HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Seating question/advice for Game 4

Old
04-17-2007, 01:54 PM
dank

vCash: 500
Seating question/advice for Game 4

hey guys, quick question for advice/ideas.

my cousin and I tried hard to get tickets for any playoff games, etc, and we just managed to get two single tickets for Game 4, in separate sections. We want(ed) to sit together for the game and i was wondering if you had ideas for how to make it happen (its also a slow day so a new thread is always welcomed, i think).

We have one seat in Section 201 row B and Section 202 row D, they are adjacent sections. How do you think we could manage to get seats together?

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 02:03 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

During a regular season game it's very easy to do because there are empty seats throughout the arena. During the playoffs, not so easy. However, if you can find two empty seats next to each other, go for it. You can basically move wherever you want in MSG, they aren't going to check your ticket again

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 02:04 PM
broadwayblue

202 is a better section than 201. So see if there's any people in 201 row B who are there by themselves, and ask if they would mind moving (upgrading) over to 202. Then the 2 of you can sit together in 201. Row D is worse than B, but 2 rows might not make that much of a difference to most people.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 02:20 PM
dank

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyF27 View Post
During a regular season game it's very easy to do because there are empty seats throughout the arena. During the playoffs, not so easy. However, if you can find two empty seats next to each other, go for it. You can basically move wherever you want in MSG, they aren't going to check your ticket again
right, right, i know that much. my other cousin and I are season ticket holders and i know its not difficult to deal with during the regular season situation, but i just don't have much experience with playoffs (it has been a while, and i am only 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
202 is a better section than 201. So see if there's any people in 201 row B who are there by themselves, and ask if they would mind moving (upgrading) over to 202. Then the 2 of you can sit together in 201. Row D is worse than B, but 2 rows might not make that much of a difference to most people.
yeah, i figured as such. i was wondering if anyone had to deal with a similar situation and/or if you know what time i should come, too early, not many people will be there or after the 1st period, will they not want to move, etc, etc..

i don't know, i just figured i might as well post a new thread to get some conversation going, some answers and some entertainment for the long 4-hour wait.

Let's Go Rangers

Old
04-17-2007, 02:22 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

What i usually do in this situation is sit in the seat my ticket is in for the first period, and towards the middle of the period i check and look for two empty seats in a good spot. Then i check again at the end of the period. Get your friend, go buy a beer and a popcorn and go to those seats like youve been there the whole game.

Of course there could be people that are late but thats the chance you are willing to take.

Not too sure though if theyll be any 2 seats open though. lol

Good luck!!!

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 02:32 PM
shoeshine5

During the regular season it is a piece of cake. MSG is terrible about confirming that people are in the correct seats. I've never been to a playoff game, but I would imagine it will be a lot harder to do.

Best bet is to just see if anyone sitting next to you or your friend is by themselves, unless you can scout out two people sitting next to each other that don't appear to be together.

shoeshine5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 03:41 PM
dank

yeah, the whole thing that makes this difficult is its playoff time..

Old
04-17-2007, 04:06 PM
WheresBarnaby

Yeah I'd say hop to another set of open seats. In the 300's-400's I'd imagine it's going to be hard to find many seat open, down low, well we all know how that goes. Thing is you won't be able to get down there w/o them checking your tickets again I believe.

Last year I went as a group of 4 to game 4 and our seats were a row apart. We just asked people if they wanted to swap seats with us, so we could all be together. The seats we gave up were a row closer than the ones we moved into, so it worked for everyone. You could try something that, although it's going to be hard to find someone there by themselves.

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote