HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Renney vs. Hartley

Old
04-13-2007, 09:53 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
I was impressed about the simplicity of the Rangers game plan and the willingness to live by it. In the 3rd the started passing rather than taking the shot and thrashers were begining to gain the upper hand......

Also i don't like our guys to be physically victimized like they did. We can't afford to
have Jagr, nylander, Prucha getting injured.......

Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 10:21 AM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Renney 1-0 Hartley

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 01:25 PM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyutin 51 View Post
Renney 1-0 Hartley
With Hartly's move to start Hedberg, depending on how that works out tomorrow, it could easily be Renney 2, Hartley -10

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by london ranger View Post
I was impressed about the simplicity of the Rangers game plan and the willingness to live by it. In the 3rd the started passing rather than taking the shot and thrashers were begining to gain the upper hand......
Yeah, in the 3rd though we really backed down and trapped, and I think it worked great untill they scored of a screw up on our part... They had huge problems getting anything working the first 5 minutes.

I think the talk from their guys is totally delusional, about how they picked it up in the 3rd. The game changed after it became a 1 goal game, where natrually one team starts defending and the other starts chasing.

If they play like that from the start tomorrow it will be 5-0 to us after the first.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 03:09 PM
BwayBshirt

one more thing...

about the decision to have orr over hollweg, i believe renney wanted to limit us having to kill off unnecessary penalties. which is what hollweg is prone to do. the flip side of course is that when he's not in the box hollweg is a pretty good pk'er.

BwayBshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 02:25 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

2-0 Renney...however...Hartley has made the 2 biggest effective moves so far...inserting Hedberg in which really worked...and changing his top line....by adding Jon Sim....which also worked.

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 02:28 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

2-0 Renney...lets judge the coaches by the games in the series...

Renney also hasn't had to make any real adjustments (although Hollweg for the useless Orr is a no brainer.)

Hartleys adjustments of Hedberg and changing the top line didn't matter in game 2...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
2-0 Renney...however...Hartley has made the 2 biggest effective moves so far...inserting Hedberg in which really worked...and changing his top line....by adding Jon Sim....which also worked.
I just finnished watching Detroit vs Calgary. 51-15 in shots.

If you play like Atlanta, or Calgary, these days its never really your game to win.

You need to keep your team together, to attack as a unit, if you live and die on quick breaks you won't carry enough players close to the puck so you can put enough pressure on it off a dump in. It will come back at you far to fast.

Its takes a long time to build a team that got a controlled transition game, in any way or form. We got a huge headstart with guys like Straka and Nylander who have been able to make up for the lack of great D's that we got. And if you don't do it well teams like ATL and Calgary will take advantage of it in a hurry. If you don't put up enough work they will take advantage of you.

With the new rules I belive that Heartly and "Sutter-hockey" is dead. This is something I've said 2 years ago, before a game was played with the new rules in the NHL. If these guys haven't gotten that now its a really bad grade.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 04:53 PM
BwayBshirt

when marian hossa and kozlov have had barely a pulse in the 2 games so far, tkachuk and kovalchuk maybe 1 tiny notch above that, and the best players for the thrashers are on the 3rd line then renney's defensive system has to be doing something right.

not to mention both games were on the road no less.

BwayBshirt is offline   Reply With Quote