HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Worst Ranger in first round

Old
04-20-2007, 12:02 PM
94now

vCash: 500
Worst Ranger in first round

I'd have to go with Prucha. I am his fan, but he just didn't measure up with the rest in first round. What's your choice?

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 12:04 PM
Nemchinov13

If Prucha is our worst, then we're not in bad shape at all.

Nemchinov13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 12:04 PM
Tikkanese

Um, Orr? He didn't deliver many (any?) big hits, couldn't keep up with Atlanta's forwards, and had a mild deterrent effect at best. I would have preferred to see Hollywood out there, at least he could have caught Kovalchuk or Hossa a couple times with his human pinball routine.

Tikkanese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 12:12 PM
The Thomas J.*

Prucha was no stellar, but I did not hear his name called out much either, so that says to me ,maybe he was not scoring, but he wasn't a defensive Liablity either. Orr is what Orr is, he was there as a deterant, Hollweg could have filled the same role.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 12:14 PM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
I would have to say Avery

Vodka Drunkenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 12:31 PM
ftyutin51

Not sure about worst, but Prucha hasn't been very good so far...in fact, if he continues to basically just drift around games (not scoring but not being a defensive liability), I would not mind trading him and perhaps a prospect and a pick to move up in the draft.

ftyutin51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 12:33 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
I'd have to go with Prucha. I am his fan, but he just didn't measure up with the rest in first round. What's your choice?
I choose to see the positive, and Prucha played a great series

04-20-2007, 12:37 PM
In The Flesh

wow Prucha, NO. he was good, I think that the answer to this question has to be the player that did jack squat, and thats ORR, what did he do?, I dress Hollywood next round.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 12:39 PM
dank

wow, we really are bored here huh?

while Prucha was held off the scoreboard (accumulating one point, an assist) he was skating well with his linemates and often on the brink of making things happen.

Come on guys, the whole team played remarkably (save for Orr) and thats why we won the series. We swept a team, we played only 4 games, and we're through. You can't expect everyone to be on, but this thread is just impressive... for all the wrong reasons..

Prucha the worst Ranger? nope.. least effective maybe.. ( i like symantics ) .. when you blow out a team 7-0 in one game and 4-0 in the series, you have to be content..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 12:40 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftyutin51 View Post
Not sure about worst, but Prucha hasn't been very good so far...in fact, if he continues to basically just drift around games (not scoring but not being a defensive liability), I would not mind trading him and perhaps a prospect and a pick to move up in the draft.
forget that, its a weak draft, and he scored 22 goals, thats pretty good considering he was on the 4th for at least 1/4 of the year. I saw him doing alot more than just drifting, he had plenty of chances. What do you expect of him?

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 12:40 PM
dank

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
I choose to see the positive, and Prucha played a great series
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
wow Prucha, NO. he was good, I think that the answer to this question has to be the player that did jack squat, and thats ORR, what did he do?, I dress Hollywood next round.

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 12:43 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Weekes.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 12:52 PM
mattyd99

God forbid Prucha doesn't get on the scoresheet and he's the worst player in the round. How about this answer? No one. We swept a team. Can we be happy for once? Girardi and Pock shrugged off some rookie jitters and looked awesome out there in the last 2 games. Orr didn't hurt the team and didn't have to fight. All 4 lines did there jobs and the defense shut down great players like Kovalchuk, Marian Hossa, Tkachuk, and Kozlov. We played about as flawless a series as we can, yet there still has to be a worst player or scapegoat.

mattyd99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 12:55 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

You don't deal a proven 20 goal scorer, who's only 24-year-old to move up in the draft, unless you're doing it to get somone like a Crosby or Ovechkin, i.e., generational talents. If you're dealing Prucha, it's because you have a chance to deal for a younger upgrade...say, Horton or Nash..or a premier talent such as Lacavalier (which, I think is no longer possible.)

As for the topic at hand...I'm going with Renney's wardrobe, simply because, coming off a 4 game sweep where the Rangers had the upperhand 95% of the series, to connect the word "worst" with anything about that performance is mind-boggling.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 12:59 PM
JamesG1221

How about Pock? He may not have dont a flat out bad job but I think nerves were a factor for him much more then they were for the likes of Girardi or Callahan. He was a little up and down in the series. And if not WHO CARES? I'm more curious about how they'll play in the next round.

JamesG1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 12:59 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 910
Awards:
I wouldn't say Prucha. He was mostly quiet, though he was robbed a couple of times and was involved a good bit in a couple games. He certainly didn't play poorly... The guy is a streaky player, we all know that, and as long as he's not taking dumb penalties or playing piss-poor defense then he's an asset when on the ice.

I wouldn't really say anyone played poorly, I think pretty much everyone out there gave a great effort and played pretty well. Again, I don't think Orr played poorly, though he didn't contribute much at all. When we were getting roughed up in games 1 and 2, I would have liked to see him throw the body around a bit or maybe punch Exelby in the face once or twice.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 01:00 PM
bcrt2000

Aaron Ward.

bcrt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 01:00 PM
NYROrtsFan

Prucha was VERY GOOD at times in this series. Caused a couple of big plays on his own to be honest. He was far from the worst. And Prucha is a guy that I don't feel is as good as some have tried to talk him up to be.

The worst would have to be Orr, although it is tough to single out a guy who only gets a few minutes and is there for another reason.

Pock would be up there because I didn't think he was good a couple times. Perhaps Mara. I don't think one forward could be nominated though. All 12 were good.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 01:03 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootin'Tyutin View Post
I would have to say Avery
After watching him this series, he's become the 3rd Ranger I actually like.

Second to Shanny, ahead of Matt Cullen.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 01:06 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 910
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
Prucha was VERY GOOD at times in this series. Caused a couple of big plays on his own to be honest. He was far from the worst. And Prucha is a guy that I don't feel is as good as some have tried to talk him up to be.

The worst would have to be Orr, although it is tough to single out a guy who only gets a few minutes and is there for another reason.

Pock would be up there because I didn't think he was good a couple times. Perhaps Mara. I don't think one forward could be nominated though. All 12 were good.
Yeah, I remember Mara getting caught out of position on a PP goal we gave up, IIRC. Still, he was solid nonetheless, and as with the forwards I don't think anyone had a poor series as a whole. Maybe a poor game, but overall everyone on the ice contributed at some point. It's one of the best four-game stretches I ever remember this team playing.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 01:43 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanese View Post
Um, Orr? He didn't deliver many (any?) big hits, couldn't keep up with Atlanta's forwards, and had a mild deterrent effect at best. I would have preferred to see Hollywood out there, at least he could have caught Kovalchuk or Hossa a couple times with his human pinball routine.
i hope Holly plays in the 2ed round. i can see him dealt over the summer with Byers or Korpikoski on the 4th line next year.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 01:45 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I thought Ortmeyer didn't have to great of a series. He took a bunch of bad penalties throughout.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 01:45 PM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
i'd have to say kevin weeks.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 01:50 PM
boredmale

when your team wins 4-0, it really hard to say anybody was "the worst" player

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 01:51 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Prucha. Played the powerplay and received quality ice time. He was pretty ineffective. Orr did what he should have with the time he was given. The Prucha love-fest on this board aside, he is not the impact player that he was last year. I still love the kids heart though... and we need him to have a better series then this past one for us to beat teams like Ottawa or Buffalo...

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote