HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

How good is David Backes?

Old
04-19-2007, 04:17 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ForRoughing View Post
You're the one who just posted a personal attack. Again, if you continue to do so we're going to have a problem. Your post should be edited by the mods to delete your personal attack on me.
Discuss hockey or don't bother responding to my posts, it's pretty simple.
No, a personal attack is "you are an arrogant dipstick". Mine was an impersonal assesment. I haven't made any previous post in your arguement with kimzey. I was simply point out that nobody here claims to have connections with the Blues and even if they do, it has no baring on Backes future potential unless we are talking about deciphering some code left by Nostradomus that states Backes is the 2nd coming of Cam Neely.

Mmmmmm...Backes is Neely.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 04:33 PM
2ForRoughing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaphodBeeblebrox View Post
No, a personal attack is "you are an arrogant dipstick". Mine was an impersonal assesment. I haven't made any previous post in your arguement with kimzey. I was simply point out that nobody here claims to have connections with the Blues and even if they do, it has no baring on Backes future potential unless we are talking about deciphering some code left by Nostradomus that states Backes is the 2nd coming of Cam Neely.

Mmmmmm...Backes is Neely.

No, yours was an ad hominem attack. In your arrogance you claim it was an "impersonal assesment" (sic) but despite your claims to the contrary, you hypocrite (impersonal 'assesment' of my own), you'd be wrong. Not unlike your hockey posts.

Now lay off the personal attacks or you're going to have a problem.

2ForRoughing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 04:39 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ForRoughing View Post

such as?

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 08:14 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ForRoughing
No, yours was an ad hominem attack. In your arrogance you claim it was an "impersonal assesment" (sic) but despite your claims to the contrary, you hypocrite (impersonal 'assesment' of my own), you'd be wrong. Not unlike your hockey posts.

1. There's a difference between saying "you're this, that and the other thing," and saying "you're acting like this, that, and the other thing." A slight difference, to be sure, but a difference.

You made a personal attack by saying to ZB, "you hypocrite." Had you said, "you're acting like a hypocrite," it would still be an attack (just like saying "you're acting like this, that, and the other thing" is still an attack, ZB), but the attack would be blunted somewhat by the fact that you're clearly stating an opinion rather than directly calling someone names.

Throwing in the little jab at ZB's hockey posts was uncalled for as well, but I'm going to allow the face wash this time. Next one from you -- to anybody -- gets you a double minor for roughing, which means a temporary suspension from the boards.

2. I'm not editing anything, because you quoted the "personal attack" in your response. If you were that offended by it, why did you not edit it out of your response?

3. A statement like, "do 'X,' or you're going to have a problem" could very easily be taken as a threat, and believe me, there are moderators at HF who would absolutely take it that way, and would ban you without a minute's hesitation. I'm not going to do that -- yet -- because I value your insight, but I don't want to see any more of that stuff from you, or from anybody else.

4. How about if we all just knock it off, quit trying to one-up each other, and just talk hockey? I really don't want to have to shut this whole thread down, but if just one more little flame war breaks out, the thread is D-O-N-E.

P_B

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 08:16 PM
2ForRoughing*

fine by me. My apologies to Zaphod, I was offended by what I though was a personal attack and responded out of anger which I shouldn't have done. I disrespected the Bing and for that I apologize.

Old
04-20-2007, 08:17 PM
2ForRoughing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaphodBeeblebrox View Post

such as?
peace, dude.