HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Looks like we are playing Buffalo

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2007, 09:16 PM
NYRangerfn09

vCash: 500
Looks like we are playing Buffalo

After tonights game, if Jersey wins again we play the sabres. If Tampa mounts the comback then we will be playing the sen's. Basically

#1 Sabres vs #6 Rangers
#2 Devils vs #4 Sen's

Against the Sabres This Season

10/14/2006 L 4-7 Away
11/05/2006 OTL 3-4 Home
11/26/2006 OTL 2-3 Home
12/01/2006 SO 3-4 Away

Sadly I was at 3 of those 4 games which makes me glad I will not be able to afford any playoff tix.
The Sabres looked pretty weak playing the 8th seed Isles and had 2 calls that went their way that won them two games. Although we should definitely not underrate them I feel like we do have a legitimate chance. I can't see them having anyone that would actually match-up with avery and as usual I believe he will be the X-Factor. Lets hope the Rangers are preparing and we take at least 1 of 2 in HSBC to start the series. Let's Go Rangers!!

Last edited by Draft Guru: 04-22-2007 at 02:51 PM.
Old
04-20-2007, 09:18 PM
nyrangerfan68

Send a message via AIM to nyrangerfan68
i think we will match up good against the sabres...the islanders gave them a bit of trouble and they didn't look like the sabres of the beginning of the season...maybe they're running out of gas (maybe that's wishful thinking) but i definitely like our chances against them.

Old
04-20-2007, 09:18 PM
MJCULE

TB can still pull one out at home

Old
04-20-2007, 09:19 PM
Onion Boy

I think we match up just fine with the Sabres. I can see Avery having a field day with some of their forwards.

Old
04-20-2007, 09:19 PM
clmetsfan

That's fine with me. I think we stack up well with any team in the conference right now; I'm not scared of anyone.

Our games with Buffalo didn't end well, but they were very tight. And we didn't get to play them with Avery, Ortmeyer, Callahan, Mara, or the current Lundqvist. Our team right now is completely different than it was in December. Bring on the slugs!

Old
04-20-2007, 09:20 PM
SabresAreScaryGood
Win jack for Jack!

It sure looks that way. Cant wait. Should be fun. Good luck to you guys!

As for Avery..........The Goose is loose in round 2!! Paul Gaustad brings the grit, size, energy, checking, and also some scoring touch. We miss him, he is a perfect playoff type player that we didnt have in round 1.

Old
04-20-2007, 09:22 PM
NYRangerfn09

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresAreScaryGood View Post

As for Avery..........The Goose is lose in round 2!!

Who is this Goose and how dare you claim a "goose" can handle Avery.

Old
04-20-2007, 09:25 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
I like our chances against Buffalo. They are definitely a dangerous team and that is something to watch for..but the Islanders played them extremely tough and if we can follow the gameplan we had against Atlanta combined with paying attention to how the Isles kept things close, I really think we have a good chance.

Old
04-20-2007, 09:27 PM
geisenNYR

We haven't played Buffalo since very early this season. We are a different team now. Jagr, Shanny and Nylander are playing great, Lundqvist has been ridiculous, and we acquired Avery, to score, and annoy the stars. i think we match up very well with this team, and have a legitimate chance to beat them.

Old
04-20-2007, 09:27 PM
SabresAreScaryGood
Win jack for Jack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfn09 View Post
Who is this Goose and how dare you claim a "goose" can handle Avery.
Gaustad is our grittiest player. Our biggest player. A guy that does the dirty work.

You will know the name well. Gaustad is a fan favorite and is making his return in round 2 after being out since Feb.

He was on Drury's line before he got hurt.

Old
04-20-2007, 09:31 PM
Chimp

We need to do our duty and save the world from Jeanneret for the rest of the playoffs. If there's a chance I have to listen to that guy during any game during the series, I might have to shoot myself. Twice.

Old
04-20-2007, 09:31 PM
blue2noise

Quote:

As for Avery..........The Goose is loose in round 2!! Paul Gaustad brings the grit, size, energy, checking, and also some scoring touch. We miss him, he is a perfect playoff type player that we didnt have in round 1.

Sean Avery likes his goose cooked medium well.

Old
04-20-2007, 09:32 PM
NYRangerfn09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
We need to do our duty and save the world from Jeanneret for the rest of the playoffs. If there's a chance I have to listen to that guy during any game during the series, I might have to shoot myself. Twice.
+1. I go to school there so I have no choice but to watch the games on mute.

Old
04-20-2007, 09:33 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
We need to do our duty and save the world from Jeanneret for the rest of the playoffs.
Yes. Thankfully I'll get Sam and Joe for the games because I think even hearing that guy climax once over a Sabres goal against us would make me want to hurt myself.

Old
04-20-2007, 09:34 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Just a hunch, but I think Avery will torment Briere. Briere has a past of being a cheapshotter and someone who can't take a hit. God forbid he crosses paths with Sean.

Old
04-20-2007, 09:42 PM
VJ Rangerfan

Send a message via AIM to VJ Rangerfan
Quote:
After that I'd need u to pass it to me.

Old
04-20-2007, 09:44 PM
NYROrtsFan

Agree.. Think Avery will have a lot of fun with some of those guys. Briere definitely being one of them.

Jagr also matches up fairly well against their defense in that he can use that size of his to carry the puck. Nylander won't have as much effect though imo.

Outta be a good series. REally think the Rangers can win.

Old
04-20-2007, 09:44 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:

What the hell is he going to to do Avery that guys like Tkachuk didn't do to him? Cheapshot him that bad to injure him for the series? Good luck with that and the aftermath of it if it happened.

Old
04-20-2007, 09:53 PM
BlaqICE

Send a message via ICQ to BlaqICE Send a message via AIM to BlaqICE Send a message via MSN to BlaqICE
while I'm not exactly thrilled about the possibility of us playing Buffalo next round, I would rather have them over Ottawa, especially after watching their defense tonight.

Old
04-20-2007, 10:12 PM
jgrangers2

Quote:
I'm hoping for the same thing. If I have to deal with him, I might punch the TV every time I hear him scream because someone carried the puck over the blue line.

Old
04-20-2007, 10:38 PM
HipKat

I agree the Rangers are playing great now. Youguys handled Atlanta easily, and they gave us fits during the season.
If the Rangers try to skate with the Sabre's, you won't last, but if they get physical in their own zone, and in front of the Buffalo net, then it could be a tough series for us.

All I know is that I don't want Ottawa at all, so hopefully whoever they play will put them out.
NY/NJ would be a great series, too.
The best part, if it IS us and the Rangers, is that I don't think they've ever played each other in the playoffs, so for an old fan like me, it'll be great to see someone new.

Old
04-20-2007, 10:38 PM
Evgeny Oliker

I do think we can beat Buffalo,but it will be rather close.

Their offense is a bit deeper than ours, but not by much. Our D gave up 26 fewer goals than the Sabres D, so thats nice. Also, although Miller is a great goalie,I think that Lundqvist is a bit better.

To me, the forwards and D will cancel each other out...so in the end it will come down to goaltending. That said, I don't think that Lundqvist played his best hockey yet in Round 1. However, the confidence he should get from finally getting to Round 2 should allow him to play at his best in Round 2.

I see Lundqvist as making the difference. Rangers in 6!

Old
04-20-2007, 10:41 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

If we play Buff..its going to be TOUGH. No questions asked. If anyone thinks we have the upper hand they are mistaken.

Lundqvist is going to have to play like he has been, the defense is going to have to play as well as they did vs ATL and the offense is going to have to play just as good for us to win this. A lot of things have to come together for us to advance. This is going to be the complete opposite almost of the first round which featured a very physical team.

We play smart, aggressive hockey vs Buffalo and we will have a chance.

I could easily see this game hitting game 7..but at the same time I could see this being a short series if one team doesn't play their A game while the other does.

Old
04-20-2007, 10:56 PM
ihatenewjersey

we go for win 5 of 16, doesnt matter who it is.

Old
04-20-2007, 11:00 PM
ThirdEye

Oh man this is going to be a good series if it happens. We are still the underdogs by a large margin, but at least we won't have as much pressure on us as Buffalo. I've been watching the Sabres lately and despite being huge favorites they are quite beatable if the Rangers put out a respectable effort every game.

Lundqvist will have to be great again for us to even have a chance, but irregardless there will still be a lot of pucks flying by him because of Buffalo's obvious depth.

Yeh, it is going to be tough but I can't wait

Closed Thread