HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rads Suspended for one game

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-16-2007, 11:54 AM
  #51
handtrick
Registered User
 
handtrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 3,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
Frustrating part about all of this is that I felt that Schubert's hit on Scuderi in Game 3 of the Pens/Sens series was a fair bit more dangerous than Radulov's hit. There was significantly more speed involved, and Schubert, in the replays I saw, seemed to make contact with Scuderi's head, bouncing it off the glass very hard. At least Radu can make the claim that it wasn't all that obvious that Bernier was off balance, further increasing the danger of impact.

The NHL really has no clue how to stop hits from behind for this very reason. Schubert probably won't receive a suspension and only received 2 minutes in box. And I don't think his opponent received a PP because they jumped Schubert afterwards. The message the NHL sends is that it is a veritable crapshoot. It's ok to take liberties with players against the boards because there's a good chance nothing major will be called, especially if there is no injury.
Amen brother, I couldn't agree more.

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 12:08 PM
  #52
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
Frustrating part about all of this is that I felt that Schubert's hit on Scuderi in Game 3 of the Pens/Sens series was a fair bit more dangerous than Radulov's hit. There was significantly more speed involved, and Schubert, in the replays I saw, seemed to make contact with Scuderi's head, bouncing it off the glass very hard. At least Radu can make the claim that it wasn't all that obvious that Bernier was off balance, further increasing the danger of impact.

The NHL really has no clue how to stop hits from behind for this very reason. Schubert probably won't receive a suspension and only received 2 minutes in box. And I don't think his opponent received a PP because they jumped Schubert afterwards. The message the NHL sends is that it is a veritable crapshoot. It's ok to take liberties with players against the boards because there's a good chance nothing major will be called, especially if there is no injury.
To be fair, if Therrien had gone to the media with plaintive, tear-filled doe eyes...cried that the only way the Sens could beat the Pens was through cheapshots and thuggery..then who knows. You better believe Wilson's posturing had an affect on the sentence.

If Therrien knew how to play the game, he would have gone right to the media to bemoan Scuderi's life threatening injuries..and when the verdict he sought was levied, Scuderi could spring back to health in miracle fashion.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 03:35 PM
  #53
handtrick
Registered User
 
handtrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 3,090
vCash: 500
I just hope Wilson puts in a Super Plus Plus variety before the game tonight.....I would hate for him to have breakthrough bleeding on national TV.........

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 05:35 PM
  #54
nine_inch_fang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
I just hope Wilson puts in a Super Plus Plus variety before the game tonight.....I would hate for him to have breakthrough bleeding on national TV.........
Hopefully his team will suck so much tonight that noone will notice if he does.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 03:36 AM
  #55
SC2008
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,008
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
To be fair, if Therrien had gone to the media with plaintive, tear-filled doe eyes...cried that the only way the Sens could beat the Pens was through cheapshots and thuggery..then who knows. You better believe Wilson's posturing had an affect on the sentence.

If Therrien knew how to play the game, he would have gone right to the media to bemoan Scuderi's life threatening injuries..and when the verdict he sought was levied, Scuderi could spring back to health in miracle fashion.

Funny, but true. And I'm a Sharks fan. But its one of those unspoken things that a coach does. Stick up for your players. If the coach's player was the victim he cries "foul". If the coach's player was the instigator you claim "that's just part of the game".

Look at Granato on the Bertuzzi incident. Granato was a freakin dirty player. YouTube it yourself if you don't believe me. But after the Tooz hit on more, Granato was calling him everything in the book.

SC2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 12:09 AM
  #56
Lucky Lager
Registered User
 
Lucky Lager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Northern Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by preds418 View Post
Its official...

Pretty much what I expected:



http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=204118&hubname=
He's gotta play smarter than that. He's killing the Sharks on the scoreboard and we need him to keep it at that. You watch, he won't do anything when he returns....

Lucky Lager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 12:21 AM
  #57
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by benderkyle View Post
He's gotta play smarter than that. He's killing the Sharks on the scoreboard and we need him to keep it at that. You watch, he won't do anything when he returns....
most players don't respond well coming off their first suspension ... especially in the playoffs

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 06:37 AM
  #58
handtrick
Registered User
 
handtrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 3,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Trotz View Post
most players don't respond well coming off their first suspension ... especially in the playoffs

Source?

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 10:07 AM
  #59
jstreet
Registered User
 
jstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,664
vCash: 50
it is still so sad to be this excited to get our goal scorer back when we have the likes of Kariya and Arnott on the bench.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 11:01 AM
  #60
Thundermare
Registered User
 
Thundermare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by benderkyle View Post
He's gotta play smarter than that. He's killing the Sharks on the scoreboard and we need him to keep it at that. You watch, he won't do anything when he returns....
Agree with you up to a certain point.

Enthousiam is part of Radu's game... he just love the games... all aspect of it... and yes sometimes that means he'll do a bit too much... he just gotta learn to pace himself in some aspect of the game... but at the same time that's also what's makes him so special and why I love watching him play so much. In the Bernier hit, I think he just got a little carried away.

That kid is living hockey... he's passionate and will give it all to win and like you say that dosn't mean taking stupid penalties... I'm just afraid he just take it too far on the other side and shade away... cause special player like him should not be tame in any way... hopes he keeps on playing at full tilt.

Thundermare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 11:30 AM
  #61
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
Source?
I didn't mean rookie ... I meant in general its a bad omen for the team that loses the player to suspension rather than to injury

Offender - Player knocked out - result
Tucker - Kapanen - Leafs lose on the Roenick Goal
Lemieux - Draper - Wings win
Domi - Neidermayer - Devils win
I can't remember any more right now

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 02:05 PM
  #62
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Basher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Phx
Country: United States
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
Source?
I know you and...Joe T, Fire Trotz, etc. etc. have a thing - but you can't really ask for a source on an obvious opinion. In this case, I hope and believe he is wrong. I think Radz will still be effective with the puck on his stick, and getting open in the slot. His hits will be better timed, but I don't think he'll lose his intensity.

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 04:30 PM
  #63
handtrick
Registered User
 
handtrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 3,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher View Post
I know you and...Joe T, Fire Trotz, etc. etc. have a thing - but you can't really ask for a source on an obvious opinion. In this case, I hope and believe he is wrong. I think Radz will still be effective with the puck on his stick, and getting open in the slot. His hits will be better timed, but I don't think he'll lose his intensity.
All I was asking is if he had a source for the statement, because I have never heard that before.

If it is his opinion, he is certainly entitled to it...too me his statement wasn't clear that it was an "obvious opinion."

The incidents that he sited had nothing to do with his declaration of " most players don't respond well coming off their first suspension ... especially in the playoffs".....they have to do with the offender's team not winning the series.

That is totally different than the implication that Rads will have a bad game tonight because he is coming off his first suspension......that implication is totally baseless unless their are incidences of "players don't respond well coming off their first suspension ... especially in the playoffs" as his statement leads the reader to believe.....

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.