HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I love reading this

Old
04-20-2007, 09:50 AM
You 'Orns!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
I love reading this

Quote:
"I am just enjoying every moment I have a chance to play here," said captain Jaromir Jagr, in the second round for the first time since 2001 with Mario Lemieux and Pittsburgh. "I love this organization. I love the players I am playing with."
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Jagr was simply awesome going down the stretch and in this first playoff series. He cares, he's happy, he's hungry and I think the rest of the team is really responding to him. I think it was telling that when the Rangers were celebrating the Game 4 win on the ice, Sean Avery went straight to Jagr to celebrate and horse around.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 12:23 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Jagr was simply awesome going down the stretch and in this first playoff series. He cares, he's happy, he's hungry and I think the rest of the team is really responding to him. I think it was telling that when the Rangers were celebrating the Game 4 win on the ice, Sean Avery went straight to Jagr to celebrate and horse around.
It's funny how Avery has seemingly pulled this team together. I think issues with Jagr and team chemistry have been overblown since he's been here--especially the "flap" with Aaron Ward--but everyone seems to be legitimately close right now. Jagr laughing with Shanny and Avery, people sticking up for one another, it's just great. The team has really gelled.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 02:35 PM
NYRchick

I believe Jagr is on record as saying how much he loves the addition of Avery,so that's a good thing.It's also great seeing that even though Jagr has the C,he's able to put his ego aside and defer to Shanny when necessary. That's what teamwork's all about.

NYRchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 03:02 PM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRchick View Post
I believe Jagr is on record as saying how much he loves the addition of Avery,so that's a good thing.It's also great seeing that even though Jagr has the C,he's able to put his ego aside and defer to Shanny when necessary. That's what teamwork's all about.

Early in the season there was a problem with both Jagr and Shanny deferring too much to one another.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 03:05 PM
NYRchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post
Early in the season there was a problem with both Jagr and Shanny deferring too much to one another.
Things tend to change when you're around a winning atmosphere,don't you think? Shanny's admitted that earlier in the season players weren't on the same page,but now that they've been winning,those players have realized that if it's working,don't mess with things.

NYRchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 06:55 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRchick View Post

I remember the night when we traded for Avery we had just lost another game & the reporter who was interviewing Jagr asked him about the Avery dea, a very Tired looking dejected jagr looked up & replied , "we need more than Sean Avery right now"

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 01:40 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Sean Avery = MVP of this team. Can't believe I just said that haha.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote