HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What changes should be made to game ops/presentation next year?

Old
04-16-2007, 08:10 PM
IgnatiusReilly

vCash: 500
They should really get rid of the Donatos Pizza Shuffle... or at least revamp it. You don't even have to watch it to know where the pizza ends up (2 spots to the right of where it started every time.. or 1 spot to the left I guess)

Last edited by IgnatiusReilly: 04-16-2007 at 08:16 PM.
IgnatiusReilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 09:03 PM
SvitsFan

Can we get rid of the 'fan stand' guy, or whatever his name is? He kinda annoys me, and we need some more different things instead of always having him on the jumbotron.

We need different in-house stuff. Funnier clips (Like the penalty-box stuff) more random player questions (Fritsche and his love of tootsie rolls) and cool stuff like that.

I remember on one of the 'Saturday night with the jackets' they somehow convinced Z to be on there. That was pretty cool if they can get Thinpole to cooperate

SvitsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 09:31 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr88bd View Post
Rename the locker rooms "The Billets" or "Encampments", the penalty box can be "the Stockade", the visitors bench area can be called " The Cannon fodder seats", home bench area could be "The Firing Line", The Blueline could become "The Battery" and the area can be "The Armament"
I love your ideas.....if many of these terms could become reality I think our Columbus theater of war would be second to none......

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 10:31 PM
Mr Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagpanzer View Post
The Blueline should become The Armory

I totally love the idea of calling the rink The Battlefield
When those dang Rebs from Nashville was in town we could call them "Johnny Preds."

(Obscure I know.)

Seriously, let's not kill the Civil War thing by going Union army on everything.
If we're going to over do it, let's overdue it with trades.

Mr Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 10:38 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Next time the Thrashers come to town, who's gonna make the sign that says:
"Go Blue Jackets, Burn Atlanta Again!"

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 11:13 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Next time the Thrashers come to town, who's gonna make the sign that says:
"Go Blue Jackets, Burn Atlanta Again!"
I will....but I'm not a mid west Columbus conservative type... you know, I'm a "give me a Bud Light, you got a problem with that!"

In fact, we should have a big picture of Sherman, who was born in Lancaster 30 miles down the pike BTW, hanging from the rafters.....

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 11:46 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
So setting the visitors (Atlanta) bench on fire would be a bit much, I guess....

Funny how we think of this stuff... but really, how many people (including the guys on the team) would "get it"?

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 08:40 AM
cbjfan97

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FahQ1094 View Post
They should really get rid of the Donatos Pizza Shuffle... or at least revamp it. You don't even have to watch it to know where the pizza ends up (2 spots to the right of where it started every time.. or 1 spot to the left I guess)
the worst part about the shuffle is the winning section is predetermined...(anyone who goes to a lot of games may have noticed, like me)...the pepsi power pawhatever is already camped outside a particular section before the shuffle begins. why do you think they are RIGHT there when the winning section is announced? did they fly there on their super pepsi-fueled jets?

and speaking of giveaways...i've been to over 140 home games, sat in vitually every section possible and how many times has my section won something? THREE (3) count that! (and even when your section wins the pizza shuffle, you are not guaranteed a pizza! ***?) so there are my odds...about 1 out of every 46 games i will win something...after all the money i have put into that organization via tickets, concessions, team apparel, hockey fest and so on.

and best of all...this season they began giving crap away to only ONE ROW at a time, instead of the entire section. and all of the prizes are $5 value! HOW CHEAP DO YOU HAVE TO BE to give away $5 prizes to about 20 people every game! i've been to games where the winning row has 3 people in it....THREE! i swear! and the fans surrounding that row are BEGGING for their $5 prize from these pepsi girls and they do NOT give it up! the pepsi power partol has turned into the pepsi power nazis.

Last edited by cbjfan97: 04-17-2007 at 08:41 AM. Reason: ocd spell checker after the fact
cbjfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote