vCash: 500
Reading Material

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=7050

crackercats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 10:07 AM
chriss_co

he sounds like a frustrated red wings fan...

chriss_co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 03:56 PM
jnewton91

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriss_co View Post
he sounds like a frustrated red wings fan...
Correction: he sounds like every fan in the NHL that isn't residing in Calgary.

jnewton91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 03:58 PM
BadNewsBearcat

Frick, if it wasn't for McLennan's idiot two hander nobody would even be talking about this and the Langkow and Iginla things wouldn't have been blown way out of proportion.

BadNewsBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 05:05 PM
bodybreak
We're Back!

vCash: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnewton91 View Post
Correction: he sounds like every fan in the NHL that isn't residing in Calgary.
not true. I was shocked at how much play Sportscentre was giving the whole thing after the game. It wasn't like absolute mayhem broke out. There weren't even any line brawls. It's the playoffs, and incidents like this are nothin more than trying to regiain momentum / knock opponents off their game.

it's the same type of intensity that results in a forward who's breaking in on goal at full speed, and would normally hold up in the regular season, absolutely plowing through the goalie, getting a goal and knocking the net off the moorings.

no one ever cries for goalie interference calls on those plays.

in the same way, detroit-colorado grew into an intense rivlary because of playoff animosity. no one was demanding these teams be excused from the stanley cup playoffs. it was adrenaline-rushing, high octane entertainment!

so you'll have to forgive me if i just don't get what the big deal is here! no one was head-hunting. no one was trying to put a guy out of the series.

no one was irate in our living room: one guy indifferent to both teams, one guy fan of a Calgary division rival, and the other a fan of a former Detroit division rival. the reaction by the rest of the hockey world just stuns me.

to call the flames "without a backbone, [without leadership] and a collection of boors," seems a bit much to me, mr. berger. it's as if you're comparing the flames to the likes of todd bertuzzi -- who you believe, according to your blog, possesses the character and fortitude worth playing among the NHL's elite. disgusting.

bodybreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 07:18 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodybreak View Post
not true. I was shocked at how much play Sportscentre was giving the whole thing after the game. It wasn't like absolute mayhem broke out. There weren't even any line brawls. It's the playoffs, and incidents like this are nothin more than trying to regiain momentum / knock opponents off their game.

it's the same type of intensity that results in a forward who's breaking in on goal at full speed, and would normally hold up in the regular season, absolutely plowing through the goalie, getting a goal and knocking the net off the moorings.

no one ever cries for goalie interference calls on those plays.

in the same way, detroit-colorado grew into an intense rivlary because of playoff animosity. no one was demanding these teams be excused from the stanley cup playoffs. it was adrenaline-rushing, high octane entertainment!

so you'll have to forgive me if i just don't get what the big deal is here! no one was head-hunting. no one was trying to put a guy out of the series.

no one was irate in our living room: one guy indifferent to both teams, one guy fan of a Calgary division rival, and the other a fan of a former Detroit division rival. the reaction by the rest of the hockey world just stuns me.

to call the flames "without a backbone, [without leadership] and a collection of boors," seems a bit much to me, mr. berger. it's as if you're comparing the flames to the likes of todd bertuzzi -- who you believe, according to your blog, possesses the character and fortitude worth playing among the NHL's elite. disgusting.
i agree... teh only thing "wrong" that happened last night was the McLennan's bonehead play

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote