HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT-Virginia Tech

Old
04-17-2007, 11:17 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

vCash: 500
What's also sick is that we've been conditioned as a people to accept(may be wrong word) this, just MO. When I heard the count of 33, I didn't realize it was the worst in US History. Even then, I thought Columbine was worse than this was but in reality it was 2/3's more worse(counts being 11/12 to 33). That's just terrible. Am I clear? I don't know if I'm getting across what I'm trying to say. I'm trying to say instances have been brushed aside way too many times, making a massacre like this seem ordinary. We have to find a way to make the world warmer, and I don't mean finding a solution for global warming.

The world has become a scary place when people are no longer in control of their own destiny...

Old
04-17-2007, 12:02 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
This is beyond ****ed up. I echo the sentimates of SBOB in this thread in that the college campus is really supposed to be considered one of the few real, bonafide safe havens you'll have in your life. And to have that violated to this extent... just unreal. I have a few friends at VT (all fine, checked in yesterday night with me) and man alive.. everyone there is just shaken up beyond belief.

My prayers go out to everyone's family who is effected by this. The words of one of the students father really brought me to tears.

----

The thing I have issue with now is not even a few hours after the news broke you already had idiotic groups blaming heavy music and video games. Why aren't we past the fact that maybe some people just suck at raising their kids? I find it disgusting that the moral majority is already trying to blame certain things for this senseless tragedy.

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 12:03 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post

Gotta say though, I'm almost as sick about the TV coverage everywhere of the event.It's like the the lost lives don't even matter or, at best, a side show...All that matters is getting one's worthelss opinon out on the air, criticizing and pointing blame, and furthering political agendas even while children were still breathing their last breath
.(There will no doubt be plenty of time and reason for all of that, when everything is known)....But, unfortunately, that's where our society and media is in today's world..
Agreed. It's irresponsible and utterly disgusting.

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 02:04 PM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
omg look at how asinine the british press can be

they are blaming the first victim for the massacre:

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article....&in_page_id=34

MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 02:10 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoritystorm View Post
omg look at how asinine the british press can be

they are blaming the first victim for the massacre:

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article....&in_page_id=34
Don't read those rags and don't lead others to it, just ignore them.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 03:32 PM
BRONX_MADNESS*

This screams "psyops" IMO but yea, tragic...RIP

BRONX_MADNESS* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 03:41 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Actually the European press is condemning America's fascination with guns.In Europe,the gun laws are much tougher than they are here.I saw an article where a news outlet in Italy said the Virginia Tech shootings were as American as apple pie

Katie Couric and Brian Williams ran from their NYC offices to Blacksburg,VA.I was listening to the press conference yesterday and some woman kept asking the same annoying questions.I recognized her voice.It was Katie

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 04:37 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

There are no adjectives to describe this.

R.I.P

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 04:42 PM
MrAlfie

I went to see Emily´s myspace and it almost made me cry.

this is just so senseless.

and its extremely tasteless of george bush and jon howard to make comments about gun control/liberties

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 05:35 PM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Actually the European press is condemning America's fascination with guns.In Europe,the gun laws are much tougher than they are here.I saw an article where a news outlet in Italy said the Virginia Tech shootings were as American as apple pie
I havn't seen the local papers trying to blame the gun laws in america, they have just written it like it is; a tragedy.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 04:56 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Haven't had a chance to comment yet...so must say...I'd like to send my thoughts out to all of those in VA tech...get well soon

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote