HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OFFICIAL: Rangers vs Buffalo, Round 2

View Poll Results: Who wins and how many games?
Rangers in 4 4 3.08%
Rangers in 5 7 5.38%
Rangers in 6 49 37.69%
Rangers in 7 20 15.38%
Sabres in 7 7 5.38%
Sabres in 6 21 16.15%
Sabres in 5 16 12.31%
Sabres in 4 6 4.62%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-22-2007, 03:15 PM
  #26
Draft Guru
Registered User
 
Draft Guru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blotsfan View Post
Well if Homestar thinks the Rangers will win Buffalo's victory is all but guarenteed.
No. Homestar correctly predicted a Rangers win over Atlanta.

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 03:15 PM
  #27
Kruschiki
Registered User
 
Kruschiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 13,899
vCash: 500
You guys are going DOWN!!!!!!!!!

Kruschiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 03:18 PM
  #28
Draft Guru
Registered User
 
Draft Guru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
You guys are going DOWN!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the wonderful insight!

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 03:20 PM
  #29
jBuds
pretty damn valuable
 
jBuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC Suburbs
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 26,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
Thanks for the wonderful insight!
Good to see we're welcomed with open arms here....

I'm pretty sure he was just poking fun... he meant no harm.


Rangers in 7

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 03:30 PM
  #30
Vito_81
Registered User
 
Vito_81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,120
vCash: 500
Sabres in 6. This team has played nowhere near their capabilites yet where perhaps the Rangers have peaked.

Vito_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 03:31 PM
  #31
NewYorkStranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 203
vCash: 500
I believe we can beat this team, but I can't say we will. This is the matchup I wanted, but until we prove otherwise they are the best team in the East. I'll refrain from a prediction, and hope for a win against a great team.

NewYorkStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 03:33 PM
  #32
blue2noise
Registered User
 
blue2noise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
You guys are going DOWN!!!!!!!!!
How can you talk smack with possibly the gayest avatar I have ever seen?

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 03:34 PM
  #33
blue2noise
Registered User
 
blue2noise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuddy View Post
Good to see we're welcomed with open arms here....

I'm pretty sure he was just poking fun... he meant no harm.


Rangers in 7
Who ever said you were welcome?

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 03:35 PM
  #34
blue2noise
Registered User
 
blue2noise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkStranger View Post
I believe we can beat this team, but I can't say we will. This is the matchup I wanted, but until we prove otherwise they are the best team in the East. I'll refrain from a prediction, and hope for a win against a great team.
They were the best team in the east by FAR the first half of the season. That was a long long time ago.

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 03:38 PM
  #35
bobbop
Henrik's Pop
 
bobbop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Suburban Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 4,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito_81 View Post
Sabres in 6. This team has played nowhere near their capabilites yet where perhaps the Rangers have peaked.
Perhaps a better way to look at this is that the Sabres are playing nowhere near their capabilities and the Rangers are peaking. New York in 6 very hard fought games.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 03:42 PM
  #36
Kruschiki
Registered User
 
Kruschiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 13,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
Thanks for the wonderful insight!
Just don't forget who you heard it from...

It's all in fun, folks. Let's keep it light-hearted and hope for a good series with no controversy.

Kruschiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 03:43 PM
  #37
DontStaal
Registered User
 
DontStaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 1,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Just don't forget who you heard it from...

It's all in fun, folks. Let's keep it light-hearted and hope for a good series with no controversy.
ooo... with the way the calls went against the Isles, I highly doubt that.

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 03:50 PM
  #38
Draft Guru
Registered User
 
Draft Guru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Just don't forget who you heard it from...

It's all in fun, folks. Let's keep it light-hearted and hope for a good series with no controversy.
I forgot to add a smiley face, lol.

I know it's all in fun. My remark was a joke.

Here's to a clean, hard-fought, injury-free series. Both teams are pretty similar...a lot of star power up front, solid depth, excellent goaltending, and despite neither team having any star blueliners, both teams play excellent defense as a unit.

I have 1 ticket to Game 6, so I'm hoping it gets that far! (But I have no problem with a Rangers victory in 4 or 5)

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 04:05 PM
  #39
Fan-of-#9
Registered User
 
Fan-of-#9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Southern Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,775
vCash: 500
Good Luck folks. Should be fun.

Fan-of-#9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 04:09 PM
  #40
NYR94
Registered User
 
NYR94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,703
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR94
When was the last time a team played two playoff series in the same year entirely in the same state?

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 04:10 PM
  #41
John Torturella
Registered User
 
John Torturella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaSabre View Post
Buffalo sold out every home game this season and the playoff games as well. They don't have too many no show corporate seats either, so I think it might have been an illusion. I don't think Atlanta sold out either of their games against the Rangers.
I think he meant they werent into it? Could be wrong though

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 04:28 PM
  #42
OldBlueSeats
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 225
vCash: 500
Any word on the dates VS Sabres?

Any word on the dates VS Sabres? trying to do a work schedule and this is killing me.
please post ASAP!

OldBlueSeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 04:29 PM
  #43
DutchShamrock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevFan-RU- View Post
Rangers sweep in 4. The Sabres barely beat the Rangers in the reg. And they faced weak-ass Weekes. So clearly, the Rangers will destroy them with Lundqvist in net.
This is blackmagic-voodoo-reverse psychology-jinx tactics. The Rangers win when everyone counts them out and you have figured it out. You are an evil genious.

This is the matchup I prefered. The key will be to not make mistakes. Buffalo specializes on transition and making you pay for mistakes and turnovers. Very smart and very fast. They didn't look too sharp against the Isles and hopefully we can carry momentum. They haven't played too many important games over the last few months whereas the Rangers have been playing playoff hockey for almost 3 months.

I think the winner of this series is going to the Finals, NJ and Ott will beat the snot out of eachother.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 04:33 PM
  #44
Vagrant
The Czech Condor
 
Vagrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 20,015
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Henrik is a better tender than Miller. If the Rangers forwards outplay the Buffalo forwards, they'll come out of this series in good shape.

Vagrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 04:34 PM
  #45
John Torturella
Registered User
 
John Torturella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post
This is blackmagic-voodoo-reverse psychology-jinx tactics. The Rangers win when everyone counts them out and you have figured it out. You are an evil genious.

This is the matchup I prefered. The key will be to not make mistakes. Buffalo specializes on transition and making you pay for mistakes and turnovers. Very smart and very fast. They didn't look too sharp against the Isles and hopefully we can carry momentum. They haven't played too many important games over the last few months whereas the Rangers have been playing playoff hockey for almost 3 months.

I think the winner of this series is going to the Finals, NJ and Ott will beat the snot out of eachother.
Very true. They have face ZERO adversity this season. The only adversity they face was thwarted by the Referees bad calls

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 04:34 PM
  #46
Ddubs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Leesburg, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,494
vCash: 500
THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH IS COMING TO NEW YORK CITY.

The Buffalo Sabres New York state tour sponsored by Toyota is stopping in your area.

Please call your local ticket provider or stop at the MSG ticket office.

Ddubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 04:44 PM
  #47
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,097
vCash: 500
Yeah, I fly thursday for 5 days return early early monday.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 04:47 PM
  #48
In The Flesh
Registered User
 
In The Flesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevFan-RU- View Post
Rangers sweep in 4. The Sabres barely beat the Rangers in the reg. And they faced weak-ass Weekes. So clearly, the Rangers will destroy them with Lundqvist in net.
1. The Sabres are the Presd. trophy winners.
2. Miller is a wall as is Lundquist.
3. Buffalo's offense is high flying.

It's really surprising to see some of you so confidnet, its good thou.

The Rangers have been rolling for quite some time now, I have a feeling somethings going to happen, some bumps in the road perhaps.

DevFan I hope you're right It would be awsome to be in the ECF!!, lets win this series first thou.

BTW, Rick Jeanrette may be the worst play by play man in the league.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 04:50 PM
  #49
Ddubs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Leesburg, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
1. The Sabres are the Presd. trophy winners.
2. Miller is a wall as is Lundquist.
3. Buffalo's offense is high flying.

It's really surprising to see some of you so confidnet, its good thou.

The Rangers have been rolling for quite some time now, I have a feeling somethings going to happen, some bumps in the road perhaps.

DevFan I hope you're right It would be awsome to be in the ECF!!, lets win this series first thou.

BTW, Rick Jeanrette may be the worst play by play man in the league.



Buffalo's Rallying cry: "You make take our lives in battle, but you will never make fun of Rick!"

Ddubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 04:58 PM
  #50
Insomniac99
Registered User
 
Insomniac99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Orchard Park, NY
Posts: 1,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by motime42 View Post
Very true. They have face ZERO adversity this season. The only adversity they face was thwarted by the Referees bad calls
Are you serious? Im pretty sure the Sabres have lost more man games to injury than any other team in the league. At one point having 8 of their starters out, and still keeping their record above 500. One of their most talented players was out the WHOLE year. No adversity huh.

Insomniac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.