HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Carey Price wins Pro Debut

Old
04-19-2007, 09:17 PM
sabrefan27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
What would you call the one where the Amerk was wide open in the slot on the far post who shoots high into the empty side and Price was forced to dive at full stretch from the other post towards the far top corner and just got enough of it to deflect it over? If that wasn't a difficult save, I don't know what could be classed as one. Maybe the Amerks didn't trouble him enough, but you are wrong to say he didn't make one difficult save. He made it in the 3rd peroid of his first playoff game in the AHL with his team up by 1 goal. Difficult and big.

Still, I'm looking forward to the rest of this series, it's gonna be good. Hopefully Price can continue to make the saves (big, small, easy, difficult) for us to get some more wins.
Was that the MacArthur shot in the final minute? Looked to me like he shot it wide.

And, I said I was impressed with how he handled the game. I just thought the Amerks didn't make him work much, and they didn't. Sorry.

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 09:22 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
Was that the MacArthur shot in the final minute? Looked to me like he shot it wide.
I think it was with 1m 40 or so to go, an Amerk got the puck in front of the net, slightly off to the left of the net and passed it right to the guy on the open side. Replay showed Price got a piece of it, the Rochester play by play guy seemed to think so too.

I'll agree that it wasn't the most pressure the Amerks have put the Dogs under in a game this year, but at the same time, Price deserves a hell of a lot of credit for his play tonight. If he can repeat it, that's good news for us.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Hes a beast.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 10:01 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montréal Russians View Post
Hes a beast.
He's a monster

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 10:02 PM
GSK*

Carey Price will be the best goaltender of the NHL in a couple season.

Mark my word.

He would make looks Kopitar, Brule and cie like Pee Wee players.

but not so

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 10:10 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montréal Russians View Post
Hes a beast.
In this series: I expect nothing less than 3 more shutouts for Price!!

What's the expression? Be careful for what you wish for?!!

P.S.: is there any way we can catch it (series) on Sportsnet TV? (Sportsnet is ch.38 in Montreal on regular cable TV...). Or maybe as the series/Calder Cup playoffs goes on...?

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 04-19-2007 at 11:11 PM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 11:57 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
I think it was with 1m 40 or so to go, an Amerk got the puck in front of the net, slightly off to the left of the net and passed it right to the guy on the open side. Replay showed Price got a piece of it, the Rochester play by play guy seemed to think so too.

I'll agree that it wasn't the most pressure the Amerks have put the Dogs under in a game this year, but at the same time, Price deserves a hell of a lot of credit for his play tonight. If he can repeat it, that's good news for us.
I don't know, if it's the one I'm thinking of, the replay I saw showed it hit the side of the net. I give the kid a ton of credit for stepping into a tough situation and handling it well. But the reality is, he had very few difficult saves to make tonight. The Amerks made him look great, plain and simple. Almost all their shots came from the outside and Price just harmlessly covered it up or deflected it to the corners. Hamilton has a big, tough defense and wouldn't allow the Amerks to get inside and get quality shots. Price probably had one of the easiest shutouts of his career.

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 12:59 AM
Mr. Hab

Price was the 1st star of the game.
Easy win? Hard win?
Who really cares?!!
All that really matters is...

On paper (in the books/stats) for Carey Price: 34 saves, a shutout, First Star of the game (in only his 3rd professional game)...
On paper (in the books/stats) for Bulldogs: 2-0 victory over Rochester (1-0 in series).

Is it time to explain why Price & the Bulldogs won? (easy or tough win? easy or tough shutout?).
No!! It's time to be happy for Price and the Bulldogs!!

It's a victory & that's it! On to the next game, time to focus on the next game...

Go Bulldogs Go!!
Go Price Go!!

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 01:05 AM
Jose Corvo*

Price was unbelievable tonight! However, he wasn't the best netminder in the game. Anderson stood on his head for Rochester.

Jose Corvo* is offline   Reply With Quote