HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Congrats to you guys

Old
04-19-2007, 09:04 PM
Kvashinator12

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Congrats to you guys

Congrats to all of you guys on your 1st round sweep......Lundy is insane how good he is...Never thought i would say this, but if you ever have to play Buffalo I think I would be rooting for you guys....

Kvashinator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 09:36 PM
Cartman27

Send a message via AIM to Cartman27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12 View Post
Congrats to all of you guys on your 1st round sweep......Lundy is insane how good he is...Never thought i would say this, but if you ever have to play Buffalo I think I would be rooting for you guys....
Yea, Sabres fans will do that to you.

Cartman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 09:47 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

classy kvash...hope the isles keep battling and push the sabres to the brink

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 09:48 PM
lotus

hahah Sabres too. Is anyone else reminded of pee-wee hockey when the Sabres play? It always seems like its a one man show, danling and spinning and toe dragging. And then the ghost of Kasparaitis hip checks your torso off, and throw it into the crowd.

Not that the Sabres aren't skilled, they're just so flashy, it's irritating.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 01:20 AM
eco's bones

Quote:

Well I never thought it would come to me rooting for the Isles against anybody but I've really come to dislike the Sabres so this year has been different and I'm hoping DP can at least steal another game away--although I will say they've built their team the best way. I hate their announcers.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 11:52 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Thanks man, I appreciate it. I don't hate the Isles the way most Rangers fans do, as my dad is a die-hard Sticks fan and I like to see him happy. I pull for the Isles to succeed, so long as it's not at the expense of the Rangers. Ideally for me, the Rangers would defeat the Isles in 7 games in the Eastern Finals every year . Good luck to you guys in the rest of your series. Hopefully, the refs will get off of their knees and quit blowing the game.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 12:11 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Thanks for the kind post.....

wow people actually are starting to warm to the BROADWAY Blue?

04-20-2007, 12:13 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
Thanks for the kind post.....

wow people actually are starting to warm to the BROADWAY Blue?
I know, it's unheard of. Sean Avery aside, I think we're a pretty likable team with a bunch of personable players who also happen to have some skills. And I LOVE Avery and his candor, though I understand it rubs opposing fans the wrong way.

I'm just so glad to see the Garden rocking again, it's been far, far too long.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 12:57 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I know, it's unheard of. Sean Avery aside, I think we're a pretty likable team with a bunch of personable players who also happen to have some skills. And I LOVE Avery and his candor, though I understand it rubs opposing fans the wrong way.

I'm just so glad to see the Garden rocking again, it's been far, far too long.
Thanks to all opposing fans who come over and show us some love

I've said it before...it would be in the best interest of the league, and hockey fans in general, for the Rangers to have a nice, long playoff run. I can already see the city starting to get into this team, people wearing Rangers stuff everywhere, all over the newspapers, all over WFAN. It's a beautiful thing.

You can't not like guys like Shanahan and Lundqvist (well, unless your an Ice Girl ), Jagr has taken his game to back when he was with the Penguins in the playoffs, Nylander is a classy vet, Cullen is a savvy cup winner, guys like Callahan and Girardi are great stories coming from the AHL this season into the playoffs, Prucha and Tyutin are young and exciting. I can see how people might hate Avery, but since he's on our side, I absolutely love the guy. This has been such a fun team to watch.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 02:02 PM
NYRchick

I must say,Sabre fans that I've come across throughout the playoffs have been just UNBEARABLE. It's as if they feel they have some entitlement to the cup. I'm not taking away the fact that they're the best team in the league,they did win the Presidents Trophy,afterall. There is a difference between humble confidence and outright conceit.So far,all I've seen from Sabre fans is the latter.

Being a Ranger fan,I hate the Islanders, as is the norm,but Sabre fans that I've come across talk as if this series is a total blow-out. The games have been close,and if not for the rediculous officiating,not just in that series,but in general,who knows,that series just as easily might be tied,or be 3-1 favoring the Isles. I can't believe I'm saying this,but I'm starting to actually want the Isles to beat Buffalo,just so these fans would shut up. Also,a Ranger Islander series would be great for us as Ny'ers in general. No disrespect to you cool Sabre fans here,but come on.

NYRchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 02:36 PM
danman1202

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRchick View Post
I must say,Sabre fans that I've come across throughout the playoffs have been just UNBEARABLE. It's as if they feel they have some entitlement to the cup. I'm not taking away the fact that they're the best team in the league,they did win the Presidents Trophy,afterall. There is a difference between humble confidence and outright conceit.So far,all I've seen from Sabre fans is the latter.

Being a Ranger fan,I hate the Islanders, as is the norm,but Sabre fans that I've come across talk as if this series is a total blow-out. The games have been close,and if not for the rediculous officiating,not just in that series,but in general,who knows,that series just as easily might be tied,or be 3-1 favoring the Isles. I can't believe I'm saying this,but I'm starting to actually want the Isles to beat Buffalo,just so these fans would shut up. Also,a Ranger Islander series would be great for us as Ny'ers in general. No disrespect to you cool Sabre fans here,but come on.
The Islanders have made the Sabres work every game. If they've been watching the games, there's no way they can think it's a blow out.

danman1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 02:39 PM
NYRchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman1202 View Post
The Islanders have made the Sabres work every game. If they've been watching the games, there's no way they can think it's a blow out.
You'd be surprised,really. The fans that I've come across think that the Sabres are world-beaters,refusing to give DP any credit. The officiating has been HORRIBLE,not just in that series,but throughout the playoffs. That's not an excuse,but a fact.

NYRchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 02:41 PM
danno2530

Quote:
You'd be surprised,really. The fans that I've come across think that the Sabres are world-beaters,refusing to give DP any credit. The officiating has been HORRIBLE,not just in that series,but throughout the playoffs. That's not an excuse,but a fact.
Yeah I've honestly gained alot of respect for the Isles down the stretch. They busted their ass just to get into the playoffs and they have really played Buffalo evenly in this series...unfortunately the refs have made up their minds. And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared about us playing the Sabres only because of the officiating.

Old
04-20-2007, 09:13 PM
gamera

Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
yes, congrats to the rangers! and thanks for the fine reception i got at MSG sporting my thrashers gear

no, really...it was awesome. i loved being booed by entire sections as i walked by...really !! hahaha!! y'all have some passionate fans and know how to have a good time keep it up!!

and i love the potvin sucks chant hahahaha ... joined in on that one more than once

y'all have a great goal song, too....god knows i heard enough of it tuesday night!!

well, good luck in the next round! keep MSG rockin'!

gamera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 09:33 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
yeah, that sounds like Sabre fans to me.

Old
04-20-2007, 09:34 PM
danno2530

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamera View Post
yes, congrats to the rangers! and thanks for the fine reception i got at MSG sporting my thrashers gear

no, really...it was awesome. i loved being booed by entire sections as i walked by...really !! hahaha!! y'all have some passionate fans and know how to have a good time keep it up!!

and i love the potvin sucks chant hahahaha ... joined in on that one more than once

y'all have a great goal song, too....god knows i heard enough of it tuesday night!!

well, good luck in the next round! keep MSG rockin'!

Thanks for the support! We're quite proud of our goal song - I have it on my iPod.