Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Couple of observations from Wed night

Old
04-13-2007, 12:01 PM
The Big E

vCash: 500
Couple of observations from Wed night

What's with the defensive breakdowns on Wednesday? It seemed so atypical for the Wild. So many odd man rushes, 3 breakaways ... completely uncharacteristic. Regardless, we were in this one.

Another thing that was uncharacteristic was how we dumped the puck in for the 1st half of the third period EVEN when the player could've skated it in. This reminded me of the '03 series when we were gassed and Jiggy got in our heads.

I'd forgotten what a dirty player Rob Niedermaier is. He has always played at the borderline between barely legal and dirty. Combine that with his passing, skating, positioning and its no wonder he's a Hall-of-Famer to be. With him and Pronger back there, its gonna be a long series.

I was impressed on how Foster kept Dustin Penner under control. It was good to see Foster using his size ... something he's done much more this season.

Burns was awesome. He caught Nieds (the Rob version) on a breakaway (which says something about Burnsie's speed) and his diving stick check did enough to thwart the chance ... unbelievable

I agree with others that have posted about the refs missed about a dozen clear interference calls. I wonder if the Ducks will get away with it tonight?

The Big E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 12:11 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Pssst... Rob Niedermayer doesn't play defense. I don't disagree that he does a lot of little chippy things during the game, but so do a lot of great players.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 04:59 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

you may have scott and rob mixed up bud...

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 11:41 AM
The Big E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Pssst... Rob Niedermayer doesn't play defense. I don't disagree that he does a lot of little chippy things during the game, but so do a lot of great players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceUNO View Post
you may have scott and rob mixed up bud...
Yea ... I realized that later that night ... I will go feel shame now.

The Big E is offline   Reply With Quote