Jamie McLennan Suspended 5 Games

Old
04-22-2007, 05:16 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arice89 View Post
Langkow knew there were no refs around, suckerpunched Lebda, put his thumb in Lebda's throat and then rolled around on the ice pretending to be hurt.
Yeah, because he couldn't of possibly been hurt after a hit like the one he took from Lebda, right?

I'm not defending Langkow's actions, but in a way I can understand why he did what he did. After getting taken out down low like he did, what do you think most people's instant reaction would have been? Regardless of what we may think, whether or not Lebda's check was with intent to injure, Langkow probably didn't see it that way, and that's why he reacted the way he did. A lot worse things has talen place in the NHL and received no suspension for it. I don't see Lebda as a dirty kind of player, and neither is Langkow, and I doubt he'd roll around pretending to be hurt if he wasn't. A lot of fans are blowing this way out of proportion. The Red Wings have dished out a lot of foul hits in this series too and gotten away with it. Obviously none of us (well, most of us, anyway) want to see any players from either team get hurt, but it happens when tempers are flaring the way they were with this game. It's unfortunate that Lebda suffered a concussion, but I don't understand how he's a victim in all of this either. If Langkow didn't get hurt, he could have easily. He may not of handled the situation right, but I don't think he deserves a suspension for it.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote