HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PO GDT Sharks vs Predators Game #3

Old
04-16-2007, 08:20 AM
RollingPredFan

vCash: 500
PO GDT Sharks vs Predators Game #3

GAME 3 - WESTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS

San Jose Sharks VS Nashville Predators

Where: HP Pavilion Center

When: 9 PM CST
TV: Fox Sports Net, VS

Radio: 104.5 FM

In Net
SJ - Evgeni Nabakov
Nas - Tomas Vokoun

Sharks Injuries: RW Steve Bernier (neck) probable... Its a miracle!! LW Mark Bell (groin) doubtful

Predator Injuries - LW Steve Sullivan (back) - Out

Series tied 1-1

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 08:29 AM
xEx

For the last hour I've had the Rocky theme music playing in my head.

It's gonna be a great game. Wouldn't suprise me if we see Toskola at some point tonight.

xEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 08:30 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Hopefully we continue the trend of the away team winning the first game on the road. Pretty weird stat for this year.

If we take one of these games in SJ to get home ice back, I like our chances for the series overall. Lose them both...not so much.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 08:52 AM
Fraserburn

Send a message via MSN to Fraserburn
Game 3 is the turning point in any series
Nashville needs this one. It would be devastating mentally to the Sharks

Gotta get this one

Fraserburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 09:05 AM
RollingPredFan

The more I think on it the angrier I am getting LOL

Sigh I just hate that the Sharks know how to manipulate the media, the league into getting an advantage in the playoffs.

Im not saying Radulov is completely innocent, but in the same game he was run from behind. TSN could have shown that but they were too busy yelling at a overzealous rookie, with no prior history of being dirty.

Oh well the best way to stick it to them is to win. If we take this game without Radulov, and on the road we will be in excellent shape.

Old
04-16-2007, 09:26 AM
Jarnberg

We really need to take one of these two games. We cannot go back to Nashville down 3-1 and have the momentum in San Jose's favor. I'd prefer to go ahead and win tonight, but we'll take what we can get.

We have a couple of thinks going against us though. First of all, we've never won a road playoff game in our short playoff history. Two, we play terrible on National TV.

We have to come out firing early and get the lead as soon as possible. Then we can skate and try to draw some penalties. We cannot get put in the box this game. Somehow I see the San Jose power play waking up torching us.

It will be interesting to see what is done with Forsberg since Radulov is out. I'm guessing Hartnell moves down.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 09:30 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
We really need to take one of these two games. We cannot go back to Nashville down 3-1 and have the momentum in San Jose's favor. I'd prefer to go ahead and win tonight, but we'll take what we can get.

We have a couple of thinks going against us though. First of all, we've never won a road playoff game in our short playoff history. Two, we play terrible on National TV.

We have to come out firing early and get the lead as soon as possible. Then we can skate and try to draw some penalties. We cannot get put in the box this game. Somehow I see the San Jose power play waking up torching us.

It will be interesting to see what is done with Forsberg since Radulov is out. I'm guessing Hartnell moves down.
Need you ask? What does Trotz do every time a spot in the top lines opens? Here's a hint: you can say his name with only numbers!

Old
04-16-2007, 09:42 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

My office is closed for the day, due to intense rain from the Nor'easter that's been pounding the east coast.

I can only take this as a good portent!

Old
04-16-2007, 09:48 AM
RollingPredFan

hehe well enjoy your day off, keep dry

I read McGeough is reffing tonight

Something tells me there will alot of PP's. If that does happen we'll be on an uphill climb LOL

Old
04-16-2007, 09:50 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingPredFan View Post
hehe well enjoy your day off, keep dry

I read McGeough is reffing tonight

Something tells me there will alot of PP's. If that does happen we'll be on an uphill climb LOL
I'd rather Magoo than Van Massenhoven, who has a grudge against us that goes back to last season, apparently.

Old
04-16-2007, 09:52 AM
Olaf

Trotz menitoned either Hordy or VV will play tonight.....could be interesting.

Olaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 10:22 AM
RollingPredFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaf View Post
Trotz menitoned either Hordy or VV will play tonight.....could be interesting.
Tennessean said this:

Quote:
Hordichuk ready: Trotz said he's likely to insert Darcy Hordichuk into the lineup tonight as a replacement for Radulov.

The Predators had considered recalling Ramzi Abid or Rich Peverley from Milwaukee, but Trotz said he's more likely to go with the physical Hordichuk. He also left open the possibility of using Vitaly Vishneski and going with seven defensemen.

Hordichuk never has played in an NHL postseason game.

"It's a great opportunity to show what I can do,'' Hordichuk said. "I know it's a physical series, but I think a few of their guys have been taking liberties on our star players. So I'll get out there, run around a little, be physical and maybe even go to the net and score a goal."

Old
04-16-2007, 10:56 AM
Nacho
Special

Quote:
Tennessean said this:
Hmm, so the Preds are going to rough up San Jose a little for once...

Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 11:00 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho View Post
Hmm, so the Preds are going to rough up San Jose a little for once...

Game 3, not that we need this game but, ok yeah, we need this game.

Let's Go Preds!!!

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 11:09 AM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Quote:
"It's a great opportunity to show what I can do,'' Hordichuk said. "I know it's a physical series, but I think a few of their guys have been taking liberties on our star players. So I'll get out there, run around a little, be physical and maybe even go to the net and score a goal."

I like it. Darcy will come out with fire in his boots.

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 11:20 AM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Things we can expect from this game:

- J.P. scores twice.
- One Pred with a game misconduct.
- Forsberg with at least 1 point.
- Hartnell at least 15 PIM.
- Ron Wilson with a tear-filled post-game interview.

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 12:55 PM
Nitrous Mafia

I'd really like to see VV play tonight.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 01:25 PM
Fraserburn

I know its too important to try and experiment in the playoffs
but i think Nashville might be better off with Zidlicky playing forward and VV on the point than having Hordi in there

I'd have to guess Hordi would log less minutes than VV

Old
04-16-2007, 01:38 PM
WineShark
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Sigh I just hate that the Sharks know how to manipulate the media, the league into getting an advantage in the playoffs.
Respectfully, both sides are manipulating the media. Wilson is demanding suspensions and Trotz says things like "When you review it in slow motion, the Hartnell hit didn't deserve a penalty" or, "We came to play hockey....and they want to turn it into street brawl." when he had last change and sent Tootoo out last.

Its playoff hockey. I dont want to rationalize you out of hating the Sharks or their fans. Villians are in part what make the game so intriguing. But it is kind of strange that both sides seem more irritated at the respective teams whining coaches versus the players. I dont see Sharks fans really hating Radulov or Hartnell for their hits, but mention Raffi Torres (link) from last year .... you'll get some hate.

I hope the series gets back to hockey tonight and we can find some heros instead of villians, and a little less press for the coaches who should be in the background.

WineShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 01:56 PM
RollingPredFan

Well Trotzy has used hyperbole, theres no doubt. But all of your best players are going to be on the ice tonight and we won't have ours. I see hits in the back in several games and ONLY Radulov's is scrutinized in the media, and punished by the league. And the guys we 'cheapshotted' will be playing tonight, and we were led to believe their careers were threatened.

I dont expect you to agree, but I think its unfair.

And yes I would rather we get back to 5 on 5, physical hockey with no cry for any player to be suspended LOL

Old
04-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Olaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineShark View Post

Its playoff hockey. I dont want to rationalize you out of hating the Sharks or their fans. Villians are in part what make the game so intriguing. But it is kind of strange that both sides seem more irritated at the respective teams whining coaches versus the players. I dont see Sharks fans really hating Radulov or Hartnell for their hits, but mention Raffi Torres (link) from last year .... you'll get some hate.

What did Torres get for that hit?
So far out of what I would term two lesser hits the two Pred players have recieved a couple 5 minute majors, a couple game penalites and one game suspension.
I don't hate the Sharks players or fans at all.....but it gets kind of old in a series so far with plenty of questionable hits that if you require medical attention and have your coach complain enough then you get more severe penalites. In particular when those injured players seem fine the next day.
Sharks and fans shouldn't hate the Preds for the hits, they should hate they did not take advantage in game 2.

And given the hit by Schubert yesterday...the Hartnell hit was nothing.

I will say, this makes for some great playoff hockey..

Olaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 02:13 PM
WineShark
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Well Trotzy has used hyperbole, theres no doubt. But all of your best players are going to be on the ice tonight and we won't have ours. I see hits in the back in several games and ONLY Radulov's is scrutinized in the media, and punished by the league. And the guys we 'cheapshotted' will be playing tonight, and we were led to believe their careers were threatened.

I dont expect you to agree, but I think its unfair.

And yes I would rather we get back to 5 on 5, physical hockey with no cry for any player to be suspended LOL
I understand your point. It's unfair if we have Bernier back and you still have Rudalov out. Our player is in and your's is out. I see that inequity.

But Bernier is still a GT decision. Would it be more fair if he felt dizzy in warm-ups and couldn't go? Would it have been more fair to not suspend Radulov given the backdrop of the series so far, and then see Bernier not pass his baseline and be out for the series, so Radulov would be in and Bernier out? And what about Hartnell? He is still 100% and Cheechoo was playing at 50% last game.

Its hard to be "fair." I think the League and the refs have done a pretty good job of evening things up so far - all things considered, and hope the focus can return to physical and entertaining hockey instead of hearing all this noise in the background about dirty play and whining coaches.

Good luck tonight!

Old
04-16-2007, 02:36 PM
Burnaby_Joe*

Go Preds Go!

Burnaby_Joe* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 02:36 PM
WineShark
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaf View Post
What did Torres get for that hit?
I dont think Torres even was penalized on the play, but I dont remember for sure. The fact he was over at the bench talking to his mates tells you he didnt even get a minor for the play. I dont remember if the League handed out supplementary discipline either but they may have. The hit ended Michaleks series though. That I remember, and he had post-concussion syndrome for months as I recall.

But again, its not reasonable to presume that Chechoo or Bernier were laying on the ice to dress up an injury so as to get a Pred suspended, or that there is a League conspiracy so the Preds will lose and move to KC, or a directive from RW, or any such conspiracy. Neither player came back to the ice. They were unable to play. And specifically to that point - there is nobody in the press who questions Cheechoo or Berniers conditions. Why? Name any NHL'er that would lay on the ice and feign a serious injury, then not come back to play in the playoffs if they really could play? NHL players will play hurt. Cheechoo played about 50% in game 2. He played hurt. There was no miraculous recovery.

Think of it this way, do you honestly believe if the roles were reversed that Kairya would pretend he was more hurt than he was, so Clowe would get ejected? Its a bad trade. Karyia is one of the teams best players and he is a tough player too. He would let his own teammates down to not be on the ice. In the case of the Hartnell incident, you think Cheechoo as the teams top scorer, would lay on the trainers table with the game in OT? These guys are too accountable to each other to even consider that behavior.

Old
04-16-2007, 02:56 PM
Fraserburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineShark View Post
I dont think Torres even was penalized on the play, but I dont remember for sure. The fact he was over at the bench talking to his mates tells you he didnt even get a minor for the play. I dont remember if the League handed out supplementary discipline either but they may have. The hit ended Michaleks series though. That I remember, and he had post-concussion syndrome for months as I recall.

But again, its not reasonable to presume that Chechoo or Bernier were laying on the ice to dress up an injury so as to get a Pred suspended, or that there is a League conspiracy so the Preds will lose and move to KC, or a directive from RW, or any such conspiracy. Neither player came back to the ice. They were unable to play. And specifically to that point - there is nobody in the press who questions Cheechoo or Berniers conditions. Why? Name any NHL'er that would lay on the ice and feign a serious injury, then not come back to play in the playoffs if they really could play? NHL players will play hurt. Cheechoo played about 50% in game 2. He played hurt. There was no miraculous recovery.

Think of it this way, do you honestly believe if the roles were reversed that Kairya would pretend he was more hurt than he was, so Clowe would get ejected? Its a bad trade. Karyia is one of the teams best players and he is a tough player too. He would let his own teammates down to not be on the ice. In the case of the Hartnell incident, you think Cheechoo as the teams top scorer, would lay on the trainers table with the game in OT? These guys are too accountable to each other to even consider that behavior.

Its all in how the Ref's call it and media covers it afterwards.

The Media latched onto the Hartnell hit and the Radulov hit after the referee's called the 5's. Now whether the media did that because of the whining done be both coaches that can be left up to debate, but

Clowe hit radulov from behind and got the 2 for boarding

Boogard kneed' Anaheim's Huskins really bad later that night (i believe) after the radulov hit and only got a 2 minute kneeing penalty

and then Schubert last night with the hit on Scuderi only got a 2 for boarding

no media outcry for either of those 3 IMO Dirty plays

but there was media outcry for the Hartnell/Radulov.......and for a clean hit on Eaves go figure

I place complete blame on Inconsistent Reffing which in turn implicates NHL Head office for their directives and on the Media

Like it or not the talking heads and the talking blimp head bob mckenzie influence NHL Head office