HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

The NEW Official MMA Thread (Pride and UFC etc)

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2007, 05:22 PM
QuickDynamite

vCash: 500
I've got to say Fedor was lucky he didn't get a point taken away. Technically he didn't hold the ropes but he almost wrapped his arm around the rope instead. I'm not convinced Lindland would have won anyways if he got the takedown but it was a smart veteran move by Fedor.

He was bleeding pretty bad after as well but i'm pretty sure that just opened up his old cut from when he got a head butt from Nogueira.

Old
04-16-2007, 09:50 AM
MrMastodonFarm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapel113x View Post
I apologize if I spoiled the results for anyone who wanted to order the PPV.
lol.. not that I am going to order it, but maybe you should post stuff like this a little different next time?

Old
04-16-2007, 05:25 PM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt MacInnis View Post
Bottom line is that Nick Diaz broke the rules.

I agree that they need to be far more consistent. In fact, I feel there should be predetermined penalties for each infraction. But at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is that you need to expect to be punished when you cheat - and that is what taking a banned substance is.
I agree that he should be punished just not so severely. What really pisses me off and what I was referring to with that comment is the people on some of the forums claiming Diaz's win wasn't legit because he had weed in his system which is ludicrous. Pot is not performence enhancing especially when you smoke it a week before the fight. Diaz proved he was the better fighter on that night.

Old
04-16-2007, 05:49 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC 467.850
Administration or use of alcohol, stimulants, drugs or injections; urinalysis or chemical tests; disciplinary action. (NRS 467.030)

1. The administration of or use of any:

(a) Alcohol;

(b) Stimulant; or

(c) Drug or injection that has not been approved by the Commission, including, but not limited to, the drugs or injections listed in subsection 2,

in any part of the body, either before or during a contest or exhibition, to or by any unarmed combatant, is prohibited.

2. The following types of drugs, injections or stimulants are prohibited pursuant to subsection 1:

(a) Afrinol or any other product that is pharmaceutically similar to Afrinol.

(b) Co-Tylenol or any other product that is pharmaceutically similar to Co-Tylenol.

(c) A product containing an antihistamine and a decongestant.

(d) A decongestant other than a decongestant listed in subsection 4.

(e) Any over-the-counter drug for colds, coughs or sinuses other than those drugs listed in subsection 4. This paragraph includes, but is not limited to, Ephedrine, Phenylpropanolamine, and Mahuang and derivatives of Mahuang.

3. The following types of drugs or injections are not prohibited pursuant to subsection 1, but their use is discouraged by the Commission:

(a) Aspirin and products containing aspirin.

(b) Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories.

4. The following types of drugs or injections are approved by the Commission:

(a) Antacids, such as Maalox.

(b) Antibiotics, antifungals or antivirals that have been prescribed by a physician.

(c) Antidiarrheals, such as Imodium, Kaopectate or Pepto-Bismol.

(d) Antihistamines for colds or allergies, such as Bromphen, Brompheniramine, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Chlor-Trimeton, Dimetane, Hismal, PBZ, Seldane, Tavist-1 or Teldrin.

(e) Antinauseants, such as Dramamine or Tigan.

(f) Antipyretics, such as Tylenol.

(g) Antitussives, such as Robitussin, if the antitussive does not contain codeine.

(h) Antiulcer products, such as Carafate, Pepcid, Reglan, Tagamet or Zantac.

(i) Asthma products in aerosol form, such as Brethine, Metaproterenol (Alupent) or Salbutamol (Albuterol, Proventil or Ventolin).

(j) Asthma products in oral form, such as Aminophylline, Cromolyn, Nasalide or Vanceril.

(k) Ear products, such as Auralgan, Cerumenex, Cortisporin, Debrox or Vosol.

(l) Hemorrhoid products, such as Anusol-HC, Preparation H or Nupercainal.

(m) Laxatives, such as Correctol, Doxidan, Dulcolax, Efferyllium, Ex-Lax, Metamucil, Modane or Milk of Magnesia.

(n) Nasal products, such as AYR Saline, HuMist Saline, Ocean or Salinex.

(o) The following decongestants:

(1) Afrin;

(2) Oxymetazoline HCL Nasal Spray; or

(3) Any other decongestant that is pharmaceutically similar to a decongestant listed in subparagraph (1) or (2).

5. An unarmed combatant shall submit to a urinalysis or chemical test before or after a contest or exhibition if the Commission or a representative of the Commission directs him to do so.

6. A licensee who violates any provision of this section is subject to disciplinary action by the Commission. In addition to any other disciplinary action by the Commission, if an unarmed combatant who won or drew a contest or exhibition is found to have violated the provisions of this section, the Commission may, in its sole discretion, change the result of that contest or exhibition to a no decision.
I don't like the complete discretionary powers in this considering how much in bed the UFC is with NSAC.

Old
04-16-2007, 08:55 PM
QuickDynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
lol.. not that I am going to order it, but maybe you should post stuff like this a little different next time?
What do you mean? If it was on Sherdog that's one thing but I doubt anyone was going to order Bodog anyways. If its PRIDE or UFC that's one thing I wouldn't want to be spoiled about the results but the smaller shows I don't really care.

Closed Thread