Hull or Roenick... it's annoying as hell, but they all do it. Koivu is no worse than anybody else in that respect.

But don't try to tell me he's telling us how he really feels... people might be harsh but they're not stupid.

As for the yellow comment, weak & unnecessary.

Old
02-19-2004, 05:21 PM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs_pat
Well i can honestly that Saku Koivu did a great thing today. I had my doubts about him for some time, but what he did today was fantastic. Not everybody would have done what he did.
Not everybody would have done what? What did he do exactly that was "fantastic" or "a great thing"

Old
02-19-2004, 05:25 PM
Kerberos*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler
Not everybody would have done what? What did he do exactly that was "fantastic" or "a great thing"
I have to agree with you that the words he used don't fit but please don't tell me that one of the posters that I admire the most on this board is jumping on the trade Koivu bandwagon...

Old
02-19-2004, 05:27 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Man 77
Yeah sure, he & Ribeiro don't hate each other's guts... gimme a break.

Both are giving us the politically correct party line, as is CJ... it's just how the media relations work.

It's not about them being liars as much as it just being the way things are done, saying how they really feel would hurt the team... and so they feed the same BS all the time.

It's not lying as much as it's just part of the job unless your name in Hull or Roenick... it's annoying as hell, but they all do it. Koivu is no worse than anybody else in that respect.

But don't try to tell me he's telling us how he really feels... people might be harsh but they're not stupid.

As for the yellow comment, weak & unnecessary.

My GOD, are you in the freaking lockerroom? Are you the one stalking habs players, hiding outside their windows, following them on weekends? Maybe you are a sports psychologist working closely with the organization.

Can you read minds? I guess that is the only way you can know how Ribs and Koivu feel about each other.

Hopefully you can read my thoughts now as well.

Old
02-19-2004, 05:32 PM
Kerberos*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
My GOD, are you in the freaking lockerroom? Are you the one stalking habs players, hiding outside their windows, following them on weekends? Maybe you are a sports psychologist working closely with the organization.

Can you read minds? I guess that is the only way you can know how Ribs and Koivu feel about each other.

Hopefully you can read my thoughts now as well.
G man 77: could you tell me if that girl loves me?

Old
02-19-2004, 05:34 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerberos
G man 77: could you tell me if that girl loves me?
Actually, it was a mental picture of what I thought G man 77 was --- 4 legged animal, synonym of donkey.

Kerbs I guess you just don't have the gift.

Old
02-19-2004, 08:59 PM
deandebean

What Koivu said after Marc DeFoy's question about his attitude lately (took guts, by the way, because most of the beatwriters, french and english, had been avoiding THE question with Koivu) sparked some pretty interesting comments from the captain. Mainly, that he's frustrated with some situations (including the fact he's playing the point on the PP, while the other guy is pivoting the 1st PP line), but he's a team player and does it for the sake of the team.

Saku did ok today. For the first time in a LOOOOONG time, he answered some tough questions about his frustrations, and I commend him for it. He seemed upbeat afterwards, according to some reports, and that's fine. Saku needs to understand one thing: if Julien thinks he's more effective on the point, he has to accept the role. Just like Alfredsson does it. And does it well. And he has to learn that a captain of such a storied franchise has to take his role seriously and unite, rather than divide.

Some facts that I didn't know came out today, which I thought were revealing about Koivu's frustrations, including the ones about some scrapes he had on the road with Rivet and Zednik, on the ice. Signs on an unhappy camper.

Old
02-19-2004, 09:08 PM
Cariboux

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
What Koivu said after Marc DeFoy's question about his attitude lately (took guts, by the way, because most of the beatwriters, french and english, had been avoiding THE question with Koivu) sparked some pretty interesting comments from the captain. Mainly, that he's frustrated with some situations (including the fact he's playing the point on the PP, while the other guy is pivoting the 1st PP line), but he's a team player and does it for the sake of the team.

Saku did ok today. For the first time in a LOOOOONG time, he answered some tough questions about his frustrations, and I commend him for it. He seemed upbeat afterwards, according to some reports, and that's fine. Saku needs to understand one thing: if Julien thinks he's more effective on the point, he has to accept the role. Just like Alfredsson does it. And does it well. And he has to learn that a captain of such a storied franchise has to take his role seriously and unite, rather than divide.

Some facts that I didn't know came out today, which I thought were revealing about Koivu's frustrations, including the ones about some scrapes he had on the road with Rivet and Zednik, on the ice. Signs on an unhappy camper.
yeah I have to agree with you, Saku answers all the questions and give some interesting ones

Closed Thread