HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Shea Webber Injury

Old
04-16-2007, 10:47 PM
therealdeal

vCash: 500
Shea Webber Injury

Does anyone know how serious Webbers foot is hurt? It looks like its broken by the way he is skating and the guard on it. If this is true, it really hurts Nashville, and also my pool.

BTW, its his left foot, has anyone seen him take a shot or a slash?

therealdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 11:27 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdeal View Post
Does anyone know how serious Webbers foot is hurt? It looks like its broken by the way he is skating and the guard on it. If this is true, it really hurts Nashville, and also my pool.

BTW, its his left foot, has anyone seen him take a shot or a slash?
he's playing...

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 01:12 AM
TrappedInFullerton
Murray SMASH

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
he's playing...
I was about to say, ***... when'd he get injured! But yeah... unless he got injured at the very end of the game... ERAT got injured, any news on him yet? Reinjured his leg?

TrappedInFullerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 10:29 PM
therealdeal

Oh he's playing, but you can tell by the way he's skating that he's hurt. He was getting beat a lot the other night, and thats not like Webber.

therealdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 10:56 PM
USF Shark
ZŰion politikÚn

any news on Erat.......I know they keep things really on the down low during the playoffs, but any indication how seriously he's hurt?

Old
04-17-2007, 10:59 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Ron Wilson View Post
any news on Erat.......I know they keep things really on the down low during the playoffs, but any indication how seriously he's hurt?
None. The only thing we know is that Ramzi Abid was recalled.

He had a decent stretch for us when everyone was hurt, earlier in the year...but I won't pretend he's a replacement for Erat. The only positive is that he's a little bigger than most of our forwards.

As for Weber...absolutely no mention was made of an injury in today's paper...even in veiled terms, so I'm guessing maybe he just took a shot off of it and had it stung a bit.

Old
04-18-2007, 10:57 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Who is this Webber you speak of?

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 02:45 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Who is this Webber you speak of?
Chris Webber!

Old
04-18-2007, 02:55 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Despite most people dismissing TRD's query...I posted in the Game 3 GDT that I too thought he looked like he had a protective boot over his left skate and was having a lot of difficulty with the foot...especially turning and in close contact play.

My thoughts from immediately after the game...
Quote:
Concerned about Weber. Someone mentioned in another thread that he has a guard on his foot and in the third period after I read the post...I too thought it looked like he was wearing a protective boot over his skate (I think the left) and wasn't really pushing off of that foot especially in close quarters, but even more so whenever he needed to turn. Any injury to Shea would be critical in this series, but a lower body injury would be more devastating than an upper body injury IMO.
Watch tonight and look for his skates. It appears that you can see the white laces on the right skate, but it is solid black on the left skate...leading me to believe that he is wearing one of the protective boots that Zanon started wearing early in the season and that Hartnell is now wearing coming back from his broken foot.

Weber was beat to the outside a lot in the last game and was also beaten out of the corners a couple of times when he simply got outmanuevered by his check. Now I'm not taking anything away from the talent level of the Sharks he was playing against, but Shea normally does not get beat like he did in Game 3.

Something to keep an eye on for sure tonight...if Vishnevski is dressed...you can bet it is for this.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 05:03 PM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post

Watch tonight and look for his skates. It appears that you can see the white laces on the right skate, but it is solid black on the left skate...leading me to believe that he is wearing one of the protective boots that Zanon started wearing early in the season and that Hartnell is now wearing coming back from his broken foot.
He definitely had the kevlar protective shield over his left boot at the skate laces like Zanon wears.

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote