HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Your 2007 - 2008 Nashville Predators

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-21-2007, 12:17 AM
  #1
Radulov for Czar*
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,419
vCash: 500
Your 2007 - 2008 Nashville Predators

Head Coach - Claude Noel

Steve Sullivan - Daniel Briere - Martin Erat
JP Dumont - Jason Arnott - Alexander Radulov
Scott Hartnell - David Legwand - Vernon Fiddler
Darcy Hordichuk - Scott Nichol - Jared Smithson

Shea Weber - Scott Hannan
Ryan Suter - Kevin Klein
Greg Zanon - Dan Hamhuis


Tomas Vokoun
Chris Mason

I would like to pick up a better 3rd line RW but not sure how much money we would have left after signing Briere. Hurts to see Kariya and Timonen go (I wish we could drop Zids).


Last edited by Radulov for Czar*: 04-21-2007 at 12:25 AM.
Radulov for Czar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 12:21 AM
  #2
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
Head Coach - Claude Noel

Steve Sullivan - Daniel Briere - Martin Erat
JP Dumont - Jason Arnott - Alexander Radulov
Scott Hartnell - Michal Handzus - Vernon Fiddler
Darcy Hordichuk - Scott Nichol - Jared Smithson

Shea Weber - Dan Hamhuis
Ryan Suter - Kevin Klein
Greg Zanon - Marek Zidlicky

Tomas Vokoun
Chris Mason

I would like to pick up a better 3rd line RW but not sure how much money we would have left after signing Briere. Hurts to see Kariya and Timonen go (I wish we could drop Zids).

That defense is a recipe for disaster. And where'd Legwand go?

And Briere is a great player...but we have bigger needs than "undersized center"

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 12:22 AM
  #3
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,116
vCash: 500
and...if we're going to replace trotz with Claude Noel, we might as well just keep Trotz.

They're similar coaches...but at least Trotz has experience.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 12:23 AM
  #4
Radulov for Czar*
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,419
vCash: 500
I wouldn't mint Kulyash or Koistinen having a shot on D. Laakso in MIL with Franson too.

Radulov for Czar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 12:24 AM
  #5
Radulov for Czar*
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,419
vCash: 500
Edit. Legwand at 3rd line C. more money for a third line RW then.

Radulov for Czar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 12:25 AM
  #6
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,116
vCash: 500
If there's a name that I think we should pursue like we've never pursued anyone before...and this series illustrated it...

Scott Hannan. I think we're fine at forward if we retain one of Hartnell(preferably) or Kariya. Defense should have been addressed last summer, and should definitely be addressed this summer.

Offer Hannan 2 or 3 years at 5 per.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 12:27 AM
  #7
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
If there's a name that I think we should pursue like we've never pursued anyone before...and this series illustrated it...

Scott Hannan. I think we're fine at forward if we retain one of Hartnell(preferably) or Kariya. Defense should have been addressed last summer, and should definitely be addressed this summer.

Offer Hannan 2 or 3 years at 5 per.
yup ... Hannan is very underrated ... I don't want anymore kids playing on the blue line unless we absolutely have to

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 12:27 AM
  #8
Radulov for Czar*
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,419
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
If there's a name that I think we should pursue like we've never pursued anyone before...and this series illustrated it...

Scott Hannan. I think we're fine at forward if we retain one of Hartnell(preferably) or Kariya. Defense should have been addressed last summer, and should definitely be addressed this summer.

Offer Hannan 2 or 3 years at 5 per.
I added him before I even read your post.

Radulov for Czar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 12:28 AM
  #9
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 17,123
vCash: 500
We've got to get rid of Zids, he's horrible now.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 12:31 AM
  #10
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
We've got to get rid of Zids, he's horrible now.
I agree. I think he was better in the playoffs than he's been...all year...but the salary could just go somewhere much better. I'd offer Timonen a one year deal at 3.5 million...and let him take it or leave it. I don't see him being worth near the 5 million dollars he's rumored to be asking for. That's number 1 dman money, and I don't think he's that, anymore. He's lost a step in terms of speed, he gets exposed defensively against bigger\stronger teams, and the points alone don't make him worth that much...especially with the emergence of Weber on the PP.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 12:33 AM
  #11
Cocomero*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 8,498
vCash: 500
Pyatts gonna be asking for 1.5-2mil. If the canucks don't re-sign him, would you go after him?

Cocomero* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 12:35 AM
  #12
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
I agree. I think he was better in the playoffs than he's been...all year...but the salary could just go somewhere much better. I'd offer Timonen a one year deal at 3.5 million...and let him take it or leave it. I don't see him being worth near the 5 million dollars he's rumored to be asking for. That's number 1 dman money, and I don't think he's that, anymore. He's lost a step in terms of speed, he gets exposed defensively against bigger\stronger teams, and the points alone don't make him worth that much...especially with the emergence of Weber on the PP.
Hell ... even Suter & Hamhuis are better puck movers on the Power Play

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 12:35 AM
  #13
Predshockey17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 315
vCash: 500
Is Trotz thinking of leaving, or did I miss that?

Predshockey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 12:35 AM
  #14
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 17,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
I agree. I think he was better in the playoffs than he's been...all year...but the salary could just go somewhere much better. I'd offer Timonen a one year deal at 3.5 million...and let him take it or leave it. I don't see him being worth near the 5 million dollars he's rumored to be asking for. That's number 1 dman money, and I don't think he's that, anymore. He's lost a step in terms of speed, he gets exposed defensively against bigger\stronger teams, and the points alone don't make him worth that much...especially with the emergence of Weber on the PP.
Weber, Hamhuis and Suter are the keys to our defense, but we need more physical play.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 12:36 AM
  #15
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 17,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predshockey17 View Post
Is Trotz thinking of leaving, or did I miss that?
He doesn't have a contract right now, and most are hoping to see someone new that will actually attack all year not just until the All-Star break.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 12:37 AM
  #16
veronesepk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 1,022
vCash: 500
Anybody else see us getting in the Briere/Gomez/Drury sweepstakes?

veronesepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 12:37 AM
  #17
Radulov for Czar*
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,419
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckie View Post
Pyatts gonna be asking for 1.5-2mil. If the canucks don't re-sign him, would you go after him?
wouldn't mind having him on the 3rd line (would move Fiddler to the 4th and Hordi as a scratch).

Radulov for Czar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 12:38 AM
  #18
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chattanooga TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,500
vCash: 500
I would be really surprised if Mason is back with this team. The fact of the matter is this: He was the better goalie in the regular season (although I will give credit to Vokoun as being very good apart from game 4 in the playoffs.......). He deserves a chance as a starter, and I think he has to take it. Poile and Mason will likely meet, and I am very sure this issue will come up and their can only be one conclusion. If a reasonable offer is made, Mason will be traded.

Can we really have both Timonen AND Zidlicky on the same team. I say we cannot. We need a defenseman that is a legitimate shutdown guy that can play alongside Weber for 25-27 minutes a night. Conclusion: If we resign Timonen, Zidlicky and his 3.7 million salary HAS TO BE MOVED. Additionally is Timonen worth 4 million? 5 million? I'm not so sure that he is. He isn't as good as Gonchar offensively, and he definitely has holes in his defensive game. I like the guy, but history has shown that he wears down at the end of the season.

Radulov makes Kariya expendable. The playoff no show hurts Kariya's desire for a raise. That said, if resigning Kariya nets us Forsberg - you do it EVEN if it means Hartnell is gone.

Hartnell is going to leave. Poile's biggest mistake as a GM was to not pony up for Hartnell when he had the leverage. Scotty had another decent year on the 3rd line ........ his skillset is a rarity and someone is going to overpay for him. Its unavoidable.

Forsberg - we loved you, we wish you could stay.........but does anyone see us resigning him after the way we went out this year? I can't.........I suspect he will be back with the Avalanche next year.

__________________
- Enoch -
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 12:38 AM
  #19
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by veronesepk View Post
Anybody else see us getting in the Briere/Gomez/Drury sweepstakes?
nope

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 12:39 AM
  #20
Radulov for Czar*
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,419
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by veronesepk View Post
Anybody else see us getting in the Briere/Gomez/Drury sweepstakes?
We need a center. Unless you see Arnott on the top line, Leggy on the second, and someone like Handzus would be a possibility, but I want someone to fly with Erat and Sullivan. A guy like Drury is clutch, but I see Buffalo keeping him over Briere.

Radulov for Czar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 12:40 AM
  #21
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 17,123
vCash: 500
Sullivan health is a huge issue.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 12:43 AM
  #22
Radulov for Czar*
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,419
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I would be really surprised if Mason is back with this team. The fact of the matter is this: He was the better goalie in the regular season (although I will give credit to Vokoun as being very good apart from game 4 in the playoffs.......). He deserves a chance as a starter, and I think he has to take it. Poile and Mason will likely meet, and I am very sure this issue will come up and their can only be one conclusion. If a reasonable offer is made, Mason will be traded.

Can we really have both Timonen AND Zidlicky on the same team. I say we cannot. We need a defenseman that is a legitimate shutdown guy that can play alongside Weber for 25-27 minutes a night. Conclusion: If we resign Timonen, Zidlicky and his 3.7 million salary HAS TO BE MOVED. Additionally is Timonen worth 4 million? 5 million? I'm not so sure that he is. He isn't as good as Gonchar offensively, and he definitely has holes in his defensive game. I like the guy, but history has shown that he wears down at the end of the season.

Radulov makes Kariya expendable. The playoff no show hurts Kariya's desire for a raise. That said, if resigning Kariya nets us Forsberg - you do it EVEN if it means Hartnell is gone.

Hartnell is going to leave. Poile's biggest mistake as a GM was to not pony up for Hartnell when he had the leverage. Scotty had another decent year on the 3rd line ........ his skillset is a rarity and someone is going to overpay for him. Its unavoidable.

Forsberg - we loved you, we wish you could stay.........but does anyone see us resigning him after the way we went out this year? I can't.........I suspect he will be back with the Avalanche next year.
Personally, I wouldn't mind Mason as our starter, and sending Vokoun to Boston and pick up Thomas or Toivonen. I doubt Kariya stays, and doubt even more that Forsberg stays. I would like Hartnell to stay but wouldn't miss him too much if he left.

Zidlicky has to be gone. Send him to St. Louis (see if we can put a package together for Brad Boyes).

Radulov for Czar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 12:46 AM
  #23
SC2008
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,008
vCash: 500
If you guys sign Scott Hannan I will cry.

SC2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 01:27 AM
  #24
Jarnberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,483
vCash: 500
I don't care what happens this offseason, as long as Scott Nichol is not on this team. He's a disgrace.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 01:27 AM
  #25
icandobetter
Registered User
 
icandobetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: chico
Country: United States
Posts: 2,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2008 View Post
If you guys sign Scott Hannan I will cry.
IF we win the cup this year, consider Hannan's career done as a shark.

icandobetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.