HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

New Jersey-Minnesota snoozefest

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2004, 01:43 AM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Debunking the myth one commentator at a time...

Chico: "Most people in the media would have thought this game would've had no scoring chances, but thats not how these 2 teams play anymore. The writers just recycle what they have been saying for a few years".

Emrick: "Well to not recycle those opinions would require some people to actually do some work".

Old
02-20-2004, 08:45 AM
Snakeeye

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
Pressure forecheck system...sounds like the Wild system of play...

So it's the trap if the Wild play and a pressued forecheck system if the Flames play?
You dont even watch hockey, do you?

Quote:
And how many times have the Flames won...oh yeah once and haven't gone back since...
Won what? A Cup? I doubt a Canucks fan would go there...

Old
02-20-2004, 11:18 AM
jerseydevil

I don't know if anyone else lives in NYC area...but here is a real problem with the way hockey is portaryed by the media around here. The post wrote an article on how you "would have to drink lots of coffee if you wanted to stay awake during this game"...Then the game happens and it is end to end action with 70 shots and 8 goals....So the next day in the paper the article says nothing about a great entertaining game..it says Brodeur played like crap and may be hurt...Fans who don't know the game only believe what they read in the papers...It's absolulely ridiculous.

Old
02-20-2004, 11:49 AM
tmg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnytheman
I remember everyone talking about how boring a game this would be at the beginning of the season (I thought the same, to a certain extent).

Well, 8 goals scored and a total of 80 shots, including a hat-trick by Gaborik and 2 goals by Gionta.

Seems to have been pretty exciting if you ask me.
It's doubly amusing when you consider that, only one night before, Vancouver and Colorado played a game with a grand total of 1 goal and under 50 shots.

Not that there's anything wrong with that... I watched and enjoyed both games. But it's amusing to see the league's 'most offense-oriented' teams play to the lowest-scoring decision possible, followed by the two most defense-oriented teams playing a game in whch both of them well exceeded the league average number of shots and goals in a game.

Closed Thread