HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Remember this?

Old
04-18-2007, 02:35 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
heh, Karyia, only one who didnt become a Ranger lol.
thank god!!

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 03:42 PM
Nemchinov13

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
And gretzky, messier, graves, richter and leetch at the same time!!
4 Hall of Famers at the same time. Wow. And the most-beloved Ranger of the last decade.

Nemchinov13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 07:06 PM
rangerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers View Post
Wow!!!! I remember when that first came on. Those 4 where supposed to lead the NHL into the next era. Too bad 3 outta the 4 lost huge chunks of their careers to injuries! Also remember all the talk about how Gretzky passing the puck to Lindros symbolized The Great One passing the torch to Eric. Reminds me of all the great expectations everyone had of Lindros. Never forget how pissed off I was watching him against the Rangers the 1st time he played against them. He had everything -- size, great release, very good passer, good skater and an all around great hockey player. Just as dominating as Crosby except that he was bigger than just about anybody else. He shoulda been one of the greats!!!
I'm a huge Lindros fan, I was devastated when the arbitrator ruled in favor of the Philly deal with Quebec for his rights in 1992. I even remember the arbitrator's name: LARRY BERTUZZI.

I hated that man...then again, who knows if we would have won the Cup in the last 15 years...look at Philly, went to the Cup Final once, while Quebec/Colorado won 2 Stanley Cups and have been one of the top teams in the NHL since 1995...

Needless to say it was a dream come true when we traded for Lindros...and he played well for us, too bad his injuries were always there. The guy almost died in Nashville from internal bleeding.

RangerJoe

rangerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 07:12 PM
rangerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
His goal with with 6.8 seconds left in game 3 of '97 still gives me nightmares.
Actually that was Game #4 at the Garden and put Philly up 3-1 heading home, where they closed us out...

I've always said, if we didn't lose so many defensive players in each of the three series of that season, including Leetch getting hurt bigtime against Philly, that series would have been different.

Imagine a Rangers vs. Red Wings Stanley Cup Final, it would have been awesome - Original 6 matchup!

RangerJoe

Old
04-18-2007, 07:25 PM
rangerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMan82 View Post
Please, if Brent Fedyk and Jeff Toms were on the same line as Bure it would still be awesome!!!
You totally suck for bringing up Brent Fedyk...between him and Bob Errey, I don't know which was worse...such bad times, we went through so many players. And to think we couldn't get someone awesome to play with Gretzky in 98 & 99