HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

what was the thinking behind trading Dupuis?

Old
04-16-2007, 07:34 AM
geisenNYR

vCash: 500
We got a player who will be a top player in the league in about 5 years, for a guy who wasn't going to be resigned.
Also who would you scratch to have Dupuis in the lineup.

geisenNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 07:55 AM
Taz

hi London, do you remember Sam who used to work for the Racers? i work with him now, i also went to see 4 games when Cairns was playing

Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 08:38 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
Hi Taz
Give Sam my best....
It's been a while since I have been around these parts.....but looks like we got ourselves a team with chance to go bit further.....
Let's hope we do.

shame cairnsy is having trouble sticking around the show these days.

Let's go Rangers.

Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 08:47 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
Not trying to be offensive to this person when I ask this but, is this a serious question. I think the real question here is what was the thinking behind trading FOR dupuis???

Seriously, what has Dupuis done for Atlanta. There has only been 2 games played in this series. Dupuis had two points in the first one. Does this mean we should have kept him? He didnt show up on the scoresheet in the 2nd one. You can talk all you want about how fast he is but he did nothing here and he really hasnt done much in Atlanta. He runs around the ice trying to hit people, and when someone finally hits him (Ortmeyer, game 1), he goes down and doesnt get up because Avery is right, there's too much french canadian in him. He's pathetic and I'm glad we traded him. Look at what we got for him. Bourret is a top prospect. Waddell seriously has something wrong with himself for trading Bourret for Dupuis of all the players to trade for. He coulda cut a better deal and didnt. The Rangers won the deal by a landslide and they're winning this series 2-0. Dumb move by Atlanta.
ok - so Avery is right and Dupuis is, as you say pathetic with "too much french canadian in him" and we are getting back Alex Bourret, who is what?
From Nova Scotia?

Let's talk in 3-5 years time when Bourret lights the league up for the Rangers. Until
then I keep my own council on this.

Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 08:58 AM
J-Dawg

Avery > French Canadians

J-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 09:24 AM
philbo

Can we put this to bed already? Dupuis has one good game against us and now it's a big concern that we made a vet for youth trade? Are you kidding?

We traded him for now the 3rd ranked prospect in our entire organization. Ahead of dawes, dubi, sauer, sanguineti. Now will he be better than those guys who knows? But at least it was worth Pascal Dupuis for goodness sake, who is at best a third-liner, sppedster who excells on the PK. Like we don't have enough of those in this orginization. Who would he be playing over? Cally? Cullen? Hossa? Hollweg? There would be no spot for him, period.

I can't believe this thread has 5 pages to it.

Last edited by philbo: 04-16-2007 at 09:25 AM. Reason: sloppy typing
philbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 09:26 AM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by philbo View Post
Can we put this to bed already? Dupuis has one good game against us and now it's a big concern that we made a vet for youth trade? Are you kidding?

We traded him for now the 3rd ranked prospect in our entire organization. Ahead of dawes, dubi, sauer, sanguineti. Now will he be better than those guys who knows? But at least it was worth Pascal Dupuis for goodness sake, who is at best a third-liner, sppedster who excells on the PK. Like we don't have enough of those in this orginization. Who would he be playing over? Cally? Cullen? Hossa? Hollweg? There would be no spot for him, period.

I can't believe this thread has 5 pages to it.
+1

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 09:31 AM
Zirp

Agreed... this trade was all about potential. Dupuis has seemingly reached his and falls somewhere around the 3rd line. With Bourret, I believe we were hoping that he has the potential to at least match that, and perhaps be better. Nothing wrong with that trade. We have a ton of guys in Hartford that are 3rd liners with decent hands. LET'S GO RANGERS!

Zirp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 11:19 AM
NoCurse94

Send a message via AIM to NoCurse94
Quote:
Originally Posted by london ranger View Post
This guy is a stud! Can you imagine Dupuis along with Avery......

What did we get for him? A bag of pucks?

Why did we dump dupuis?
TWO WORDS: RYAN CALLAHAN

NoCurse94 is offline   Reply With Quote