HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT-Virginia Tech

Old
04-16-2007, 03:11 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

vCash: 500
First off my thoughts and prayers to the family of this terrible tradgedy. But secondly how does something like this happen on a college campus? I mean I can almost understand things like this happening in a high school because atleast there you have the whole bully factor etc etc, but on a college campus?Has there been a report if it was a student or just some radom guy?? Either way this seems like a sensless tradgedy and again my thoughts and prayers go out to the family's.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 03:14 PM
finger11

rumors that it was a male... pissed about an ex. 4:30 press conference there, sucks, i have a bunch of friends whose younger brothers/sisters are there. apparently he shot around in a dorm, then into the engineering classroom 2 hours later. shot the professor in the classroom, then came back and shot a bunch more.

finger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 03:15 PM
finger11

b ut yea, when he comes back 2 hours later and there are cops/swat/fbi/etc all around, how the hell does this happen?

finger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 03:17 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by finger11 View Post
rumors that it was a male... pissed about an ex. 4:30 press conference there, sucks, i have a bunch of friends whose younger brothers/sisters are there. apparently he shot around in a dorm, then into the engineering classroom 2 hours later. shot the professor in the classroom, then came back and shot a bunch more.
that makes me even more angry about it.. unbelievable

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 03:35 PM
shmekel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
EDIT: This madness HAVE to stop! Restrictions need to be made. To think of all this kids that got murdered, kids with a future... really sad.
Edit: Never mind what I said - I agree that this is no place for a gun debate.

Last edited by shmekel: 04-16-2007 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Common decency
shmekel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 03:35 PM
shoothepuck

32 dead now, (as they are counting the ******* shooter in the total), and many more wounded in surgery.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 03:42 PM
Balej20*

Unbelievable. Just sick.

What I cannot understand right now is how 2 hours later, people were still on the campus while the killer was at large. That is very disturbing to me. How the campus is not evacuated IMMEDIATELY after the first incident is beyond me. I know I personally woul dhave high tailed it out of there as soon as I got wind of what went down in the dorms. School officials and security should be ashamed of themselves.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 03:42 PM
Insta
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerbunny1024 View Post
yup, this is the worst school shooting on record in American history. 31 dead so far, lots more injured. i think Columbine was 24.
Columbine was around 12 or so, or was it 12 students and a teacher? Regardless, this is a horrible tragedy and hopefully these students will not die in vein.

Insta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 03:44 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
I think its absolutely disgusting that virginia tech allowed normal activity to go on eventually leading to 30 more deaths

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 03:45 PM
shmekel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Unbelievable. Just sick.

What I cannot understand right now is how 2 hours later, people were still on the campus while the killer was at large. That is very disturbing to me. How the campus is not evacuated IMMEDIATELY after the first incident is beyond me. I know I personally woul dhave high tailed it out of there as soon as I got wind of what went down in the dorms. School officials and security should be ashamed of themselves.
The University administration holds some responsibility (albeit much less than the disturbed @#$%& who did the shooting) for allowing the campus to remain open after the 1st shooting.

Last edited by shmekel: 04-16-2007 at 03:45 PM. Reason: grammar
Old
04-16-2007, 04:01 PM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmekel View Post
The University administration holds some responsibility (albeit much less than the disturbed @#$%& who did the shooting) for allowing the campus to remain open after the 1st shooting.
Yeah I would have either locked my door and hid in my room or got the f out of there as quickly as possible.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 04:04 PM
Ola

Saw Bush comment on the matter, how can he have stomach to do that?

Id like to see someone kill 31 people with a one bullet hunting rifle or a kitchen knife.

Sickening.

Ps. If I have missed a legit purpose for anyone to carry a automatic weapond in a modern society (besides making a few billonairs richer) I take back everything ds.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 04:06 PM
Amateur Hour

The entire VT administration should be fired. Anyone watching CNN right now and listening to their pathetic attempt to explain why they didn't lock down the campus after the first shooting was reported knows what I'm talking about.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 04:08 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9teen7ty5 View Post
The entire VT administration should be fired. Anyone watching CNN right now and listening to their pathetic attempt to explain why they didn't lock down the campus after the first shooting was reported knows what I'm talking about.
Agreed. There are alot of questions and blame to pass around to alot of different people. This could have been prevented. Or at least minimized.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 04:14 PM
Balej20*

You can count on Law suits galore against Va Tech now. Oh boy, they are screwed...and rightly so. They royally royally **** up.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 04:19 PM
JR#9*

Terrible. What a tragedy.

JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 04:20 PM
shmekel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post
Yeah I would have either locked my door and hid in my room or got the f out of there as quickly as possible.
There shouldn't have been any reason to open campus at all. From this article, the administration first sent out an email 2 hours after the first shooting - right as the next massacre was going on.

Quote:
Students complained that there were no public-address announcements or other warnings on campus after the first burst of gunfire. They said the first word they received from the university was an e-mail more than two hours into the rampage around the time the gunman struck again.

Old
04-16-2007, 04:29 PM
VJ Rangerfan

Send a message via AIM to VJ Rangerfan
Can't believe this person was able to do what he did in the first hall and then TWO hours later kill another 30 and injure 28.. The security and police response was unacceptable and my heart goes out to the students killed, their friends and families, and the students who had class with them and now have to live with this forever..

Such a horrible tragedy

VJ Rangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 04:46 PM
Fotiu22

Send a message via AIM to Fotiu22
Quote:
I have to disagree. As someone with Law Enforcement experience maybe I see it from a slightly different angle. When the police respond they do not know exactly what happened until they get there and conduct an investigation. If it was, as one previous poster stated, a jealous ex-boyfriend it would be reasonable to believe that he was the primary suspect and that this was his intended target and an isolated incident. I am sure their first priority was on identifying and locating the suspect. Homicide investigations take time, we cannot say that anyone even knew who the suspect was, whether or not he was a student or if they were under the impression he fled the scene/campus and was long gone.

That being said, if they described him as wearing a vest with ammunition all over it, then YES they needed to shut down the school immediately. But none of us were there, the facts have not been released yet, so to criticize the police or administrations decisions would be premature IMHO.

Fotiu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 04:49 PM
Fotiu22

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ Rangerfan View Post
Can't believe this person was able to do what he did in the first hall and then TWO hours later kill another 30 and injure 28.. The security and police response was unacceptable and my heart goes out to the students killed, their friends and families, and the students who had class with them and now have to live with this forever..

Such a horrible tragedy
yes, a horrible tragedy indeed. You have no idea how the security/police response was so to call it unacceptable is not fair. Remember that the first incident was considered an isolated incident and the police response was to that location. That location was on the OPPOSITE END of a 2600 acre campus.

lets place blame where it belongs, on the coward who committed these senseless crimes.

Old
04-16-2007, 04:51 PM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
Quote:
They looked like idots up there, should have had someone prep them to look strong and do damage control.... they didnt and it showed big time...

Edit: you cant blame or not blame them at this point, it is still way too early, but their image did not come across and very convincing and strong which was a big big BIG mistake....

I know some people down there... finally got ahold of them and they were ok...

During the Noon Newscast I was directing today it was tough cause we kept going back to it and around that time is when they went from 1 to 22 confirmed deaths.... it was tough not to think about my friends down there but work is work and you gotta keep focused...

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Larry Melnyk

Let's hold off on laying blame untill all the facts are in..It's a known fact that shooter/bombers use school's warning and emergency plans against them in their planning and in some instances have infact planned on locked downs..and why lockdowns are frowned upon by some experts and often not advised as proceedure/policy....Add to that the huge and Spread out campus in Blacksburg,,..OTOH it could have been horrific incompetence by the Virginia Tech adminisration.....This will all come out in the next few days...And then there's the gun issue....God, what a tragedy

Anyway, It's secondary right now to the sensleless tragedy befalling so many families and friends...From a persoanl standpoint, it's a very somber day down here in VA...Persoanlly, I have two co-workers with kids down there (luckily, both fine) and my duaghter is already planning on going to VA Tech in another year..More immediate, she and we have at least 10-15 friends (and parents of friends) down there right now, some of which we have yet to hear news about...Saying our prayers..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 05:06 PM
Fotiu22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Let's hold off on laying blame untill all the facts are in..It's a known fact that shooter/bombers use school's warning and emergency plans against them in their planning and in some instances have infact planned on locked downs..and why lockdowns are frowned upon by some experts and often not advised as proceedure/policy....Add to that the huge and Spread out campus in Blacksburg,,..OTOH it could have been horrific incompetence by the Virginia Tech adminisration.....This will all come out in the next few days...And then there's the gun issue....God, what a tragedy

Anyway, It's secondary right now to the sensleless tragedy befalling so many families and friends...From a persoanl standpoint, it's a very somber day down here in VA...Persoanlly, I have two co-workers with kids down there (luckily, both fine) and my duaghter is already planning on going to VA Tech in another year..More immediate, she and we have at least 10-15 friends (and parents of friends) down there right now, some of which we have yet to hear news about...Saying our prayers..
Our prayers are with you and your family/friends.

Old
04-16-2007, 05:08 PM
Avery Ranger Fan

A horrible tragedy, My prayers and thought to all the families, friends, and love ones. No parent should have to endure this type of pain and suffering of such a sensless act.

Avery Ranger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 05:10 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Thoughts and prayers for all of them.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote