HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10 Minute Misconducts: Excuse Me?

Old
04-18-2007, 10:43 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
isnt there a rule (maybe its the 3am lack of sleep talking) where once you get X amt of misconducts in the post season you are automatically suspended a game.

i could be wrong though, im so freakin tired.
I think if you get two game misconducts.

04-18-2007, 10:48 AM
zestystrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limey FK View Post
Different circumstances. These were 10 minute misconducts which due to the time left in the game meant they were done for the rest of the game. The rule you mentioned above is in regards to Game misconducts. Accumulate to many of those and you are automatically suspended.

So fear not.
Double true Limey

"In Playoff games, any player who incurs a total of two game misconduct penalties in the "General Category" shall be suspended automatically for the next Playoff game of his Team. For each subsequent game misconduct penalty during the Playoffs, the automatic suspension shall be increased by onegame. For each suspension of a player during Playoffs, his club shall be fined one thousand dollars ($1,000)."

http://www.nhl.com/hockeyu/rulebook/rule28.html

zestystrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 10:56 AM
NYR469

they did not 'make up' anything. those are legit calls and the refs can give them out whenever they want. and in a situation like that its done to keep the game from getting out of control (which the refs did a pretty good job of last night).

and those calls are GOOD thing for us, not a bad thing. atlanta is frustrated and they know that they can't beat us, so they are resorting ************* and if they do that tonight the BEST thing that can happen for us is the ref is quick to toss guys because if kt, kovalchuk, etc aren't on the ice trying to cheapshot our players that reduces the risk of anyone getting hurt.

while its fun to cheer a fight, at this point we gain absolutely NOTHING from getting involved with atlanta in that stuff. we don't need to send a message to them anymore. so IMO the most important thing is that we wrap up this series with a healthy lineup and if that means 1/2 the players get tossed thats fine with me.

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 02:18 PM
94now

As we saw, the handling of 10 min here and there is an effective way to prevent brawl from the start. Were last night refs so smart as to come up with this on their own? I highly doubt that. They were advised by Campbell's "Think Tank" before the game, IMO.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 02:29 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

Send a message via Yahoo to yada
refs did the right thing by handing out all those penalties in the 3 period they kept the game in check

i did not like how they acted with orr and boulton. either they should have given them 2 minutes for the lil scrum they had during the faceoff or they should have not broken them up and let them fight and give them both 5 mins possibily 15 mins

yada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 02:57 PM
AxeMan816

The refs had to put Kovulchuk in protective custody for the 10 minutes so Avery wouldnt kick his butt. Kovy couldnt possibly be able to hit the ball straight down the fairway on Friday morning if Avery swells his eye shut.

Im a diehard Sabres fan. I just transplanted to Georgia.

Go Rangers! I want a sweep so I can really rub it in down at the bar.

AxeMan816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 03:02 PM
WheresBarnaby

Not a big deal in a game so one sided. If Avery would've been handed 17 minutes worth of penalties, and the game was close, I would've jumped through my TV.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 03:16 PM
Ranger1135

The Rangers actually lucked out in regard to the Mara call. Regardless of whether or not Kovy dropped his gloves with Avery the refs deemed it a fight and as such Mara could have been assessed a third man in which is an automatic game misconduct. As it was they only gave him a 10 minute misconduct. Where that could have loomed large is god forbid he picked up another game misconduct he would automatically be suspended for the next game.

Ranger1135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 04:17 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limey FK View Post
Different circumstances. These were 10 minute misconducts which due to the time left in the game meant they were done for the rest of the game. The rule you mentioned above is in regards to Game misconducts. Accumulate to many of those and you are automatically suspended.

So fear not.
Ah ha! Good to hear. I no longer have any problem with how the officials handled it then.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 04:35 PM
BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Ok, I'll take the high road here and not respond to your personal attacks against me.

My problem with the 10 minute misconducts was the fact that Orr got one for talking at the end of the 2nd. Orr is the only tough guy the Rangers have in the lineup, and I knew Atlanta would be taking runs at the Rangers the entire thrid. So I thought to take Orr out of the Rangers lineup presented them with a very dangerous situation.
It wasn't a personal attack. This entire board has to put up with your constant ref-hating ******** - whether we win or lose. The least you could do is spell your attack properly; and, maybe add some punctuation.

The way the refs handled the game was consistent from start to finish. The 10 minute misconducts at the end of the second served as a warning to the other players. That's why they're called game management tools: they assist you in keeping the game under control, so that there isn't a need for tough guys to keep players safe.

I mean really, why not change your name to IHateRefs20? Or RangersGetScrewed69?

It would help you achieve a JOrts-like claim to fame around here...

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 09:02 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE View Post
It wasn't a personal attack. This entire board has to put up with your constant ref-hating ******** - whether we win or lose. The least you could do is spell your attack properly; and, maybe add some punctuation.

The way the refs handled the game was consistent from start to finish. The 10 minute misconducts at the end of the second served as a warning to the other players. That's why they're called game management tools: they assist you in keeping the game under control, so that there isn't a need for tough guys to keep players safe.

Agreed.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 09:33 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE View Post

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote