HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why No Hollweg???

Old
04-14-2007, 10:46 PM
NYROrtsFan

vCash: 500
Orr is very good in his role, but he can't perform his role in the playoffs... Especially because they really arnt going to fight him... Sutton wont, and Boulton may, but it doesn't matter anyway.

Put Hollweg out there and make them pay.

THen again, Orr has dressed and the Rangers have won both times. That is enough for me to not mind Orr out there so much.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 12:04 AM
dynamoovechkin

With 2 wins in 2 games, I would be surprised to see any lineup changes. You can't sit Callahan, he is a legitimate offensive threat in a close series so far. As much as I absolutely love Holyweg, Orr serves as a deterrent, and is useful even if sitting on the bench.

Also Holyweg is snakebit offensively this year. (Although I hate to bash the guy at all)

dynamoovechkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 12:19 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamoovechkin View Post
With 2 wins in 2 games, I would be surprised to see any lineup changes. You can't sit Callahan, he is a legitimate offensive threat in a close series so far. As much as I absolutely love Holyweg, Orr serves as a deterrent, and is useful even if sitting on the bench.

Also Holyweg is snakebit offensively this year. (Although I hate to bash the guy at all)
well maybe its the end for Hollweg. I hope not. But if Byers replaces him, well I can see that happening. Byers has more size and skill which would help. Maybe Hollweg should have stayed in the AHL last year to work on offense. I think Hollweg must go thorugh waivers to be sent down next season.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 01:34 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerz72 View Post
Cally has a big heart, speed and grit. But he's just to small. The trashers are killing us physically.
I'm sorry, did I miss the part in Isbister's career when he was confused with a physical player?

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 01:43 AM
Balej20*

If Orr is not going to go out there and fight/get in the face of all the Thrasher players who were cheap shoting all game long, than he serves no purpose.

He should have atleast gone out there and set a tone that the high hits have to stop from the Thrashers. Renney didn't allow him to do that, and it didn't seem like Orr had any interest in doing that.

Hollweg will atleast hit the hell out of the opposition, so he should be in the lineup for game 3.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 01:45 AM
lundy

Orr hasn'nt done shiest...no one on ATL knows how to fight worth a damn...they just hit. Sub in Holly for Orr, show them how to really hit. .....and dance...for that matter.

lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 01:48 AM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

we won two games, dont change the lineup.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 02:24 AM
GarretJoseph*

I want to see Hollywood too but Renney's line up is 2-0 so I'm not gonna complain.

That being said, Orr needs to play his way off the team or somebody needs to get hurt or we start losing in this series to see Hollywood.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 03:25 AM
SickNice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerz72 View Post
Holly's got to be in there. I'd sit Cally for Isbister as well. We need the size in this series. Cally has a big heart, speed and grit. But he's just to small. The trashers are killing us physically.
You can't be serious...

SickNice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 03:47 AM
johnny_rudeboy

You know the coach is doing something right when the team win 2 games and the "BIG" issue is what 4th liner should be dressed...

I rather have Hollweg in the line up over Orr my self and I guess we will see some action from him in game 3 when Renney can adjust his lines to Atlantas, not that he seem to be that kind of coach but...

johnny_rudeboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 09:08 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by collinsjimster View Post
anyone else excited to see avery put kovy through the boards next game???
Avery is now fully in Illya's head. All he has to do the rest of the series is to cleaning play the body on him and the kid will impode. Home ice advatage now allows us line matchups, which renney is not a fan of, but if the opportunity presents itself that is what you do. That is why I would now dress Hollweg. Atlanta can ill afford to run around. You take Hollweg & Avery and you have 2 PITAs have the opportunity to play against Illya shift after shift. You bang him and he will get distracted and start taking stupid penalties. Marian Hossa you leave alone and let him continue his snooze.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 10:00 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
we won two games, dont change the lineup.
Talking about Orr taking his rightfull place, not being dressed, is not the same thing as benching Hossa. Orr has had ZERO impact. Hollweg is the much better player. In the playoffs, when hitting wears down the opposition, Hollweg is much more important. Plus, let's not forget that he was one of the better forwards last year during the playoffs.

Hollweg being scratched in favor of Orr makes zero sense.

Old
04-15-2007, 10:05 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
Home ice advatage now allows us line matchups, which renney is not a fan of, but if the opportunity presents itself that is what you do. That is why I would now dress Hollweg.
Dressing Hollweg should not matter, whether or not you get to have the last line change or not. Renney does not like it, but it he needs to take advantage of it. The reasons are two-fold. First, it would allow for him to get Jagr away from Holik and second, it would allow for him to get Avery to line up against Kovulchuk. Hollweg simply needs to be dressed to go out and bang everything that moves.

Old
04-15-2007, 10:06 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Talking about Orr taking his rightfull place, not being dressed, is not the same thing as benching Hossa. Orr has had ZERO impact. Hollweg is the much better player. In the playoffs, when hitting wears down the opposition, Hollweg is much more important. Plus, let's not forget that he was one of the better forwards last year during the playoffs.

Hollweg being scratched in favor of Orr makes zero sense.
It's not as cut and dry as Hollweg>Orr. Hollweg in may mean an average of two more penalties a game.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 10:57 AM
Fletch

Why is that Il?

I don't think Hollweg put his team down a man, on average, that many more times than Orr. I know Hollweg had a couple stupid majors, but had only five more minors in about 15 more games.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 11:30 AM
Avery Ranger Fan

Orr or Holly?

I'd would like to see both of them in the line up. Betts should be the odd man out. Cally has to play cause he's an offensive threat with grit and since he's one of the few actually taking the body. Holly for his explosive hits/energy. Orr for protection and Orts for his superb penalty killing. I thought Holly/Orts/Orr did a great job punishing,pressuring and working the corners against the other teams D-men a few weeks back. But Renny won't sit Betts cause he's a natural 4th line centerman.

Avery Ranger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Fletch

You'd sit...

this team's best, or second best PKer and faceoff guy for a guy to play 3 minutes per game? Betts was pretty darn good blocking shots on the PK yesterday and is a good fourth line center. Which brings me to my final point: he's a centerman.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 11:40 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Dressing Hollweg should not matter, whether or not you get to have the last line change or not. Renney does not like it, but it he needs to take advantage of it. The reasons are two-fold. First, it would allow for him to get Jagr away from Holik and second, it would allow for him to get Avery to line up against Kovulchuk. Hollweg simply needs to be dressed to go out and bang everything that moves.
Hollweg usually does which is why scratching him makes no sense...Hollweg is the perfect playoff sort of player...A huge step up over Orr...It just makes no sense...

Hollweg is also a pest in alot of ways...The way he hits guys (at times borderline legal) is needed in this series and beyond...He could be a distraction for the other team..

Do you guys think teams are saying??????

"look out for Orr"

or

"look out for Hollweg"

Teams are saying look out for Hollweg..because he can actually hit somebody..Orr can't.... not effectivly....

Colton Orr has no business dressing in the playoffs....This isn't about dressing a tough guy...This is about dressing the tougher guy to play against...

This could really go back to Dolan and his tirade after the Philly game.....

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 11:42 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
this team's best, or second best PKer and faceoff guy for a guy to play 3 minutes per game? Betts was pretty darn good blocking shots on the PK yesterday and is a good fourth line center. Which brings me to my final point: he's a centerman.

The more I watch Betts the more i like him...Especially on the 4th line...He might be the best 4th line center in hockey..He kills penalties..blocks shots...and always makes the smart play...

Betts could play on any team in the league...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 11:45 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I don't think Hollweg put his team down a man, on average, that many more times than Orr. I know Hollweg had a couple stupid majors, but had only five more minors in about 15 more games.
I know its not that big of a difference, but the thinking is that he'll roll the whole line 3-5 minutes while double shifting someone to take Orr's place. If Orr takes just as much dumb penalties as Hollweg, it might just be the same situation: Hollweg getting in for about 5 minutes the game and then sit while someone double shifts and reduces the likelihood that the Betts/Ortmeyer line takes a penalty with him off the ice.

Hollweg takes his penalties as a result of over asserting himself; Orr takes his penalties by a combination of being gassed/lazy/unable to skate.

Could it possibly be that Renney wouldn't see the fourth line as a worthy even strength line even with Hollweg in? That Hollweg and Orr are on par as far as effect, ignoring Hollweg's hitting ability and Orr's fighting ability.

I'm just perplexed that Renney wouldn't look to Hollweg as an outlet to atleast TRY to match some of the intense hitting thrown our way. What is the deal...

Old
04-15-2007, 11:51 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
Hollweg usually does which is why scratching him makes no sense...Hollweg is the perfect playoff sort of player...A huge step up over Orr...It just makes no sense...
Not arguing or rationalizing the decision being made...but Hollweg did disappear and was not the force we know him to be at the end of the year. Is Renney using that as a factor? Maybe Hollweg is still hurt, fatigued? Is Renney now saving one of his most explosive players for the next few rounds? That actually doesn't sound like a bad plan.

I'd sign up for a fresh, Playoff untested Hollweg to run around and just wear the enemy down...

Old
04-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
The more I watch Betts the more i like him...Especially on the 4th line...He might be the best 4th line center in hockey..He kills penalties..blocks shots...and always makes the smart play...

Betts could play on any team in the league...
There's no way I'd want to sit Betts over Hollweg, and especially Orr. I have often wondered what the team would be like with more talented 3rd/4th liners, but Betts is proving his worth now. I'm glad.

Old
04-15-2007, 11:55 AM
eco's bones

I agree that Betts is great on the 4th line and as a top pk man. I'd also have Hollweg in and I like the scenario of trying to get in Kovalchuk's head and/or Tkachuk's. Orr has been okay but Hollweg would add more speed and more hitting.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 12:48 PM
True Blue

Quote:
This could really go back to Dolan and his tirade after the Philly game.....
I didn't actually consider that. I did not think that such thoughts would actually prevail during the playoffs.

Old
04-15-2007, 01:00 PM
blue2noise

I'm betting you see Hollywood in game 3

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote