HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rads Suspended for one game

Old
04-14-2007, 09:16 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I would dress 11 forwards and dress VV..........unless Sully can play .
beat me to it

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 10:00 PM
5major

I hate to break it to people but Sully isnt playing at all in round one....When Trotz says Sully is out indefinitley, thats not good...he cant just practice for a few days and then hop right back out there after not playing for the last month...Zero percent chance of him playing Monday as well...I would also struggle to justify going with 7 d-men in the playoffs. This is the freakin playoffs, we need to be able to dress four lines of forwards, thats a must...

5major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 10:31 PM
pred33fan

Quote:
I would dress 11 forwards and dress VV..........unless Sully can play .

pred33fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 10:47 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5major View Post
I hate to break it to people but Sully isnt playing at all in round one....When Trotz says Sully is out indefinitley, thats not good...he cant just practice for a few days and then hop right back out there after not playing for the last month...Zero percent chance of him playing Monday as well...I would also struggle to justify going with 7 d-men in the playoffs. This is the freakin playoffs, we need to be able to dress four lines of forwards, thats a must...
If you dress Hordichuk, you know Trotz is only going to give him about 4 minutes of ice time. The Sharks have a tremendous 3rd and 4th line.....Its a big game on Monday, rolling three lines and playing 7 d would not hurt us.

04-14-2007, 10:59 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5major View Post
No it's not a must. We won pretty big last night rolling 3 forward lines most of the night.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 11:50 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I'd rather they go with 11 forwards than call up another forward that will just stunt offensive chances. VV has a lot of playoff experience, anyway.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 12:33 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
I too would rather see 11 forwards and 7 defensemen dressed. It's a risk, but I'd much rather have Vishnevski in the lineup than Hordichuk.

Regardless of who dresses...we'll roll with 9 forwards most of the game with Tootoo, Nichol, and Smithson filling in on the wing for the Forsberg and Arnott lines.

Whoever gets in the lineup is going to get very limited ice time barring any unforseen circumstances (we "take out" another San Jose player and get a game-misconduct or we have a player injured) so I'd rather see a guy in there that can contribute rather than just a guy in their to offset any further stupidity by San Jose (ie: sending out a goon squad at the end of the game).

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 12:52 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Well we have already used kneeing and boarding. I'm guessing tomorrow night, Trotz has told Kariya to spear Thornton until three to four of his ribs break. I guess that would be the proverbial Major/GM hattrick.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 12:58 AM
WineShark

Quote:
Well we have already used kneeing and boarding. I'm guessing tomorrow night, Trotz has told Kariya to spear Thornton until three to four of his ribs break. I guess that would be the proverbial Major/GM hattrick.
You forgot your ""

WineShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 01:25 AM
PlaywithGutz

hahaha ...didnt nash plan to put in Oglethorpe on Monday?...obviously I was kidding..i wouldnt want to offend anyone or have a mod give another infraction.....lolol

PlaywithGutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 01:28 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Actually, we still have boarding as a possibility. Radulov was called for "checking from behind" not boarding. I do like the Thornton idea though...maybe we can get another one of our "scrubs" to do it...maybe someone like Erat...yeah Erat...he's a scrub too.

And so I don't forget...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 01:54 AM
WineShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Whoever gets in the lineup is going to get very limited ice time barring any unforseen circumstances (we "take out" another San Jose player and get a game-misconduct or we have a player injured) so I'd rather see a guy in there that can contribute rather than just a guy in their to offset any further stupidity by San Jose (ie: sending out a goon squad at the end of the game).
We traded our goon (Parker) at the deadline to Colorado. We have 2 players that fight when needed: Clowe (8 fights) and Bell (9 fights). Others can handle themselves if needed (Thornton, Guerin, M. Smith, Rivet, Murray and Davison).

The other players on the ice last night were Grier, Hannan, and Goc. I would hardly call any of them goons. Grier had one fight this year. Hannan had 0, and Goc 0. Hannan hasn't had a fight since the '02-'03 season. Goc has no professional fights. That is borne out in the results as none of the combatants last night really were fighting except Clowe and Tootoo. The rest were dancing.

Trotz is whining about the Sharks gooning it up at the end. He said he "knew it was happening by the players they (SJS) put out there." But if Wilson wanted to really get a brawl going, he should have sent out Clowe, Guerin, Bell, and Rivet. Its hard to seriously accept his 'pollyannish' statement that 'We came here to play hockey tonight ... but they turned it into a street brawl." Radulov was no choir-boy last night, and Trotz is no fool. If he "knew what was happening" why send out Hartnell - the man of the Sharks ire?

What happened at the end was pretty standard hockey fare. The Sharks 'sent a message' to NAS that they 'wont tolerate having their players taken out.' From my POV, its all posturing from both sides including the fight.

Say what you want about Hartnell and Radulov incidents. Each side will have their own positioning because the League listens to the feel of the series when the mete out discipline. Trotz has his own non-credible whining, and the Sharks web site (SJSharks.com) is doing the Sharks posturing since Wilson took the 5th on the post game conference.

If it helps take out a player with additional league discipline, or if the League assesses another game misconduct in supplementay discipline, it weakens the other team in the Series. Its all part of the game and it all leads to series victories in the march to the cup. ( btw .......... is Trotz related to Danny DiVito?)

Old
04-15-2007, 05:11 AM
Sandmachine

As an outsider looking in....

I'm disappointed these two met in the first round....as in, I enjoy watching both teams and it's unfortunate one will have to bow out after just one series. They both play so physically and intense; it's exciting....not to mention all the skill on the ice at times.

I'd like the animosity to continue, but without any players getting seriously injured. I'd also like to see some star players drop the gloves like Thornton, Guerin, Arnott, Weber, etc.

Sandmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 10:40 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I wish they would have sent Bell out. Tootoo-Bell round 3 would have been too funny. Bell is not a very good fighter, Tootoo smoked him both of their previous fights, the first Bell turtled before the fight was over, the second Tootoo got Bell's jersey over his head and wore him out.

With Rads suspension, now you'll have Hordichuk in the Predators line-up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5pnDYi-LCU

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 11:54 AM
Olaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineShark View Post

Trotz is whining about the Sharks gooning it up at the end. He said he "knew it was happening by the players they (SJS) put out there." But if Wilson wanted to really get a brawl going, he should have sent out Clowe, Guerin, Bell, and Rivet. Its hard to seriously accept his 'pollyannish' statement that 'We came here to play hockey tonight ... but they turned it into a street brawl." Radulov was no choir-boy last night, and Trotz is no fool. If he "knew what was happening" why send out Hartnell - the man of the Sharks ire?
Bell probably told Wilson he didn't want to go......he hasn't really had the best outings vs. TooToo. Neither coach can sugar coat the crap they both pull,. just like both have to defend their players this time of year...

Olaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 12:27 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

I doubt he begged off. He's had 9 fights this year, and some with tougher folks than Tootoo. Though I agree, Jordan has had his number for sure

04-15-2007, 12:28 PM
predperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineShark View Post
SJSharks.com[/URL]) is doing the Sharks posturing since Wilson took the 5th on the post game conference.
I would say he (Wilson) did some fine posturing in this article:

Wilson bristles at claim series becoming a 'street brawl'

You know, as a fan, (if you can make your self remain just a little objective) this series is so much fun! It's comical watching each coach and each teams strategy. Enjoy it!

predperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 12:30 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by predperson View Post
You know, as a fan, (if you can make your self remain just a little objective) this series is so much fun! It's comical watching each coach and each teams strategy. Enjoy it!
It's like a soap opera for men.

SpinTheBlackCircle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 12:35 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild GM View Post
It's like a soap opera for men.
shh, predperson is a woman

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 12:43 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

I realized as soon as I hit enter how many woman are at the Sharks board and that this one is no different I am sure.

(And...I was a huge fan of Santa Barbara back in my school days, so there)

SpinTheBlackCircle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 02:11 PM
WineShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaf View Post
Bell probably told Wilson he didn't want to go......he hasn't really had the best outings vs. TooToo. Neither coach can sugar coat the crap they both pull,. just like both have to defend their players this time of year...
Bell is a willing fighter, but I agree, not a very good one. He probably wins at best half his fights. I can give you YouTube links to both owning and getting owned.

But he's getting better. I'm wondering if the Sharks color guy Marty McSorley is giving him some pointers.

Tootoo vs Bell (Bell is owned)
Bell vs Primeau (Bell let Preems off the hook. Decisive win.)

Last edited by WineShark: 04-15-2007 at 02:41 PM. Reason: added fight links
Old
04-15-2007, 02:20 PM
predperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
shh, predperson is a woman
yes....soap opera for fans of hockey!

predperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 02:35 PM
preds418

Quote:
Originally Posted by predperson View Post
yes....soap opera for fans of hockey!
Like sands from an hour glass.... These are the days on our ice! <Theme song>

preds418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 10:01 AM
Thundermare

In all honesty I would have expected more. Even if the play was probably not ment to injure but mostly an this kind of "overenthousiasm" extatic State Radu gets in when he's into hard level; competition. I thought he would get more because these boarding penatlties are extremely dangerous and Bernier's career could have ended right there.

I love watching Radu, I've watch him play in junior for the last two year and this year in Nashville. But sometimes he just gets in a transe where he is just a bit too much into it... jumping all around and getting soooooooo excited when scoring... He's a passionnate player and he probably just got a little tooo excited there...

But I don't really want to see him tame the lion in himself cause that passion is also the main reason why he's my favourite player in the entire NHL

Thundermare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 12:08 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Frustrating part about all of this is that I felt that Schubert's hit on Scuderi in Game 3 of the Pens/Sens series was a fair bit more dangerous than Radulov's hit. There was significantly more speed involved, and Schubert, in the replays I saw, seemed to make contact with Scuderi's head, bouncing it off the glass very hard. At least Radu can make the claim that it wasn't all that obvious that Bernier was off balance, further increasing the danger of impact.

The NHL really has no clue how to stop hits from behind for this very reason. Schubert probably won't receive a suspension and only received 2 minutes in box. And I don't think his opponent received a PP because they jumped Schubert afterwards. The message the NHL sends is that it is a veritable crapshoot. It's ok to take liberties with players against the boards because there's a good chance nothing major will be called, especially if there is no injury.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote