HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shanny, Part II

Old
04-22-2007, 08:04 PM
philbo

vCash: 500
At 4 million, who cares the money means nothing.

The cap is going up.

Nyls and Straka are still going to be a bargins for front liners in terms of dollars>productivity.

There are going to be kids filling out our roster for the next few years all making nothing.

All this means nothing if we continue to play well, win and change the culture of the franchise. If Shanny is a major part of that, he continues to get my vote.

philbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 08:04 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
I don't see the Rangers going heavy in the UFA market in the off season. Too many prospects coming up who are close to fill up the gaps. Maybe a 2nd line type of center. Our D looks okay and Kaspar, Weekes and Ozo's contracts are off the books. Give Nylander a nice raise. Ditto for Avery. Qualify Rachunek. Shanny about the same as he's getting now and a big one for Henrik and that should about do it.
i agree, i literally could see us coming back with the exact same starting roster.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 08:09 PM
Olorin

Straka's obviously lying. It's clear to everyone that Shanahan has somehow brainwashed the entire team (and the rest of the league as well) into believing he possesses noteworthy leadership qualities. What a charlatan.

Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 08:20 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
$4 million for no further commitment than one year at a time, especially when the production was there, makes a lot more sense than trying to sign a Ryan Smyth, especially when somebody, be it Wang, one of Montreal or Toronto, or a Western team with cap space, is bound to give him a 6 year, $36 million contract.
There is no reason what-so-ever for us to get Ryan smyth, he DOESN"T WANT O BE IN NY! If he does not go back to Edmomton I can see him landing on the Flyers.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 08:25 PM
BroadwayBlair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
Shanny should not be resigned....

not at 4 million a year..

Not when he is going to be 39 years old

Not when he showed a lack of scoring at even strength..

Not when the Rangers can replace HIM with guys like Dubinsky, Dawes, or other prospects...

His leadership IS OVERRATED...What else is Straka going to say?

Again to many Rangers fans consider shanny a close personal friend...Instead of looking at the guy for what he really is...

A 39 year old who can't handle a full 82 game schedule...

Avery doesnt' want to let Shanny down?

Funny because Avery played his best hockey with Shanny not in the lineup...

The whole team did down the stretch...
having shanny around will teach the young guys how to win, and start to enstill a culture of winning in New York if shanny wants to play another year they should resign him

BroadwayBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 08:30 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
i agree, i literally could see us coming back with the exact same starting roster.
agreed, I would have no prolbem going into next year with the lineup we have now, theres no reason to get nuts with outside free agents. We can always re-tool during the season like we did this year.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 09:03 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

shanahan is becoming our version of sakic with some amazing intangibles.. give him his 3.5-4 mil

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 09:37 PM
sheerterror

I think what Shanahan could do in terms of helping to develop the character and abilities of the younger guys on this team alone should warrant his return. A class guy like Shanahan (who, by the way, is proving to be one of those freaks of nature a la Mark Messier, Chris Chelios, Mathieu Schneider etc. that can play at a relatively high level well into their late 30s+) has and will continue to go a long way in helping the younger guys learn how to be better pros on and off the ice. I still wonder how much better Fedor Tyutin would be right now if Brian Leetch was around an extra season to help him with his game.

sheerterror is offline   Reply With Quote