HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

McEachern and/or Kozlov asking prices?

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2004, 01:00 PM
slimer

vCash: 500
McEachern and/or Kozlov asking prices?

What would it take to pry either or both of those guys away from Atl? I'm asking from a STL perspective. Pleau has already stated that he won't deal Backman, Jackman, or any 1st round picks. Taking that into consideration, what would it take or is it possible?

BTW, i'm assuming that Kazlov's shoulder injury is minor, and he will be playing again soon. If that isn't the case, the please let me know.

Last edited by slimer: 02-19-2004 at 01:09 PM.
Old
02-19-2004, 03:07 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

I am certain both are signed through the next two years, so it would not be a typical playoff rental.

I would think the Thrashers would want a puck moving defenseman prospect or a potential Top 6 winger prospect.

Old
02-19-2004, 03:14 PM
Magnumteemu

the thrashers are incredibly weak in the defensive zone....i think they would possibly shop either of those guys for strong defencemen but nothing less than a roster player....the thrash dont have time for projects

Old
02-19-2004, 03:34 PM
ehc73

Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnumteemu
the thrashers are incredibly weak in the defensive zone....i think they would possibly shop either of those guys for strong defencemen but nothing less than a roster player....the thrash dont have time for projects
Don't have time for projects? Do you think the Thrashers are Cup contenders? If the answer is not "yes", then they do have time for projects. Granted they won't want prospects that are nowhere near NHL-ready yet, but I think they would go for NHL-ready prospects who need some ice time to develop properly. D-men is what they need, but they'll be getting bottom 3 d-men for those two. They'll have to wait for drafts to get top-3 or take on projects.

Old
02-19-2004, 03:45 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

The thrashers are weak in the d-zone, however if we are going to deal away offensive players we need an offensive player coming back because we don't have the depth to cover a McEachern or Kozlov leaving.

My proposal:
McEachern + Stefan + pick or d-man for Demitra

I rather keep Kozlov as he is more consistant than McEachern; we badly need a playmaking center for Kovalchuk and Demitra certainly fits the bill, how much does he make a season?

Old
02-19-2004, 03:49 PM
slimer

So how does this sound:

Atl gets:
Salvador
Boguniecki

Stl gets:
Kozlov
McEachern

Old
02-19-2004, 03:55 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimer
So how does this sound:

Atl gets:
Salvador
Boguniecki

Stl gets:
Kozlov
McEachern
Can the Blues put Sal in the deal w/o getting a Dman back?

Old
02-19-2004, 04:04 PM
slimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1
Can the Blues put Sal in the deal w/o getting a Dman back?
I think so. This would be the depth chart at the Blue line.

Pronger
Backman
Weinrich
Baron
Finley
Walker
Khavanov

In case of injury: Brimanis, Leflamme, Pollock, Stuart(even though he is currently injured)

Old
02-19-2004, 04:09 PM
Frenzy1

Is finnley back of IR yet? If so, then we could move Sal. You are also banking a lot on Walker coming back to form shown in training camp. It may take him a month + to get into game shape. Bogie is just starting to come around from his prolonged absence.

IMO, I would try to get McEachern for non-roster player and a pick. Sullivan went for 2 2nds and he is a better, younger player then Shawn at this point in their careers.

Old
02-19-2004, 05:34 PM
kimzey59

Quote:
So how does this sound:

Atl gets:
Salvador
Boguniecki

Stl gets:
Kozlov
McEachern
I'd have no prroblem moving Salvador if 2 legit scoring wingers were coming back our way, but Kozlov and McEachern are both career underachievers. While playing with Weight would certainly help i don't know if it would be enough to get them to play all-out. Also, if increasing offense is the goal, this trade sets us back. Bogi, Cajanek and Drake are the guys we want on our third line. It's true you have to give to get but I think if we wanted those two guys we could get them for less(think Rycroft instead of Bogi and Khavanov instead of Salvy).

Old
02-19-2004, 10:10 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
So how does this sound:

Atl gets:
Salvador
Boguniecki

Stl gets:
Kozlov
McEachern
I like Salvador, but the Thrashers are pretty much at the max with defenseman. This year we have already added Kloucek and Grand-Pierre.

The Thrashers already have too many grinder winger types, the problem is filling the future Top 6 winger slot both in the system and at the NHL level.

Closed Thread